Bug reports & suggestions

Started by AGA, Fri 25/01/2013 12:50:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilbert

I haven't checked extensively, but maybe there is an option to change it? (In that case I apologise for wasting this space here.)

I've noticed that in the new forums, the title of a thread only appears once on top of the page, which is a minor annoyance to me until... I have to update the Hall of Fame thread, in which it has become completely unreadable, as it relies on the different subject lines assigned to individual posts to distinguish between the different activities.

I don't know whether it's worth reverting this behaviour (some people may abuse the subject lines for whatever purposes?) but IMO sometimes individual posts have different subject lines for a reason. It is currently very confusing.

AGA

Quote from: Gilbert on Mon 03/10/2022 12:15:08I haven't checked extensively, but maybe there is an option to change it? (In that case I apologise for wasting this space here.)

I've noticed that in the new forums, the title of a thread only appears once on top of the page, which is a minor annoyance to me until... I have to update the Hall of Fame thread, in which it has become completely unreadable, as it relies on the different subject lines assigned to individual posts to distinguish between the different activities.

I don't know whether it's worth reverting this behaviour (some people may abuse the subject lines for whatever purposes?) but IMO sometimes individual posts have different subject lines for a reason. It is currently very confusing.

I'll look to readd this.  However, in the interim, you can just hover over the post datetime, and it'll give you the post topic.

AGA

Turns it was just an admin setting to show or hide the post topic!  Reenabled now.

Gilbert

eri0o

Trying to login in AGS Wiki takes me back to the forum, and when I access AGS Wiki, it's not logged anymore.

Crimson Wizard

I have this unusual usability problem, likely because I have mod rights in certain threads, "Quick edit" button also shows for me on other peoples posts, and I keep clicking on it occasionally when trying to reply... Good thing I was able to notice what i do wrong before saving the post.
Is there a way to make it more distinct when it's not on my own posts perhaps? I don't want to remove someones text by mistake...

Laura Hunt

It looks like my "trophies" ("X worked on one or more games that won/were nominated for an AGS award") are not showing under my profile pic. Is there a setting I've missed somewhere that I need to enable in order to display them? Or are my itch/twitter icons overriding them?

AGA

Quote from: eri0o on Tue 04/10/2022 16:46:16Trying to login in AGS Wiki takes me back to the forum, and when I access AGS Wiki, it's not logged anymore.

Work in progress!

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Wed 05/10/2022 10:04:03I have this unusual usability problem, likely because I have mod rights in certain threads, "Quick edit" button also shows for me on other peoples posts, and I keep clicking on it occasionally when trying to reply... Good thing I was able to notice what i do wrong before saving the post.
Is there a way to make it more distinct when it's not on my own posts perhaps? I don't want to remove someones text by mistake...

I'll have a think about this!

Quote from: Laura Hunt on Sun 09/10/2022 15:42:50It looks like my "trophies" ("X worked on one or more games that won/were nominated for an AGS award") are not showing under my profile pic. Is there a setting I've missed somewhere that I need to enable in order to display them? Or are my itch/twitter icons overriding them?

Fixed!

AGA

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Wed 05/10/2022 10:04:03I have this unusual usability problem, likely because I have mod rights in certain threads, "Quick edit" button also shows for me on other peoples posts, and I keep clicking on it occasionally when trying to reply... Good thing I was able to notice what i do wrong before saving the post.

I've changed the label to "Quick Edit (Other's)" on moderators' posts.

Laura Hunt

Quote from: AGA on Mon 10/10/2022 17:36:35
Quote from: Laura Hunt on Sun 09/10/2022 15:42:50It looks like my "trophies" ("X worked on one or more games that won/were nominated for an AGS award") are not showing under my profile pic. Is there a setting I've missed somewhere that I need to enable in order to display them? Or are my itch/twitter icons overriding them?
Fixed!

Fantastic, thanks a lot!

heltenjon

It seems like the PM functionality isn't working at the moment.

Snarky

Forum search isn't working either.

AGA

Should be fixed!  It was a side effect of an SMF software update.

cat

The Wiki does not work. It shows an error message:

QuoteMediaWiki 1.36 internal error

Installing some PHP extensions is required.
Required components

You are missing a required extension to PHP that MediaWiki requires to run. Please install:

intl (more information)

mkennedy

For some reason the forum is listing the date as March instead of January.

eri0o

UHM, it seems we are back to 2013

AGA

Can someone please give exact examples of where the dates are wrong?  I've poked around, and everywhere I've looked they're showing today

heltenjon

Quote from: AGA on Wed 04/01/2023 18:01:52Can someone please give exact examples of where the dates are wrong?  I've poked around, and everywhere I've looked they're showing today
Here. Wrong date in top left corner.  At least it's the correct year now, only three months wrong.
Spoiler
[close]

AGA

Quote from: cat on Sun 01/01/2023 19:56:29The Wiki does not work. It shows an error message:

QuoteMediaWiki 1.36 internal error

Installing some PHP extensions is required.
Required components

You are missing a required extension to PHP that MediaWiki requires to run. Please install:

intl (more information)

Should be fixed now!

eri0o

@AGA , is the wiki username and password the same as the forums?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk