Forum upgrade

Started by AGA, Wed 25/04/2012 23:47:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Khris

Just put them all in, unsupported CSS is ignored.

AGA

Okay, done that.  It looks good in Firefox at least; I'm at work, so I don't have access to my usual 15 browsers to test in those.  It doesn't look good in IE 8 though, but I'm not too bothered since IE isn't a real browser.

Snarky

I really like all the other forum enhancements (embedded videos, woohoo!), but I love this one! It's perfect! (The only thing that might make it better would be a way to set the default zoom level on [imgzoom] tags.) In Safari it still looks slightly blurry (but not as much as it used to in Firefox), and on my Android phone it looks blurry both in the default browser and Opera Mini. (You can't actually hover to resize in these, but when you pinch-zoom the page itself it still does some sort of bilinear or bicubic interpolation.) Nevertheless, it's great!

Oh, and would it be possible to enable keyboard shortcuts for at least the basic formatting tags (bold, italics, ...)?

AGA

I've taken a look at the zoom code, and I can't find an obvious way you making it zoom by default.  However, JavaScript is really not a strength of mine, so if someone else wants to take a look, go ahead.

I'll take a look at the keyboard shortcuts later.

AGA

There, enhanced post box, with shortcuts and all.

selmiak

Tabata

YAY!
Here they are â€" at least!

Armageddon

Just a little thing that's been bugging me, I keep clicking 'All' on the threads pages area thing. I believe it used to be last, or maybe nothing was there. I believe the number before all is one page behind the last, could be wrong. It would be great if you could change this. And also get a better grain texture for the sides. I could supply one if you want. :)

AGA

Quote from: Armageddon on Wed 16/05/2012 06:25:04
Just a little thing that's been bugging me, I keep clicking 'All' on the threads pages area thing. I believe it used to be last, or maybe nothing was there. I believe the number before all is one page behind the last, could be wrong. It would be great if you could change this. And also get a better grain texture for the sides. I could supply one if you want. :)

I have no idea what you mean. 'All' didn't used to show, and it only shows now when there are fewer than 250 posts in a thread (five pages).  What do you mean by "the number before all is one page behind the last"?  The posts per page has changed to 50 now, while it used to be 20 by default, maybe that's confusing you.

monkey0506

I'm being horrible and nit-picky, but the color for numbers in the AGS code boxes is off, and none of the operators are being highlighted, they should appear as dark green.  :P

AGA

Tell me the HTML colour code they should be and I'll fix it.  I'm far too lazy to actually open AGS and take screenshots!  As for the operators, I tried to get those working, but couldn't manage it.  I'll have another look later.

cat

When there are new messages in the pm list, there is a "new" icon, but it doesn't link anywhere, you have to click on the subject instead. This is inconsistent with the rest of the forum, where you can click "new" next to the thread title. Is it possible to extend the link to include the image? I always try to click it but it doesn't work  :P

AGA

Quote from: cat on Wed 16/05/2012 18:58:02
When there are new messages in the pm list, there is a "new" icon, but it doesn't link anywhere, you have to click on the subject instead. This is inconsistent with the rest of the forum, where you can click "new" next to the thread title. Is it possible to extend the link to include the image? I always try to click it but it doesn't work  :P

Done.

cat

AGA

Okay, so I've done some work on the profiles:

• the games list has been tidied up, and will now show a little yellow icon (this is a placeholder) for every AGS Award the game has won. Hover over this to see detail.
  • near the top of the page there will be a little blurb if someone has won a Lifetime Achievement Award.
  • people's 'offer your services' info will now show, along with a bit giving detail.  This accesses the info used by the old system, which means that any changes you've made to this info since the forum redesign may be lost.  Sorry!

On every post made by a user:

• A little red icon will show if they have received a Lifetime Achievement Award.  Hover over this to see the year.
  • The 'offer your services' icons will show.  I'm planning to make these link to the relevant part of the user's profile.

ProgZmax is a very good example - he has all of these things.

AGA

Oh, and the icons are due to change soon, as tabata has very kindly drawn some shiny new ones.

Khris

Hovering over the help icons below the avatar doesn't show the custom text but always "I can help with x"

AGA

Quote from: Khris on Thu 17/05/2012 13:15:26
Hovering over the help icons below the avatar doesn't show the custom text but always "I can help with x"

Yeah, that's a limitation of the way the default custom fields (default custom, that's probably not a thing) work in SMF.  I'm doing some haxxing to work around it.

Hudders

Those icons have gone wrong in Chrome, (looks fine in Firefox).

JJS

In my Firefox 12.0 it looks also messed up like in the screenshot. Works fine in IE 9 for me.
Ask me about AGS on PSP, Android and iOS! Source, Daily builds

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk