Forum upgrade

Started by AGA, Wed 25/04/2012 23:47:12

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

Getting lots of strange bullet points everywhere (by those little icons by peoples posts), in firefox, on multiple computers.

Also the offer your services icons, for me, are centered and have a big line break under each one.

Pumaman

also, now apparently I can help with music and translating ... i certainly couldn't last time I looked but thanks for giving me these extra talents :P

AGA

It's your fault for having such an easily rememberable user ID, CJ!

These bugs will be sorted tomorrow, I'm too busy tonight!

Dualnames

Oh, CJ is up for work, someone should get him.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

AGA

I removed his offerings, since apparently he's too good to do music for us commoners.  Then again, given his taste in early 00s girl pop, that might be a good thing.

Sslaxx

Perhaps we should do something about the old-ass favicon the site and/or forums have right now. The default blue mug icon would work.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

AGA

Quote from: Sslaxx on Fri 18/05/2012 16:19:09
Perhaps we should do something about the old-ass favicon the site and/or forums have right now. The default blue mug icon would work.

Done, with my added amateurish pixel art 'AGS'.  If someone wants to design a more fancy one, they're welcome to.

Ryan Timothy B

Which graphic was the favicon?

AGA

monkey0506

Regarding the AGS code color for number values, I haven't checked the exact RGB values, but CSS "maroon" is closer to what's actually in AGS than the current value.

Also, I've noticed a couple of other issues with the syntax highlighting:

- If something is immediately preceded by a period, it should not be highlighted (numbers are an exception of course). Specifically this wrong for the Character.Room property, where 'Room' shouldn't be colored.
- The syntax highlighting isn't case sensitive. Seeing as AGS is, it would be useful if the highlighting were too.
- It's already been noted, but if a macro or preprocessor directive is followed by a comment "//" or "/*" then the rest of that line should be green.

If any/all of these aren't very easy to fix, it's a minor quirk. ;)

selmiak

Is it just me or are the buttons to collapse/expand forum categories switched? Just like clicking on a plus expands a folder structure I'd expect clicking in an arrow pointing down to expand the category and the arrow pointing up to minimizi the category.

Khris

selmiak: That's the old "button shows what it does vs. shows current state" chestnut. Basically, this is still a matter of discussion, and there are lots of people in both camps (in general, not here in the forums).

Some minor stuff, but I guess AGA is still working on that anyway:
-award icons have gone
-hovering over the profile's email link puts "Array" in front of it.

Snarky

Quote from: selmiak on Sat 19/05/2012 02:13:27
Is it just me or are the buttons to collapse/expand forum categories switched? Just like clicking on a plus expands a folder structure I'd expect clicking in an arrow pointing down to expand the category and the arrow pointing up to minimizi the category.

I discussed this with Darth. To him it makes sense the way it is, to me they seem obviously switched (and are opposite to all other forums I read that use arrows).

Ryan Timothy B

I've noticed there seems to be a glitch with the code coloring. This post has the code commenting after the apostrophe. I tried to do it in here but it doesn't seem to show the issue.

I believe it's using the C# style commenting. Unless this is some kind of one time glitch. Not sure.

Edit: I'm an idiot and didn't notice it was registering all the lines below that accidental quote issue as strings. So it is doing what it's supposed to. Just gets all weirded out once it hits the apostrophe.

Dualnames

Quote from: AGA on Fri 18/05/2012 09:12:09
I removed his offerings, since apparently he's too good to do music for us commoners.  Then again, given his taste in early 00s girl pop, that might be a good thing.

His offerings are still there, I'm sooooo booking him for music!  ;-D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

AGA

Quote from: Dualnames on Sun 20/05/2012 11:36:51
His offerings are still there, I'm sooooo booking him for music!  ;-D

Weird.  I did already remove them once, but apparently it didn't take.

Dualnames

They are gone now. No biggie.  ;)

Monsieur OUXX

- Shouldn't the Members Map be inside the "Members" menu?
- Shouldn't the "BB code" be inside the "Help" menu?

JJS

Code: ags
Code tags without a specified highlighting scheme are now drawn like regular text. I think it would make sense to have them either default to the AGS syntax or to no highlighting.
Ask me about AGS on PSP, Android and iOS! Source, Daily builds

monkey0506

JJS, this is the official response to exactly that:

Quote from: AGA on Sun 13/05/2012 19:13:31
It's not as easy as you might think.  This uses a library called GeSHi, which provides highlighting for hundreds of languages.  I may be able to hack the mod to make AGS the default, but I ain't promisin' nothin'.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk