Forum upgrade

Started by AGA, Wed 25/04/2012 23:47:12

Previous topic - Next topic

AGA

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Fri 06/07/2012 07:09:40
I still want to see how the code highlighting was implemented and why it was easy to get the  [code=ags]  to work but not the single  [code]. (not that I'm insulting you or anything)

It was implemented the way cb|GeSHi-mod works by default.  The reason it was easy to add the AGS tag is that it's designed to let you drop in additional languages (plus some friend of... Khris? did the GeSHi script for AGS, not me!) easily, but in order to make [code] tags work I'd have to completely rewrite the parsing code.  SMF coding is surprisingly complex, since every script seems to include a billion other scripts.  It you want to take a look yourself, it's the code tag stuff in Subs.php that needs to change.

As for the Googling it for you mod, I'll take a look later.

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: monkey_05_06 on Fri 06/07/2012 07:38:54
Patronizing much?
I said to myself "What can I do to bug Monkey today?". ;)
I was laughing while I was doing it. Good times. Apologies if my patronizing humor has offended you.  ;)

AGA, I won't be looking into the defaulting of the orig code tags and AGS code tags right now, but maybe in a couple days. I'm in no rush. ;)
Months ago I've dug through some of the PHP scripts for the SMF forum and it's definitely a tangled mess. We'll see what I discover.

JJS

I did take a quick look and I think that inserting
Code: php
if (empty($lang))
  $lang = "ags";

before the line
Code: php
$geshi = new Geshi($data[0], $lang);

in subs.php should do the trick.
Ask me about AGS on PSP, Android and iOS! Source, Daily builds

Ryan Timothy B

I figured it would be exactly like that. As I had somewhat said a few pages back. Good stuff. Hopefully that works.

AGA

Now [code=] works, but not [code].  The parser expects the code tag to have a parameter, rather than being empty.

JJS

Oh, I did have another look and there are two code tags defined in Subs.php. One is for code (type=unparsed_content) and one for code= (type=unparsed_equals_content).

So the "code=" version has to be copied over to "code". I don't know if it will work though if it expects parameters.

LTGiants2000

Hey guys, the past week or so it seems like email alerts have stopped coming for threads I was previously receiving them. Any tips? It is an AOL address but I checked SPAM and nothing....

Tabata

I have an AOL address, too and my notifications work, so it seems to be something else.

LTGiants2000

Oh just got that one! I went in and changed my email address and then BACK to AOL...maybe that fixed it....

Tabata

It's not a big prob for me, but I thought I'll mention it here, because for all serious developer it's not that nice
and for normal users/guests who watch the profiles (coming from the database) it is very irritating.

The lines about what work you did on the named games are not correct.
What you (really) did is to be seen one line upwards (and for the last one you did nothing)

example to make it more clear:

EDIT
Watching the same profiles by using an other laptop (in same settings) â€" everything is okay.  :shocked:
I don't know, what it is, but my laptop is going to die shortly anyway.  :cry:

I am confused now, but that's my “normal status” most of the time.  :undecided:   
So if noone else has this â€" please forget about my post.
SORRY!  :kiss:

Khris

Two very small issues:
If you hover over the email icons beneath the avatar, the tooltip still says "Array[email address]".

The signature in the profile has the same max height as the one beneath each post, but it also says "Signature:" at the top and thus more is cut off (which is inconvenient for preview purposes while editing it).

cat

Somehow there Mittens titles are mixed up, as in this thread for example http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=46238.0 but only in later posts, not at the beginning.

Ryan Timothy B

Could you make the board search options expand when you uncheck the Check all box? It doesn't make any sense to have it uncheck and have it stay collapsed (searching through zero boards).

steptoe

Hi

I don't know if its been mentioned but the Top Forum link goes to home page, should it not go to forums?
It's not over until the fat lady sings..

AGA

Sorry, what does "Top Forum link" mean?  I can't see any incorrect links on the forums...

JJS

Something is going wrong with user titles, but it doesn't happen in all threads. Look here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=46040.msg628828#msg628828 for an example. There are additional titles compared to this post that don't belong there.

AGA

Yeah, I've known about it for months.  Started happening when the new "AGS Project Admins" title was added.  I've tried to fix it, but can't find the time / inclination to properly track down what's causing it.

Frodo

Quote from: LTGiants2000 on Fri 06/07/2012 19:56:19
Hey guys, the past week or so it seems like email alerts have stopped coming for threads I was previously receiving them. Any tips? It is an AOL address but I checked SPAM and nothing....

Email alerts have stopped coming for PMs now, as well.  I noticed this yesterday.   :sad:

AGA

That has been the case since we moved to the new server a few weeks.  Waiting for CJ to come and sort out the SMTP server.

Crimson Wizard

I just noticed, is this ok that locked threads are positioned not in the order of the last post's date, but beyond all the non-locked threads?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk