*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Mouth for war

Damn! 1 month has passed almost and no single guess :P It's a parody and it goes by 2 different names :D
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

milkanannan

How about another screenshot?

Mouth for war

milkanannan

Oh that’s Dont be a menace to society while drinking your juice in the hood. That’s actually a really funny movie!

Mouth for war

Yes It's awesome. It's not the exact title but I'll allow it :D "Don't be a menace to south central while drinking your juice in the hood" it's also known as Ghettoblaster. You're up

milkanannan

Oh right - I think I got it mixed up with some of the movies it parodies, i.e. Menace to Society. Well done on the truly random movie choice! (laugh)

OK I saw this recently for the first time (and then had to rewatch it and parts of it over and over):

Mandle

milkanannan

milkanannan

I don’t want to hold the thread up. It’s a Soviet WW2 film. I’ll share the answer if no one recognises this scene:

Snarky

milkanannan

Hmm looks like my most recent screenshots aren’t loading. Here they are again:

milkanannan

Quote from: Snarky on Mon 05/09/2022 08:06:03
Come and See

Yes! Great movie. Your go.

Edit: By the way, the whole film is on YouTube if anyone's interested.

Snarky

I haven't seen it, but recognized the face of that boy (and the soldier on the left) from stills.

Here's one everybody should have a chance to work out (eventually), even if you haven't seen the film:

Galen

Really though that was Memories of Murder for a hot second even though I couldn't remember that shot at all.

Snarky

No, but you're on the right continent:

Pretty big hint in this picture…

Mandle

Snarky

Cassiebsg

Oh, haven't seen it, and didn't even knew there was "a" movie about the story (I found 2 movies actually).
After watching both trailers, I'll go with Thirteen Lives.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Snarky

You're right! The Rescue is a documentary, while Thirteen Lives is the fictionalized film with Viggo Mortensen. And they're about the rescue of the kids and coach stuck in the flooded cave in Thailand, of course.

(I figured the air tanks in the second photo and the "iDive" shirt in the third would get someone on the right track.)

Mandle

Quote from: Snarky on Sun 11/09/2022 06:22:35
You're right! The Rescue is a documentary, while Thirteen Lives is the fictionalized film with Viggo Mortensen. And they're about the rescue of the kids and coach stuck in the flooded cave in Thailand, of course.

(I figured the air tanks in the second photo and the "iDive" shirt in the third would get someone on the right track.)

Apparently the actors in the film told Ron Howard that, after intensive training with the equipment, they wanted to do all the diving themselves without any stuntmen. Ron Howard told them that would be impossible. So they hounded him until he finally just let them.
They probably already knew the story about his father actually riding his horse in the land-race scene in Far and Away. Another great story that is worth looking up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk