*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Mandle

I have no idea what the movie is but I'm gonna keep watching the thread because now I really want to see it!

Jack

The supporting cast is like a short list of all my favourite B-movie actors.

Jack

Damn, I was sure more people had seen this than the last film I posted.

Kumpel

pictures of your freezer content won't help us! (wtf)

Ben X

I'd never heard of it, but the film is Paranoia: 1.0 (originally One Point O, also known as 1.0, One Point Zero, Version 1.0, and Virus 1.0).

Here's one those last shots reminded me of:

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/YplA0nz.png?1[/imgzoom]

Jack

Correct!

And thanks for pointing me to Upstream Colour :) I really liked it.

BTW if anyone finds the 16:9 version of One Point O, please let me know.

EDIT: Bedazzled?

Ben X

In case anyone hadn't twigged, the reason I was reminded of this film is that it also has products with very basic descriptive labels.

Here's another pic anyway:

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/bqccnuK.png[/imgzoom]

Ponch

Ben X

Ponch makes his triumphant return and gets it first time!

Mandle

OMG! I just realised that Repo Man with its

Spoiler

car that when you open the trunk you get disintegrated
[close]

is very likely where Stephen King ripped off the story for "From A Buick 8" from... 8-0

Ben X

He also said in On Writing that he got the idea from wandering around the back of a service station in the middle of nowhere and almost slipping into a stream. It occurred to him that he would have got carried away and no one would have looked for him for a fair while, his car sitting there unattended. And this led to From A Buick 8, apparently. But yeah, I bet Repo Man filtered in too, especially as King had already directed Emilio Estevez in another vehicle-related movie!

Mandle

Quote from: Ben X on Sun 20/12/2015 09:51:17
He also said in On Writing that he got the idea from wandering around the back of a service station in the middle of nowhere and almost slipping into a stream. It occurred to him that he would have got carried away and no one would have looked for him for a fair while, his car sitting there unattended. And this led to From A Buick 8, apparently. But yeah, I bet Repo Man filtered in too, especially as King had already directed Emilio Estevez in another vehicle-related movie!

I knew the first bit, but never considered the second connection with "Maximum Overdrive" there...I still have a stalled Stephen King game in the works from that MAGS and this is great joke fuel...YOINK!

Gilbert

Piranha: Land Conquerors :grin:

Ponch

Mandle

Caravan Of Carnage: Dewbacks vs. Ewoks?

Gribbler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk