*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Danvzare

Because no one's made a guess in such a long while, here's another screenshot, and hint.

This film was released in the mid eighties.

Ben X

Looks like a slasher, maybe a Jason. I'm going to go for F13 Pt 6: Jason Lives.

Danvzare

Yep, you got. Brilliant film. :-D
What gave it away?

Ben X

Well, that's obviously a slasher film in the last pic, and mid-eighties plus his build led to the obvious guess of a Jason film. It looks too modern for 3, 4 had cabins not trailers and 5 ***SPOILERS*** didn't have Jason in, so I went for 6 although I don't think I've seen it!

EDIT: I just checked and realised that unless I'm getting muddled I did watch bits of 6 recently but I must have skipped a whole lot of it.

It might take me up to 24 hours to put up another film, hope that's okay...

Ben X

Right here's one, with quite a strong link to the previous one:

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/EuiEL7n.png[/imgzoom]

Jack

Ben X

No, good guess with the security guard and 90s decor though!

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/O148Rtu.png[/imgzoom]

Danvzare

Amayirot Akago

That last shot looks good enough to be from an obscure FMV game :P
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Ben X

Sorry for the low quality - I may have to torrent the film to get better shots! But no, it's a proper movie and it's not Police Academy. Hint: both the actors shown so far are more recognisable in certain make-up/costume.

Ponch

Hmmm. Robert Englund... Low production values... I'm going into the deep, dusty corners of my youth... Is that Strangelands?

Ben X

Don't get distracted by the picture quality - that's just because I had to pull it from a crappy YouTube video. So no, not Strangelands, but that is Robert Englund.

Danvzare

Wes Craven's New Nightmare?

Ben X

No, though Wes Craven was involved.

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/hG5ojIw.png[/imgzoom]

EDIT: oh, the indirect link to the previous film is only evident in the first pic.

Amayirot Akago

Ooh, Wes Craven... is it Wishmaster?
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Ben X

Correct! And the actors in the three pics above are Jason, Freddy and Candyman!

Amayirot Akago

Yeah :) I remember reading about this movie a long time ago and somehow it just stuck. Will find a good movie screen soon.

Amayirot Akago

Well, feast your eyes on this one.

Danvzare

Where The Wild Things Are?

Amayirot Akago

No, but this is an adaptation as well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk