selmiak

Soapy, I dripped the Honey? (nod)

SinSin

Leeches (a terrible movie)
Currently working on a project!

Darth Mandarb

Negative, all!

Here is another shot:

(next one will be a little easier, less vague)

Jack

I believe this is Once Bitten, another Karen Hopkins film.

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: Jack on Tue 02/08/2016 22:57:45I believe this is Once Bitten, another Karen Hopkins film.

You are correct sir!

Well, about it being Once Bitten (1985) at least... but her name is Karen Kopins ;) and I admit I was obsessed with her back in the day (nod)

This was also the movie that introduced me to Jim Carrey and I remember thinking, "this guy is a terrible actor... he'll never make it big".

Little did I know what the 90s would be like...

jwalt

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Wed 03/08/2016 12:44:34

You are correct sir!

Well, about it being Once Bitten (1985) at least... but her name is Karen Kopins ;) and I admit I was obsessed with her back in the day (nod)

This was also the movie that introduced me to Jim Carrey and I remember thinking, "this guy is a terrible actor... he'll never make it big".

Little did I know what the 90s would be like...

Made me think of Tom Hanks and Bosom Buddies. Better actor, but similar trajectory.

Mandle

The Truman Show was pretty damn good though...And I cannot picture anyone else in the main role...

Also: nobody can act a man being born out of the rear-end of a Rhino quite like the Carrey:

Spoiler

[close]

Darth Mandarb

I think Jim Carrey is actually a very talented actor (now). He was amazing in Man in the Moon (1999), The Truman Show (1998), Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004).

Back in 1985 I just didn't see it from his performance in Once Bitten.

Danvzare

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Wed 03/08/2016 16:31:40
I think Jim Carrey is actually a very talented actor (now). He was amazing in Man in the Moon (1999), The Truman Show (1998), Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004).

Back in 1985 I just didn't see it from his performance in Once Bitten.
I personally wouldn't call him a very good actor. He has the exact same personality in all of his films.
That being said, I rather like quite a few of his films, and couldn't imagine anyone else playing those roles. I still wouldn't call him a good actor though.

Jack

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Wed 03/08/2016 12:44:34

Ah, yes. I saw this after seeing Jake Speed (which was a very unique film, btw). She's quite nice indeed. I would have liked to see more of her over the years. She totally nails that 80s leading lady look too.

Quote from: Danvzare on Wed 03/08/2016 18:10:54
I personally wouldn't call him a very good actor. He has the exact same personality in all of his films.

This may have been true once, but hasn't been true for a long time. I was personally very impressed with this role in Eternal Sunshine when I saw it first.

And I doubt many people could crack me up like this with just an expression:

Anyway, on to the film:

[imgzoom]http://techtroupe.net/posted/agsForum_movieTitle_45.jpg[/imgzoom]

Mandle

Danvzare

Dumb and Dumber To?
Oh wait, wrong screenshot.
Dumb and Dumber? (laugh)

Mandle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk