*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Quintaros

Haven't seen this one but learning that it's "found footage" I'll probably continue to stay away.

I actually won't have a chance to post for a few days so if Amayirot wants the honour, it's his.

Danvzare

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Thu 05/01/2017 14:49:35
If they would have avoided this horrible trend of "found footage" movies I think it would be even better /rant
I've never liked found footage films. Never have done, and never will do.
There probably is (or at least will be) one decent found footage film out there. Because let's face it, there's always that one exception.
But even then I will continue my passionate dislike of that sorry excuse of a genre. I'm just grateful that the hype surrounding the genre has finally died.

Quintaros

Quote from: Danvzare on Thu 05/01/2017 15:50:00
There probably is (or at least will be) one decent found footage film out there.

"Chronicle" is the only found footage film I've seen that I would recommend.  Its camera work is actually pretty steady due to a plot conceit though it does fall apart a little for the climax.

Amayirot Akago

Very kind of you, Quintaros :D Good thing I came prepared.

Here's a fantastic animated movie I discovered only recently that didn't nearly get enough love. Fire away.
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

selmiak

the lord of the rings, the found footage edition. or that russion version?

Mandle

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Thu 05/01/2017 14:49:35
Quote from: Quintaros on Thu 05/01/2017 14:00:19Into the Storm.

And we have a winner!

A surprisingly entertaining movie with great special effects.

If they would have avoided this horrible trend of "found footage" movies I think it would be even better /rant

On to the next!

Is that the one with Echo, the little alien guy? Kinda like a cross between The Goonies and E.T? Because that would have been my guess except it was called "Echo To Earth" here in Japan. Well...if it was the same movie that is.

Mandle

Amayirot Akago

Nope. This is a French movie.
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Mandle

I don't know what it is but I'm very curious to find out. It looks beautiful... Just look at that design work on the buildings!

I want to see this!

Amayirot Akago

If it's any help, it came out in 2015.

Kumpel

Song of the Sea! Awww how nice to see this here :)
And it came out in 2014 :P

Next:
Hidden due to its hugeness
Spoiler
[close]

Snarky

I thought Song of the Sea was Irish? Isn't it the same studio that did Secret of Kells?

It actually came to mind, but when I google-imaged it the art style didn't seem to match. Guess I should have guessed it anyway!

Amayirot Akago

It's not Song of the Sea, I'm sorry to say. First letter is a D.

Danvzare

I always thought someone would get something wrong but thing they got it right. I'm glad I finally saw it. (laugh)

Is it Dofus - Livre 1: Julith?

Amayirot Akago

Danvzare finally got it :D Well done. Beautiful, funny, and engrossing film that I recommend everybody go see ;)

Kumpel

I am stunned, there already is a movie based on that popular mmorpg :O
And it looks pretty fantastic! Is this the first good game adaption IN YEARS? :D

Quote from: Danvzare on Sat 07/01/2017 19:46:04
I always thought someone would get something wrong but thing they got it right. I'm glad I finally saw it. (laugh)

Yeah. And it had to be me... :-[

Your turn danzvazare ;)

Danvzare

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Sat 07/01/2017 19:59:55
Danvzare finally got it :D Well done. Beautiful, funny, and engrossing film that I recommend everybody go see ;)
Well with all the hints you gave, it wasn't hard to find. :-D
Surprisingly I couldn't find it listed under the list of French films released in 2015 on Wikipedia.

[imgzoom]http://orig09.deviantart.net/f1f7/f/2017/007/3/d/guess_the_movie_title_screenshot_09_by_danvzare-daukv4a.png[/imgzoom]
Let's see how many screenshots I need to post for this one before someone gets it.

Amayirot Akago

I had no idea Dofus was based on an MMO of all things :shocked: I was just told by a friend to go see it and found myself pleasantly surprised.

As for this new screenie, hmmm. Looks oddly like a video game cutscene. Given the presence of a guy (dog?) in geta sandals and a tentacle monster tho, I'm guessing it's Japanese :=

Danvzare

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Sun 08/01/2017 07:44:06
As for this new screenie, hmmm. Looks oddly like a video game cutscene. Given the presence of a guy (dog?) in geta sandals and a tentacle monster tho, I'm guessing it's Japanese :=
I'm going to need a name, not just a description. (laugh)
But you are spot on. ;)

Danvzare

Alright, it seems as though you guys need a hint.
Because I think any more screenshots would give this film away instantly, I'll instead give a different type of hint.
This film was released in 2016, and is a part of a very popular and long running franchise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk