*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Mandarb

In an effort to stop the crickets chirping...

Mandle

The Silence Of The Crickets?

selmiak

Darth Mandarb

Snarky

One day soon, image recognition will be good enough that you can do a Google Image Search for "Ray Wise in sixpence hat" and instantly find matching screenshots. Today is not that day.

It's The Journey of Natty Gann, though.

Darth Mandarb

It is indeed! Loved that movie when I was a kid. From the greatest year of movies in  Hollywood history, 1985.

Snarky

Sorry for the crappy quality. Once again a movie I recently watched on streaming is no longer available:

Darth Mandarb

I don't immediately recognize the movie... but I think that's Michael Berryman?

Weird Science?

My Science Project?

Both "science" titled movies from [the greatest year in Hollywood history] 1985 (nod)

Snarky

All wide of the mark so far, including "Hollywood" (as I think this next one gives away).

Snarky

I don't expect this to actually be very helpful, but it showed up among the screencaps I took and it looks spooky enough that I want to share it:

Snarky

No one wants to give it a shot? Let's make it a bit easier, then:

HanaIndiana

I really don't know hmm.  It does look like Berryman in that one screenshot, but I don't know.
The Exorcist?

Snarky

No, not Berryman or The Exorcist. One of these shots is of a famous actor, who should be recognizable if you look close.

Quintaros

Is that William Peterson? To Live and Die in LA?  Manhunter?

Snarky

Snarky

That's the one, with a young Michael Caine (whom I thought for sure someone would recognize in that close-up, even sweaty and unshaven) in one of his signature roles: he has played Harry Palmer in six movies and one unofficial sequel, not to mention spoofs in Austin Powers and Kingsman.

Ben X

I did not recognise Caine at all until that last pic! In the beardy sweaty one, the closest guess I could make was Ryan Gosling!

Here's the next one, with a link to the previous:

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/pfaiaYL.png[/imgzoom]

Quintaros

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?

Ben X

That's the one! Ian McDiarmid making the most of one of his few lines, there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk