*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben X

Quote from: Quintaros on Wed 01/11/2017 13:55:43
Darth described the scene exactly right.  It's not Logan's Run but another SciFi film of the same era.

My immediate guess from this clue was Fahrenheit 451, but I feel like we've had that recently too and it didn't feel right so I discounted it. I made a second guess of Rollerball, and did a search for "Rollerball tree burn" which confirmed it. (I haven't seen that movie in about ten years, so I don't remember either of these scenes, but I did love it.)

Quintaros

The tree burn scene is a little heavy handed showing the decadent lifestyle of the rich,  senselessly firing flare guns at trees.  The other image is a computer depository of knowledge.  I always thought that as far as older films go at depicting futuristic super computers this one was pretty interesting.

Ben X

Here's another vision of the future for you:

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/fp1SpeK.png[/imgzoom]

Darth Mandarb

I want to say Back to the Future 2... but isn't that the past now? :D

Ben X

Well, I meant a vision of the future from the film-makers' perspective, but this future is indeed post-2017. So no, not BTFF 2.

(I just checked when Rollerball is set - it's 2018! Almost there! I wouldn't be surprised if Trump instituted an ultra-violent national propaganda-sport tbh.)

Click'd

Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey. And since I'm not into obscure movies someone else take my turn, please.

Ben X

Correct. Are you saying that this is an obscure movie, though? Did you have to image search it?

Click'd

Not obscure for me, this one. Last time I watched it was two months ago. In this picture you can see the early 90's aesthetics of the second movie with its neon-ish coloured clothes.

Ben X

Okay. I find your comment a bit confusing, then. I don't think it's a rule on this thread to pick obscure movies...

Click'd

It's not? Maybe I just don't know enough stuff. As I said, someone take my turn, please.

Ben X

Nope, it's not (although some people do play as if it is). And it's been less than an hour, give us a chance!

Alright, I'll take your go:

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/atKjUKy.jpg[/imgzoom]

Darth Mandarb

Harry Potter and the Lord of the Rings?

Ben X

No, but it was released almost exactly at the halfway point between the first books of those two series.

milkanannan

Jack

That's no poodle.

It's a new hope.

Or Logan's Run.

Ben X

It certainly was a new hope for blockbuster sci-fi cinema, but it's not Three Men And A Poodle or Logan's Run.

milkanannan

Jack, we're still trying to piece together the earlier pic.

Jack

Quote from: manifest class on Wed 01/11/2017 17:08:40
Jack, we're still trying to piece together the earlier pic.

I think it might be Logan's Run.

Ben X

It is not Logan's Run, as I've already said. No one's ever going to get it if they don't pay close attention!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk