*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

SharpLight

Quote from: Eric on Thu 16/08/2012 06:12:56
I think Ponch meant one of the 60s Helms films -- The Silencers, Murderer's Row, The Wrecking Crew, The Ambushers. They were light comedies. The new Helm film will hopefully draw more from the Hamilton source material, which was dark and brilliant.

I'm guessing it's probably not, but is this Banco à Bangkok pour OSS 117?

I know about the Dean Martin movies, but as you show none were called Matt Helm, only the tv show had that title. There isn't a "Our Man Flynn" movie either!

Your guess is wrong, look at the picture: who are those two in the middle? Very known actors, one of them was in a box office number one this summer.

Ponch

SharpLight

Quote from: Ponch on Thu 16/08/2012 16:45:49
Our Man Flint?

NO! You misunderstood my comment and ignored the big hint. Here is another hint: the movie came out the same year as Our Man Flint.

Eric

Michael Caine's telltale curls get lost in the banner behind him, and this profile makes him look more like Richard Dreyfuss, but this is probably Gambit, huh?

SharpLight

Quote from: Eric on Thu 16/08/2012 18:45:48
Michael Caine's telltale curls get lost in the banner behind him, and this profile makes him look more like Richard Dreyfuss, but this is probably Gambit, huh?

Correct, your turn.

Eric

SharpLight

An American in Paris (1951)

Eric

Snarky

SharpLight

Quote from: Snarky on Thu 16/08/2012 22:54:57
The Machinist?

No, but it has a similar story.

Snarky

Allmovie.com says that The Jacket is similar to The Machinist* (I don't see it, myself), and I guess that could be Adrian Brody, so... ?

* It also lists the movie's themes as: Haunted By the Past, Mind Games, Prostitutes. Umm, fair enough, I guess.

SharpLight

Quote from: Snarky on Thu 16/08/2012 23:24:36
Allmovie.com says that The Jacket is similar to The Machinist* (I don't see it, myself), and I guess that could be Adrian Brody, so... ?

* It also lists the movie's themes as: Haunted By the Past, Mind Games, Prostitutes. Umm, fair enough, I guess.

Not The Jacket, that movie is similar in tone and style to The Machinist, this movie is only similar in its story.

Ponch

Easy there, ig299. We haven't guessed the last movie yet. Two movie clues at once is too much for the average AGSers fragile brain.  :wink:

ig299

That's ok take your time.

Eric

Well, unless someone else used the footage, I'm pretty sure that's Sam Neill in the underrated Omen III, but now that we have an unofficial branch, I'm not sure what to do. Ball's still in Aqala's court, I believe.

ig299

And you are right it is omen 3.

Snarky

Quote from: Aqala on Thu 16/08/2012 21:53:13

I don't know, Aqala. A movie that is like The Machinist plot-wise, but not in tone? So it's something like the story of a guy with chronic insomnia who becomes sickeningly emaciated and starts having hallucinations and making dangerous mistakes at his job, but... upbeat? As a comedy?

All right, just to have another guess: Vanilla Sky?

Or wait, maybe The Number 23? I think I heard that has a slightly similar paranoia plot.

SharpLight

Quote from: Snarky on Wed 22/08/2012 21:38:40
I don't know, Aqala. A movie that is like The Machinist plot-wise, but not in tone? So it's something like the story of a guy with chronic insomnia who becomes sickeningly emaciated and starts having hallucinations and making dangerous mistakes at his job, but... upbeat? As a comedy?

All right, just to have another guess: Vanilla Sky?

Or wait, maybe The Number 23? I think I heard that has a slightly similar paranoia plot.

If you want a hint all you have to do is ask: The story of this film is "pregnant woman loses her child in a hit and run accident. finds an unlikely protector who is not quite the angel he seems" and if you just take a good look at the hair (and the unusually wide door) you should recognize the actor.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk