*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

miguel

Working on a RON game!!!!!

Kasander

That dirty gun-flashing sheriff looks a bit McQueenish.
A hell of a ride, you say? 'Donkey and the Sheriff Bandit' (1977)?

Tramponline

Nah, but couple that with "Days of Donkey" (1990) (...you know, the one starring that cheesy grinning, scientopathological sideshow freak :wink:)

...to be fair, you're kind of on the right track, Kasander. :smiley:

Kasander

This can't be Donkeyheart with Val Donkeylmer (1992), can it?

Tramponline

A great donkeythrilling movie. But alas, no...

Though, the timeframe of Thunderheart's setting is very, very close to the release date of the movie in question.

Eric

I was always a little disappointed with Modesty Blaise, especially compared to the high quality of the comic strip. I like Dirk Bogarde though. His best 60s spy film is "Hot Enough For June?" (I'm biased in favor of any movie starring Sylva Koscina though).

My guess: Junior Bonner?

Tramponline

Getting even closer in terms of timeframe.

Even though it's hilarious :cheesy:, don't get too hung up on the whole horsy business AND
that guy in the pic is NOT the protagonist. (You'd probably know him - too easy :tongue:).

edit: ..also, to say that this movie has groove, is an understatement. This movie IS groove,
visually, musically & the feeling it evokes, while watching.

Kasander

Quote from: Eric on Thu 21/03/2013 14:31:41
I was always a little disappointed with Modesty Blaise, especially compared to the high quality of the comic strip. I like Dirk Bogarde though. His best 60s spy film is "Hot Enough For June?" (I'm biased in favor of any movie starring Sylva Koscina though).

My guess: Junior Bonner?

Yeah, I guess the strip deserves better. But I gotta admit I treasure all its innocennce, the campiness, Bogarde (liked him a lot in Visconti's films;)) and I'm very sentimental about Monica Vitti (not to mention her unbelievable anti-English accent) :D Such an iconic British heroine played by Italian actress. Can't imagine this happening now. Crazy times, the sixties, wonderful times. Especially for the culture:) 
I haven't seen this new Modesty movie from 2003 but well... the trailer was enough for me.
Gotta bookmark that Bogarde movie you suggest.

Hmmm... Speaking of Monica Vitti films and directors...
Could this be some obscure shot from Zabriskie Donk by Michelangelo Donkeyoni?

Eric

That new Modesty film is bad, really bad.

Sugarland Express?

Tramponline

Now, that's a line of thought that's definitely worth pursuing!

Up to a certain extend very much in spirit of Sugarland E., but lesser known and lesser pretentious! (...and simply better. :tongue:)

The protagonist has a very common Polish (last) name and, apart from one or two exceptions, is always addressed by this last name.

Ponch

Haulin' Ass: The Real Life Stories of Donkey Smuggling?

Eric

Not Badlands, then. That was my next guess. Hm....

Ponch

Kasander

Quote from: Tramponline on Thu 21/03/2013 16:16:20
The protagonist has a very common Polish (last) name and, apart from one or two exceptions, is always addressed by this last name.

Ah-ha! Donkeywalski is the most common Polish name... So this must be Vanishing Point?

Tramponline

:cheesy: And 'Vanishing Point' it is, Kasander. Take it away, sir!

If anyone would've told me a few years ago, that one day I'd be spellbound by a movie about a
guy driving a CAR from A to B (!?), I'd have, quite fankly, laughed in their faces!

Kasander

Took me a while to find  it :) This may be slightly more difficult... Or not. Let's see.

Tramponline

Well, it does look like the love child of "Clockwork Orange" and "Stalker"... :tongue:

Is it perhaps of Indian origin?

Kasander

You're close, Trampoline:) And I know you know who the father is.

EDIT - Oh, and it's not Indian.

miguel

Portuguese Kamasutra - The Solo Moves
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Kasander

Well, the protagonist of this movie is certainly 'imagining things'. And these 'things' (curvaceous, blonde things) are doing things to him.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk