*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

Argh! I misread and for some reason thought Ilyich had already answered. Sorry! I'm away from my movie collection right now, so here's one from the internet. No cheating:

Stupot

My immediate reaction Inglorious Basterds, but I don't recognise the scene and the set looks very dated.

Anian

Quote from: Eric on Tue 02/04/2013 17:31:31
I don't think it's that obscure for those who appreciate animation, of which I'd guess there are many on this board. Not available on Netflix, Ponch, but there's an English version available in chunks on YouTube.
That story ha a certain Samurai Jack feel to it. With the evil sorceress, robots, oppressed villagers etc.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Ponch

Quote from: Eric on Tue 02/04/2013 17:31:31
I don't think it's that obscure for those who appreciate animation, of which I'd guess there are many on this board. Not available on Netflix, Ponch, but there's an English version available in chunks on YouTube.
English subtitles? Are you suggesting, sir, that as an American I don't speak none of them furriner words? Tu ne crois pas si bien dire !

Actually, now that I've seen the link, I remember hearing about this movie years ago. But I guess I never got around to seeing it. But now I can watch it when I get home tonight. Quel pot !  :cheesy:

As for the new clue... Where Eagles Dare? Kelly's Heroes? Picasso Trigger?

Anian

Quote from: Ponch on Tue 02/04/2013 18:58:00
Think 80s.

Ponch

Quote from: Anian on Tue 02/04/2013 19:00:16
Quote from: Ponch on Tue 02/04/2013 18:58:00
Think 80s.
Picasso Trigger came out in the 80s.  :=

[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/0KGPJXT_LpE[/embed]
See?

How about Firefox? Born American? Porky's II?

Eric

It is none of these, but I pledge to seek out a copy of Picasso Trigger to watch soon.

Ponch

Quote from: Eric on Tue 02/04/2013 19:22:49
I pledge to seek out a copy of Picasso Trigger to watch soon.
You will not regret it! (Unless you do) :cool:

Also: The Bunker?

Eric

Not The Bunker! Indeed: Never The Bunker.

Ponch

Quote from: Eric on Tue 02/04/2013 20:45:16
Not The Bunker! Indeed: Never The Bunker.
Das Bunker Boot? Der Blade Runner?

miguel

Working on a RON game!!!!!

Eric

Willem is very upset that you guys haven't guessed his movie yet.

Crimson Wizard

Found it by Wikipedia, so that probably doesn't count :) (and I never watched it).

Anian

I know this movie, but I'm kind of puzzled, because when I posted an image from it here, it was guessed rather fast.

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Wed 03/04/2013 14:07:59
Found it by Wikipedia, so that probably doesn't count :) (and I never watched it).
Shame on you.

Eric

Haha. Maybe it was guessed by me? I don't remember seeing it before in the thread. Sorry for the repeat!

Here's another hint: The director of this movie is best known for his westerns, and also for his movies that are pretty much westerns, but set in other times/places. If you guys don't guess it by then, I will give you another hint about this director's other well-known movie in two days.

Ponch

Quote from: Anian on Wed 03/04/2013 14:40:31
I know this movie, but I'm kind of puzzled, because when I posted an image from it here, it was guessed rather fast.
I'm pretty sure it was me that guessed it last time. It's one of my favorite movies and one of the greatest soundtracks ever recorded. But I just had a turn...  :cry:

Eric

Then guess it and take another turn!

cat

Yeah, the name of the game is "Guess the movie title" and not "Make obscure innuendos but refuse to say the name".

Ponch

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk