*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Snarky

Because they're goofing around.

Since I guess no one has been able to spot it yet, they're in a sleeping compartment on a train. The guys in the previous image (later in the film) are murder police. If you've heard of the film, that should be enough to get it, but here's another shot anyway:

Edit: Made the hint even more obvious. If I now say that it was the first film by a famous Greek-born director, maybe someone will get it? Or be able to Google it?

Snarky

Well, it's been two days. If this isn't enough for someone to guess it, I seriously have to wonder...

Spoiler
[close]

Ben X

Is it Compartiment Tueurs? (Which I guess translates roughly as Compartment Killers.)

Snarky

Thank you!  (nod)

The English title is The Sleeping Car Murders, but I think it's mostly known by its original title.

Ben X

Well, that's certainly what I know it by.

Ben X

Not sure how easy this one is (assuming no one cheats - it's impossible to Google-proof these things). Bit of a tenuous link to the previous one:

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/IWSaY3c.png[/imgzoom]

Ben X

No one? The quality's a little rough, it's a tennis match where everyone is following the ball left and right except one guy who's staring directly at the protagonist...

Eric

Strangers on a Train?

EDIT: That must be right. I missed the part about there being a connection with the previous film. I'll await verification, but have a screenshot all queued up!

Eric

Pretty clear connection between this film and the last one.

Ben X

Hmmm, I'll guess the connection is Hitchcock and as I don't recognise the film I'll go forrrrrr Family Plot. Was that even b&w?

Ilyich

Wait, isn't this from "The Big Sleep"? And the connection is Ben Raymond Chandler, then?

Eric

Ilyich is correct! This is the Big Sleep, based on the book by Raymond Chandler, who wrote a draft of Strangers on the Train and had famous battles with Hitchcock.

Ilyich

Okay, here we go! No connection to the previous screen intended, although it's clearly there. :)

selmiak

never seen this scene in the film, but something makes me think fight club...

Ponch

Chariots Of Fire II: The Elderly Years?
Blade Wheel Runner?

miguel

Working on a RON game!!!!!

Ponch

Quote from: miguel on Tue 23/07/2013 00:53:18
Tron?
If there were light cycle beams coming off that wheelchair, then it would be the greatest movie of all time! ;-D

Ilyich

None of the above. And no, sadly, there are no light cycle beams in this movie. I wish there were now. :)

Here's another screen:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk