*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

Still no correct answers. That's a very, very well known actor on the left.

Gribbler

miguel

Who Shot Liberty Valence?
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Eric

Tom Doniphon (John Wayne) did! Still no correct guesses! You guys are getting colder.

Ilyich

I think that back of the head belongs to Cary Grant and his amazing helmet hair, but apart from that I have no ideas. :)

Eric

If only Ilyich and bbx could join forces! I'm on the road currently, but will post a more revealing shot tomorrow if no one gets it.

miguel

Johnny Bravo Always Rings Twice?

Ben X

Bringing Up Baby?

I forgot it was a cowboy film.

Hmmm, a Howard Hawks Cary Grant cowboy film. SOMEONE must know this! I don't know westerns.

Eric

Is it a cowboy film? I never said it was!

I forgot I wouldn't have a copy of this film with which to make new screenshots. Luckily, the internet is here. This is probably the most famous scene in the movie in question:

selmiak

the deer hunter... runner.

Ponch

Barn Hunter! :cheesy:

Only Angels Have Wings?

miguel

How The West Was Won With Red Chequered Pizza Towels?

Eric

Quote from: Ponch on Wed 31/07/2013 04:08:56
Only Angels Have Wings?

...A movie which is not about cowboys, but about airplane pilots in South America!

Ben X

Quote from: Eric on Wed 31/07/2013 16:21:02
Quote from: Ponch on Wed 31/07/2013 04:08:56
Only Angels Have Wings?

...A movie which is not about cowboys, but about airplane pilots in South America!

Never heard of it! So, Ponch's go?

PS - those are goddamn cowboys, Hawks is an idiot.

Eric

You should seek it out, sir. It's an amazing movie, and sets the formula for the remainder of Hawks' career. And, perhaps, in a sense, these guys are cowboys, and this is a bit of a western. But not really.

Ponch

Only Angels Have Wings was the inspiration for one of my favorite TV shows, Tales of the Gold Monkey. For some reason I didn't recognize it until you posted that last shot. And Howard Hawks loved cowboys so much, he stuck them in almost every movie he did. Much like John Carpenter, a big fan of Hawks, tends to do.

Anyhoo, here's a cap from a movie I watched just last weekend. :smiley:

selmiak

The Fifth Element tinfoilhat edition

Eric

Quote from: Ponch on Wed 31/07/2013 20:21:02
Only Angels Have Wings was the inspiration for one of my favorite TV shows, Tales of the Gold Monkey. For some reason I didn't recognize it until you posted that last shot. And Howard Hawks loved cowboys so much, he stuck them in almost every movie he did. Much like John Carpenter, a big fan of Hawks, tends to do.

I almost cited Carpenter when talking about westerns that weren't westerns! Assault on Precinct 13 is pretty much Rio Bravo. Also, I too am a big fan of Tales of the Gold Monkey, and the show that later paid homage to it, Tale Spin!

Gribbler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk