*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

No connection here between this one and the last, that I know of:

LUniqueDan

I soo know it, but I just had a turn.
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

cat

The Twelve Tasks of Asterix (Les Douze travaux d'Astérix)

miguel

The Sword In The Stone?

Spoiler
QuoteHey guys, if we post movie posters instead, we can be a lot faster :=  ,by LUniqueDan
The beauty of posting movie posters would be that we'd all see some art in this thread. 80% of the posts here are ugly, obscure representations of great movies that can only refrain people from watching them. I know this is a competition but some shots are just hilariously difficult, like we're in a restrict movie club of 4 or 5 friends. Next time I'll post a Portuguese movie shot and I'll win this competition forever...
There's no shame in celebrating movies in all their glory, it's easy for some of us but I'm pretty sure that among 7000 members we could have more people joining here if we weren't instead being pretentious about showing rare Godard long lost shots...
[close]
Working on a RON game!!!!!

CaptainD

It does look very much like Getafix, but I'm not sure which of the movies it's from.

Eric

Quote from: cat on Fri 20/09/2013 08:24:36
The Twelve Tasks of Asterix (Les Douze travaux d'Astérix)

Indeed! This isn't Getafix, but rather a druid who lives at the top of a mountain and asks the unanswerable question.

miguel

What if the skies fall over our heads?

Ben X

Quote from: miguel on Fri 20/09/2013 10:38:00
I'm pretty sure that among 7000 members we could have more people joining here if we weren't instead being pretentious about showing rare Godard long lost shots...

I wouldn't call Scrooged, Batman: The Movie, Once Upon A Time In The West or The Twelve Tasks Of Asterix obscure! Maybe once the right guess is made, a nicer screenshot plus imdb link could be posted?

cat

In some way kind of related to the previous movie.

Ponch

Quote from: Eric on Fri 20/09/2013 13:59:16
a druid who lives at the top of a mountain and asks the unanswerable question.
Is the answer 42?

Also: I have no idea what movie Cat has posted, but I want to live in that room for the rest of my life! :cheesy:

Ben X

Quote from: cat on Fri 20/09/2013 17:57:39
In some way kind of related to the previous movie.

Is it French?

Eric

miguel

Abisso

Welcome back to the age of the great guilds.

cat

Abisso

Quote from: Abisso on Sat 21/09/2013 01:37:46
It's Superman!

Oh my, I'm so stressed these days. Actually, after my lousy joke I meant to wrote what I'm mostly sure is the correct answer: Serial Lover. Not 100% sure, but 99% yes.

And I though I had written it! Also, it seems I missed the line "Is it a bird?" from the previous quotation.

What about this one?

Crimson Wizard

I think this is "Gongdong gyeongbi guyeok JSA" aka "J.S.A.: Joint Security Area".

Abisso

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sat 21/09/2013 15:47:13
I think this is "Gongdong gyeongbi guyeok JSA" aka "J.S.A.: Joint Security Area".

Wow, that was fast. I took the screenshot by myself and I believe it summarizes the movie very well, but still... I'm impressed!

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Abisso on Sat 21/09/2013 15:53:11
Wow, that was fast. I took the screenshot by myself and I believe it summarizes the movie very well
Yes, pretty well; very symbolic image, in a way, too.

Next, might be pretty obscure, but, hell, I so loved those paintings (hence big screenshot :))!
Also the story is classy and may be used as a base for adventure game.

cat

Quote from: Abisso on Sat 21/09/2013 14:37:40
Oh my, I'm so stressed these days. Actually, after my lousy joke I meant to wrote what I'm mostly sure is the correct answer: Serial Lover. Not 100% sure, but 99% yes.

Correct! I posted this movie on another forum and they only got it after lots of hints and with google. I knew you guys could do better ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk