*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Tibatonk

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but since I just had my turn, I will not name it.

selmiak

miguel

Working on a RON game!!!!!

Eric

Quote from: Armageddon on Sat 16/11/2013 01:59:58
Hudsucker Proxy!

Aw man! I don't know why I wrote Barton Fink. I totally meant Hudsucker Proxy. The Coen Bros. would be ashamed of me.

kaput

Quote from: miguel on Sat 16/11/2013 09:49:26
The Name of The Rose?

HOLEY MOLEY! You're good... Miguel's turn!

Snarky

Whatever gave you the idea that The Name of the Rose is an obscure movie?

Sean Connery, Christian Slater, F. Murray Abraham and Ron Perlman in a Hollywood-esque film based on a hit novel by Umberto Eco. Rather a classic, I should think.

kaput

Because it's terrible?

Sure, it has big names in it. Didn't do it any favours, though. You could probably walk down a busy highstreet and count on one hand how many people saw that movie (or willingly watched it to the end). Maybe I'm wrong. Just my opinion I guess.

cat

Quote from: Sunny Penguin on Sun 17/11/2013 01:54:46
You could probably walk down a busy highstreet and count on one hand how many people saw that movie (or willingly watched it to the end).

You seem to have very big hands... (laugh)

miguel

I've watched it and loved it when it came out. Read the book after and it has some really clever puzzles (would bring a fantastic adventure game).

Now lets workout those clever minds of yours ;):

kaput

Fear and Loathing in Ass Vegas??

Quote from: cat on Sun 17/11/2013 08:37:37
You seem to have very big hands... (laugh)

LOL ok guys. I'll put my hands up. Maybe I got that one wrong... Just take what I say with a pinch of salt in the future (laugh). But yeah, I really did not like that movie haha. It would make a good adventure game like.

Snarky

It's a murder mystery set in a medieval abbey featuring horny monks, heretics, a beautiful mysterious girl and evil inquisitors. Sean Connery as Sherlock Holmes as a monk! There's hidden passages, a secret library, a fire, grotesque dissections and one of the hottest sex scenes of the decade. What's not to love? Fuck it, I'm gonna watch it now!

Don't know about this last one. La Dolce Vita?

Eric

Plus, it's a movie based on a book by a semiotician. How often does that happen? Saussure and Barthes certainly didn't have Hollywood success.

kaput

Welp, that settles it. I'm clearly not worthy! I might as well go and drown myself in a bath like that fat bald dude from the movie!

Snarky

I think some flagellation to mortify the flesh will be sufficient.

miguel

Yup the sex scene is something hot! Slater looses his virginity if I recall to a beautiful dangerous gipsy like girl. He's also the narrator, like in the book.
I watch The Name of The Rose every time it shows on TV. Just like Rocky IV, I just can't skip those movies.

Btw, it's not Ass Vegas or Dolce Vita.

miguel

Looks like I'm going to win this competition!...:=
And it's not even a Portuguese movie!

Tibatonk

Is the right one Gina Lollobrigida?

miguel

Yes it is, the one and only Gina Lollobrigida!

Tibatonk

miguel

You're right my friend,
your turn!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk