*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Snarky

All right, let's wrap this up:

Tramponline

Kafka's Japanese twin with a bucket list :P

Snarky

Well if you're going to show off, shouldn't you also take your turn?

Tramponline

Hehe! ARRRGH! Touche! ;)
But in all honesty, Snarky, I really wasn't trying to show off. I wanted to take part so baldy, but had to do some translating stuff.
So, the only thing I could do was drop stupid hints, to at least see the next entry! :-*

But fair's fair. I assume it's Kurosawa's 'Ikiru'. Only the swing gave it away, the other ones had me stumped.

Snarky

Yes, it's Ikiru ("To Live"), generally regarded as one of Kurosawa's greatest movies.
I think it was guessable in principle from the first picture, even for someone who only knew it by reputation, what with the two guys in the foreground (Kurosawa regulars) and the hat, but of course there's a lot of confusing detail to filter out...

And I know it's tempting to hint when you don't want to answer for whatever reason. I've done it myself. But â€" at least to me â€" it does usually come across as showing off, and a way to get the "credit" for knowing the film without having to take on the work of posting the next screencap.

Tramponline

Makes perfect sense. No argument here. It just really is damn tempting, especially here in the rumpus arena.

To do some penance and out myself as a bit of an idiot, the next one is a guilty pleasure of mine! ;)

Ponch would probably call it a manly man's movie (And I'd add a lot of grunting on the side)!
Most people consider it utter 'not so good', but I really do like it for some reason.

[IMGzoom]http://i57.tinypic.com/13zbok9.png[/imgzoom]

edit: Haha. As a matter of fact, since I took the screen shot anyway, I'm watching it right now. Still stupid, still good! (nod) 

Armageddon

L.A. Confidential?

Romeo + Juliet?

GarageGothic

Tramponline

Quote from: Armageddon on Sat 10/05/2014 08:24:11
L.A. Confidential?

Ahh, I definitely wouldn't be ashamed of that one, Armageddon! ;-D
Romeo + Juliet?

...yes, I would!

But GarageGothic is absolutely right, it is indeed 'Tango & Cash'! Popcorn movies in it's purest form!

Cop:  "He thinks he's Rambo"
Ray Tango (Stallone): "Rambo is a pussy!"  :P

nihilyst

GarageGothic

nihilyst

selmiak

that karma police music video!

GarageGothic

nihilyst

GarageGothic is right. Althought it totally looks like Karma Police ^^

Armageddon

Quote from: selmiak on Sat 10/05/2014 12:10:52
that karma police music video!
What a great music video. ;-D

Gribbler

GarageGothic

Yes! Brilliant movie in my opinion. Difficult to choose a screenshot that didn't immediately look like Wes Anderson, and I suppose I didn't :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk