*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Quintaros

nihilyst

Well, there's a spider, so: Kingdom of the Spiders?

EDIT: No, wait. Is it the gas station scene from Duel? Wasn't there a spider farm or something like that?

Kumpel

You got it before me :( ;) Your turn nihilyst

Ben X

Indeed! The link was that Duel and Fanny And Alexander were both shot as tv movies then re-edited for theatrical release.

nihilyst

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

nihilyst

Ben X

No idea. Is it American?

(This thread really dries up when no one knows the movie and all we get is "no" over and over.)

nihilyst

It is an American movie which draws its plot from motifs of several well-known short stories. The two pictures I posted refer to two of these stories (and a third one would most likely give it away).

Amayirot Akago

Got a suspicion this is an Edgar Allan Poe adaptation, so after doing some research I'm guessing it's Lunacy.
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Danvzare

Is it "Into the Woods"?

Of course this is just a wild guess, since I've yet to watch that film.

nihilyst

Amayirot is on the right track, but it's not a direct adaptation of his work.

Maybe a glimpse on the cast might help?

Gribbler

nihilyst

Ben X

That was on my watchlist for ages but I never got round to it because I doubted it was worth watching. Is it any good?

Danvzare

Quote from: Ben X on Sun 28/02/2016 08:36:04
That was on my watchlist for ages but I never got round to it because I doubted it was worth watching. Is it any good?

I've watched it (on TV), it's a pretty decent film.

Gribbler

Gribbler

Ben X

That looks like Keith Allen and the mum from This Is England. IMDB tells me they were both in:

Eddie The Eagle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk