jwalt

Quote from: Quintaros on Sun 17/07/2016 12:03:54
You got it Jwalt.

Always thought Bridge a great movie.

Another war movie. I find this shot oddly moving:

Mandle

Fifteen Officers And Gentlemen?

jwalt

Nope, and nope. Movie is, perhaps, overly long, and the special effects (explosions, etc) are not up to the standards even of the time frame of the movie being made. Still, it had full US Navy support, and, as a result, you get a lot of neat scenes aboard and around ships.

Couple more, which I'll hide just for the fun of it:

Kumpel

Mandle

I would guess something to do with Pearl Harbour given the possibly Hawaiian location? Have no idea about the title though.

Jack

jwalt

@ Mandle -- Does involve Pearl Harbor:

@ Jack -- The PT (MTB) boats do have a part to play:

@ Kumpel -- Tora! Tora! Tora! was filmed in color. This one was filmed in black and white. Both had what might be called "all star casts:"

Quintaros

Is it "They Were Expendable"?

Jack

Well, that's Henry Fonda, so: In Harm's Way?

EDIT: And John Wayne? He looked familiar but I couldn't place him. Not as bad at least as Quintaros never having seen 12 Angry Men. ;)

Quintaros

Quote from: Jack on Tue 19/07/2016 10:56:33
Not as bad at least as Quintaros never having seen 12 Angry Men. ;)

Say what now?

Jack

I suspect you would have recognised Henry Fonda if you had. It's an excellent film.

Darth Mandarb

Jack got it!

I recognized the movie (and remembered who was in it) 'cause my dad's an old navy dog (submariner) and we were inundated with Navy movies when we were kids (The Enemy Below, Run Silent Run Deep (which, as an aside, I was taken to a drive-in to see (1 year old) and the double-feature was an unknown movie called Star Wars), etc). I had to use IMDB to lookup the title so I didn't want to answer 'cause that felt a little like cheating (is it?).

Anyway... carry on.

Quintaros

Quote from: Jack on Tue 19/07/2016 12:21:13
I suspect you would have recognised Henry Fonda if you had. It's an excellent film.

Oh.  I was looking at it on my phone and the framing cut Fonda off.

jwalt

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Tue 19/07/2016 12:51:38
Jack got it!

What Darth said. Good job. Was running out of screen shots.  ;-)

Just did a quick YouTube search, looking for something that was on my DVD. Link to a "making of" feature:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0sTjB5nj48

Jack

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Tue 19/07/2016 12:51:38I had to use IMDB to lookup the title so I didn't want to answer 'cause that felt a little like cheating (is it?).

That's what I did, because I recognised Fonda (not even Wayne). I don't consider it cheating.

This one should be pretty easy, I think. A film everyone should see:

Quintaros

Quintaros

Cool.  Thank you, Steve Carell, for your over-the-top performance that extends all the way to your fingers.

Quintaros

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk