*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Quote from: Jack on Sat 17/09/2016 13:56:11
I think I prefer Lawnmower Man (not as bad as they say).

Lawnmower Man was AMAZING!!!

It was the best Stephen King adaptation of an original short story of a Pan-like character mowing your lawn with his mouth and then regurgitating the gopher's guts he'd accidentally eaten back into your bird-bath, and then finally coming into your house to eat you, turned into a movie that was pretty much "Flowers For Algernon" meets the hyped-at-the-time promise of VR, which seemed so close at the time and is starting to come true now, way past the point where most people are still interested in it anymore...

Yeah...it's a very small niche genre...But I just made it exist...

The movie still rocks though!!!

Ben X

Yeah, I was very surprised to read the original short story having seen the film!

(Also, for what it's worth, I agree with Mandle on the obscure films thing. Getting recommendations is great, but having the thread grind to a halt until someone manages to hit on the right search terms not so much. I think it's at least a good idea to start throwing out the giveaway shots and some other clues as soon as it's clear no one knows it.)

Adeel

Nice to know that CW & Gurok both have a classy taste in movies like me! :=

Quote from: Gurok on Sat 17/09/2016 13:43:40
I love how all of these old films are just appearing on YouTube, with the studios seemingly not caring enough to have them taken down. It's so convenient. Golden oldies Netflix.
You'll love to know that almost all the older Bollywood movies are freely available on Youtube to watch, and that too in good quality!

Danvzare

Quote from: Mandle on Sat 17/09/2016 16:07:56
Lawnmower Man was AMAZING!!!
I couldn't agree more! :-D
Do some people think the film is bad? ???

Quote from: Mandle on Sat 17/09/2016 16:07:56
the hyped-at-the-time promise of VR
What do you mean "at-the-time", it's still hyped and still going nowhere! (laugh)

Crimson Wizard

Sorry for delay; I found myself in the midst of rebuilding the home PC which took longer than expected, and may take little more to set everything up, so I pass my turn to whoever wish to take it.

Gurok

[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Mandle

CaptainD

Return to The Planet of the Apes?

Danvzare

Jack

Quote from: Danvzare on Tue 20/09/2016 09:37:08
Battlefield Earth?

That's the one.

Recently saw it for the first time and was surprised at how un-worst-film-ever-made it was. It's actually a pretty good sci-fi, and I'd say it has more meat on it than something like Event Horizon.

Piece of cake!

Danvzare

Yay I got it right. :-D
Also I agree, it's a pretty good film. Not the greatest film of all time, but a pretty good one. I definitely don't get the hate surrounding it.

Now let's see if anyone can guess this film.
[imgzoom]http://orig06.deviantart.net/3651/f/2016/264/f/7/guess_the_movie_title_screenshot_04_by_danvzare-daidt08.png[/imgzoom]

Jack

Pretty sure I got the era wrong, but The Do-Over?

selmiak

Danvzare

Nope, you're both wrong. But I'll give you a hint, it is a well known comedy. And in my opinion, a really good one as well.

Cassiebsg

Sorta reminds me of a movie I've seen recentish... but can't remember what it was called.  :-[
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AnasAbdin

Danvzare

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk