AGS WEREWOLF GAME 4 (Phase: End Discussion)

Started by Sinitrena, Fri 05/04/2019 15:31:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

And, yeah, I had may as well have sent it to anyone as what they did with the info would have either cleared them or damned them, but I sent it to Kastchey because we had PM'd a bit and I was tending towards trusting him at that point.

Sometimes you just gotta gamble with your gut.

Mandle

Quote from: VampireWombat on Sat 04/05/2019 16:07:14
Sorry, but if it's true then you tried too little too late to fix things.

I didn't know until everyone switched votes that there was anything to "fix". I've laid the whole true story on the table. Nothing else I can do now.

Riaise

To be fair, I hadn't voted in the first place and so didn't switch anything. :P

But now I'm wondering. If Mandle is scum, then PP clearly isn't. Which means that either Kastchey or VW is. If it's VW then why, when I am clearly wavering here, is he sticking to his original vote and throwing Mandle under the bus? He could have easily changed his vote by now to convince me to change mine. So that leaves Kastchey as scum. But why would Kastchey bother getting in touch with me in the first place when the vote was already going their way?

The only conclusion I can come to now is that Mandle isn't scum. And given VW's reluctance to switch his vote back, I'd have to guess that he is, along with PP.

What does everyone else have to say about this theory?

Kastchey

Quote from: Mandle on Sat 04/05/2019 16:03:31
I only had one scan because I missed the first night due to RL busy-busy. And when I got the info on PP on the second night I sent it straight out to Kastchey. He can verify how fast I sent it out.
I can confirm that you sent the message to me half past 3 am UK time which would have been, if I'm not mistaken, 11:30 am your time?
I understand the time differences and this might have been just after you woke up, but I cannot really verify how fast you sent out that information basing just on that...

VampireWombat

I'm not scum. To prove it:

Vote to lynch: Privateer Puddin'

Riaise

Well, it doesn't prove anything now. Whoever the second scum is will go with whatever the majority looks like to make themselves look innocent tomorrow.

THIS IS ALL HINGING ON ME AND I DON'T LIKE IT. SOMEONE HELP.

Riaise

And I need to go and make dinner in a minute, so I need to make a decision now. Will someone please post something incriminating? :-*

VampireWombat

Well, I do have some photos of Mandle and a cactus, but I promised never to show those...

But honestly, I have no idea what to tell you. I've never known how to properly vote.

Riaise

Okay, I'm leaving my vote as it is. My brain is too fuddled to do anything else right now. :-\

Kastchey

Quote from: Riaise on Sat 04/05/2019 16:21:23
If Mandle is scum, then PP clearly isn't. Which means that either Kastchey or VW is. If it's VW then why, when I am clearly wavering here, is he sticking to his original vote and throwing Mandle under the bus? He could have easily changed his vote by now to convince me to change mine. So that leaves Kastchey as scum. But why would Kastchey bother getting in touch with me in the first place when the vote was already going their way?

The only conclusion I can come to now is that Mandle isn't scum. And given VW's reluctance to switch his vote back, I'd have to guess that he is, along with PP.

What does everyone else have to say about this theory?
Frankly speaking, VampireWombat's voting makes my head spin. If you are doing this on purpose, VW, then kudos to you...

If Mandle is innocent and VampireWombat is working with Privateer Puddin', then he must have thrown him under the bus earlier after I followed Mandle's PM. If Mandle is innocent and I am working with Privateer Puddin', then I must have done the same before. If Mandle is innocent and Riaise is working with Privateer Puddin', then her initial reluctance to lynch PP would make sense but then again they'd have to have been really lucky with me reaching out to Riaise.

If Mandle is guilty and VampireWombat is working with him, then the only thing I can think of that would explain VW jumping on the bandwagon is that having learned the psychic's identity, they could have decided to kill him and block the last scan, then hope to fool the remaining person.

Mandle

Quote from: Riaise on Sat 04/05/2019 16:30:36
Whoever the second scum is will go with whatever the majority looks like to make themselves look innocent tomorrow.

There is no tomorrow unless a scum is lynched today. If a town player is lynched then the scum kills a town during the night and it's game over.

Your reasoning is correct. Change your vote to Privateer Puddin'. I am the Psychic. He is the shapeshifter I scanned.

Or Kastchey do it! I feel like Riaise is just doing a runner to avoid killing her team member now.

Sinitrena

Through eyes that cannot see... should not see, with ears that cannot hear, you follow the steps of the monsters and the steps of their victims. They follow the same scream you did, or is it your scream they follow?

You have to admit, they are convincing: The fast breath, coming in little, frantic blows, the pupils of the other monster getting wide and shadowy full of fear and disgust, the shaking hands, the shock that runs through a body when it tries to suppress throwing up from the look of your own remains on the ground...

People begin to scream when they see them, they begin to panic. It was not some kind of mistake, it was not something else... Or maybe it was, maybe these aren't shape-shifters, maybe they are... It doesn't matter.

What matters is how convincing they are, how smooth their voices, how genuine their fear and confusion.

There is hope for a second, though you slowly forget what it feels like, what anything feels like. They are sure they have figured out one of the monsters and they have. The one who ate you talks as smooth as silk, his eyes pointed at the other one. For a moment, you believe that...

The situation turns just as fast as you were eaten and they drag an innocent man to the airlock. You straggle against chains that bind you, against a gag that silences you. When you scream and the monster around you winces, you remember to hope again â€" it is useless.

The airlock opens and closes in front of a by now familiar face and a quickly scribbled note is pressed against the glass:

"If you are reading this then I am dead, motherfuckers, please put a lit cigar in my mouth before dumping my carcass out of the airlock.”

You feel the grumble of a deep laugh start in your stomach but for now it is held back.

“Yippee Ki-yee and all that happy horse-shit!

It was a real displeasure to meet you all, especially those who killed me.

Currently peeing on the Pearly Gates.

Tim.”

The people around you start to relax, certain that they got rid of one of the monsters. And when the airlock opens to the outside, they read the last words:

“PS: Privateer Pudding is a scum-swallowing shape-shifter."

They were so certain, their hope was so palpable, but immediately the fear returns, and now you can smell it, you can taste it and you like it. Except for a little sense of being, there is nothing left of you and so what you feel is what he feels, what you think is what he thinks, what you do is what you do.

A short look between the two of you and your forms change. Bones become jelly, skin becomes rubber and the two innocent passengers are overwhelmed by a shapeless blob of biological mass. You never tasted anything with your whole body before. It is the most amazing feeling you ever had, it is elating, it is elevating, it is...

… the end of the last remnants of you.

---------------------------------------------

Lynch votes:
Spoiler
VampireWombat: Privateer Puddin' Mandle Privateer Puddin'
Riaise: Mandle
Kastchey: Privateer Puddin' Mandle
Privateer Puddin': Kastchey Mandle
Mandle: Privateer Puddin'
[close]

That is
Spoiler
a majority of 3 of 5 votes to lynch Mandle.
[close]
who was
Spoiler
The Psychic
[close]
and left you as his final words:
Spoiler
"If you are reading this then I am dead, motherfuckers, please put a lit cigar in my mouth before dumping my carcass out of the airlock.

Yippee Ki-yee and all that happy horse-shit!

It was a real displeasure to meet you all, especially those who killed me.

Currently peeing on the Pearly Gates.

Tim.

PS: Privateer Pudding is a scum-swallowing shape-shifter."
[close]

Unfortunately, they do not matter anymore, as this means that the Phase ends with a proportion of 2 â€" 2 and means a win for the scum. Congratulations!

Role reveal:
Spoiler
VampireWombat â€" dead (Role: Passanger)
Riaise â€" dead (Role: Passenger)
josiah1221 â€" eaten alive in Night 2 (Role: Doctor)
Kastchey â€" alive (Role: Shape-shifter)
Privateer Puddin' - alive (Role: Shape-Shifter)
Mandle â€" chucked out of an airlock on day 3 (Role: Doctor)
[close]

And thus ends the 4th AGS WEREWOLF Game. Congratulations again to Privateer Puddin' and Kastchey. You did a fantastic job.

The thread is open to discussions now.

Sinitrena

Rule Stuff:

1. I can confirm that Mandle missed his scan in the first night. Which is also one of the rule things I wanted to mention here again, because I think I never made it clear in the rules post. It should be obvious, but here it is again: Failing to tell me what your action is during a Night Phase means that the action does not happen. I waited longer than the allotted 24 hours and send a reminder to Mandle but unfortunately, he wasn't online. I also did not accept a belated order to scan Kastchey and ignored it completely, because the Phase wrap-up post was already up.

Again, that should be obvious, but I thought I make it clear again.

2. Did I limit the powers of the Doctor too much, by not even revealing that someone (without telling you who) was protected and instead left the possibility that the murderers just choose to not kill anyone? It felt a bit like the Doctor was weaker than intended by this, even though I think you all assumed anyway that the Doctor protected himself in the first night (which is what happened.)?

3. When the Psychic is killed during the night, should the results of this scan be allowed to be included in the Last Words? Mandle asked me to have the results of his scan in Night 2 included in his Last Words, should he get killed, but I turned this down. It didn't matter and when I turned Mandle down I already knew that it didn't matter because I already knew who would die that night, but this is a more general question than this one specific situation. My decision was that scan and kill happen at the same time and that the Last Words were more supposed to be like a journal (which is what I called the Last Words in the rule post) and therefore could not include information that were just received. That makes the Psychic slightly weaker and I'm not sure that is the right way to handle Last Words. Opinions?

---------------------------------------------

I loved this round, y'all. Josiah protecting himself in Night 1 and Mandle failing to scan anyone that same night (his belated scan request for Night 1 was Kastchey, by the way) made for a very interesting game. Thank you, guys.

Privateer Puddin'

Kastchey

Before I start replying to Sini's questions with my thoughts....

Mandle and Riaise, I am so very, very sorry for tricking you. I really am. If that counts for anything, I felt like an ass this entire time.

Mandle

HAHAHA Great job to the scum team!

I was really convinced by Kastchey most of the time in our PMs and you guys made the smart play for him to expose Privateer Puddin' like I asked and then for Privateer to claim Psychic... That was awesome strategy and I would have probably fallen for it as well...

And in closing for now before bed...

RIIIIIIIAAAAAAIIIISSSSSSEEEEE!!!  (laugh) (laugh) (laugh)

Mandle

Quote from: Kastchey on Sat 04/05/2019 17:13:47
Before I start replying to Sini's questions with my thoughts....

Mandle and Riaise, I am so very, very sorry for tricking you. I really am. If that counts for anything, I felt like an ass this entire time.

Hahaha naw, that's not necessary. The scum have to be as deceitful as they possibly can otherwise it's just like your dad letting you win at chess when you're a kid so you don't get upset.

Every good round needs great villains or it's not a satisfactory win for the good team when that happens, and vice versa.

You scum-sucking motherfuckers were AWESOME!

Sinitrena

Is anyone interested in statistics? I am, so here's a table of people who played in our games so far, what roles they ended up playing and if they won/lost:

(I know there's a way to create a table in the forums, but using a screenshot was actually easier...)

Kastchey

Quote from: Mandle on Sat 04/05/2019 17:15:45
RIIIIIIIAAAAAAIIIISSSSSSEEEEE!!!  (laugh) (laugh) (laugh)
Actually, I applaud Riaise for figuring it all out at the very end, even if her willpower ran out and she gave up trying. You guys, all three of you, got us REALLY nervous at the end.

Privateer Puddin'

How I imagine Kastchey right now:

Tactically, Kastchey was playing some 4D Chess compared to me. I knew of PMs to Mandle and Riaise but he lead with those (not trying to make you feel bad buddy, just giving you the credit!)

When Mandle spotted me and told Kastchey, my initial reaction was to take it on the chin, and make sure Kastchey wasn't implicated so he could live on to fight another day.

Decided to keep fighting and I'm surprised it worked as well as it did.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk