AGS World Cup Prediction League 2014

Started by Stupot, Sat 07/06/2014 13:05:44

Previous topic - Next topic

miguel

Van Persie's header will be one of the tournaments best goals for sure. What a goal, that's poetry in movement! Only a Dutch striker (remember V.Basten?) could do it! And Robben? Poor Casillas (where's Nacho when we need him?)!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Khris

Right, thanks for the hint, Stu.

Jun-15 0200 Côte d'Ivoire 2 - 1 Japan

cat

Jun-15 0200 Côte d'Ivoire 1 vs 1 Japan
Jun-15 1700 Switzerland 2 vs 1 Equador
Jun-15 2000 France 3 vs 0 Honduras
Jun-15 2300 Argentina 2 vs 0 Bosnia-Herzegovina
Jun-16 1700 Germany 1 vs 2 Portugal
Jun-16 2000 Iran 0 vs 1 Nigeria
Jun-16 2300 Ghana 1 vs 1 USA
Jun-17 1700 Belgium 2 vs 1 Algeria
Jun-17 2000 Brazil 2 vs 2 Mexico
Jun-17 2300 Russia 0 vs 1 South Korea
Jun-18 1700 Australia 0 vs 3 Netherlands
Jun-18 2000 Spain 1 vs 0 Chile
Jun-18 2300 Cameroon 1 vs 2 Croatia

cat

Quote from: tzachs on Sat 14/06/2014 07:47:11

Actually, I thought more about that:

(Which would have been even more funny, had Robben done this stunt :P )

CaptainD

Quote from: cat on Sat 14/06/2014 10:20:29
(Which would have been even more funny, had Robben done this stunt :P )

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

CaptainD

Wow... my predictions for today's matches were about as far out as they possibly could have been!  8-0

Stupot

Haha, none of us got a single point from that Uruguay game. Well done Costa Rica.

miguel

Totally unexpected!
As for Italy beating England, well, nothing new, really. Italy has tons of experience and are very pragmatic. This said I think there's a great England Team on the making. It takes guts to put up a team with so many young talents.

Stupot

Yeah, England played pretty well, I thought. Italy were just a bit better.  England had so many corners that we should have turned a couple of them into goals.

Vincent

I was disappointed from England, both by Gerrard and Rooney :-\
I would have expected much more from both of them
But I am glad that my country has won the first match
The last Pirlo's free-kick was sensational, unfortunately took the crossbar 8-0

miguel

That Pirlo's free-kick was something special! The ball changes direction mid-air! He told in his biography that he learned it from Juninho Pernambucano.

Vincent

True, both of them are masters of set pieces!
I also seen many time in past that changes direction from Roberto Carlos da Silva.
But he is completely unique.

Stupot

After 3 days and 8 games.

Sinitrena is still leading depite scoring nothing today.  However, CaptainD follows closely in second, again only behind on 'scores'. Myself and Vincent also scored nothing today and are still on only two points apiece :(

I have terrible internet signal problems and it took me over half an hour to finally get this image on here, so I will probably only do it once every few days.

Khris

Jun-15 1700 Switzerland 1 - 2 Equador
Jun-15 2000 France 2 - 0 Honduras
Jun-15 2300 Argentina 3 - 1 Bosnia-Herzegovina

Edit: Stupot, I can post daily screenshots of the league table for you, if you want.
You could also add this to your opening post and I'll keep updating it:
Code: text
[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/995571/ags_league.png[/img]

CaptainD

Apart from the cross, Rooney wasn't good, and Gerrard wasn't up to his normal standard.  Henderson looked awesome for the first quarter of an hour but then faded.  Johnson didn't impress but then again all the threat from Italy came from the other side so maybe defensively he did okay.  Never thought I'd say this but Welbeck was good.  Stirling and Studge were lively.  First full match I've seen for a long time, and it was pretty entertaining.  (Plus of course it was the only result I've actually got spot on so far!!)

miguel

Quote from: Vincent on Sun 15/06/2014 01:50:06
I also seen many time in past that changes direction from Roberto Carlos da Silva.
But he is completely unique.

Great memories from Roberto Carlos! He hit the ball really hard and that's what made the ball go so erratic.

Captain, England had to take some experienced players like Gerrard to kind of be the coach extension on the pitch. What I find pretty bad is Rooney's fitness! He's fat and not that old to be moving around like a tank.

CaptainD

Would like to see Barkley starting instead of Rooney next match.  Precocious young talent.

miguel

Stirling is pretty good as well, fantastic to see such a light-weight carrying England's game.

CaptainD

I'm an LFC fan so Stirling's brilliance is not new to me! :-D  Mind you he's a completely different player this season.  Would love to see Rickie Lambert in action too.  But for now just happy with the Swiss' late winner seeing me earn another point in this here league. :cool:

AprilSkies

Yesterday night I was really afraid of that guy! Stirling is a terrific player. So fast. you had to shoot him to stop him.
Anyway... We won again! but it was a nice game, very balanced, excellent opponents. :-D

..aaand CaptainD... can you please click HERE? Please....

www.apemarina.altervista.org

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk