AGS World Cup Prediction League 2014

Started by Stupot, Sat 07/06/2014 13:05:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

Cheers Selmiak.
You weren't in time for the kick off of the Spain match I'm afraid, but I'll enter the rest for you now.

CaptainD

Khris chose a bad time to start trusting in the Spanish... (well, it seems that way atm!)

Khris

Yeah, I don't think they'll turn this around.

Stupot

I think this will be a no-score game for all of us :-/
What has happened to Spain?

CaptainD

Maybe got complacent?  Maybe teams have worked out how to counter Tika-Taka?  Ageing players lost a yard of pace?

I know, all clichés, but all quite possibly true to some extent.

Intense Degree

Unbelievable result.

Spain outplayed and looking old and tired, all credit to Chile.

miguel

Quote from: CaptainD on Wed 18/06/2014 21:06:33
Maybe got complacent?  Maybe teams have worked out how to counter Tika-Taka?  Ageing players lost a yard of pace?

I know, all clichés, but all quite possibly true to some extent.

All that plus the fact that Diego Costa wasn't a consensual player in the team and the fact that Chile plays some good football.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Khris

Jun-19 1700 Colombia 2 - 1 Côte d'Ivoire
Jun-19 2000 Uruguay 1 - 1 England
Jun-19 2300 Japan 0 - 2 Greece

Vincent

Quote from: Stupot+ on Wed 18/06/2014 20:03:58
Quote from: Khris on Wed 18/06/2014 19:34:08
I'm going to revise my tip for the next game:

Jun-18 2000 Spain 2 - 1 Chile
Okay, not a problem :-)

Poor Australia, but good for Vincent :-)

:)

This year the league is really unpredictable

CaptainD

3-2-1 BLASTOFF! Suarez or Sturridge to shine?  Rooney to prove doubters wrong?  Goals galore or a goalless bore?! :confused: 8-)

Stupot

So how was the England game?  I spent all 90 minutes trying to get enough internet signal to watch it :(

I guess it paid off betting against my own country.  I'm now two pooints from bottom.  Japan game next. 'cept I have to go to work where they probably don't have a TV in the office.

CaptainD

It was an entertaining game.  Pretty even really, congrats to Rooney for getting his world cup goal, but Saurez was the difference between the side - two excellent finishes.  TBH in the opening 10 minutes of the second half, both sides could have scored a couple. 

Weird... I've got 13 results right, but only 2 scorelines - both England losing 2-1!!

Cassiebsg

Quote from: Stupot+ on Thu 19/06/2014 21:59:41
'cept I have to go to work where they probably don't have a TV in the office.

There's this archaic thing called a Radio that usually sends the matches... ;)
However, if you're anything like me, you won't get much of what they say, but "Gooooooaaaalll" is always very clear about what they mean...
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Stupot

Haha yeah I'll even be surprised of they have a radio on in there. I'll just keep the BBCs text commentary on my phone and look at it when I think no one can see.

tzachs

Predicting the future is not my thing, I guess, but I'll keep on trying:

Jun-22 1700 Belgium 2 - 1 Russia
Jun-22 2000 South Korea 0 - 0 Algeria
Jun-22 2300 USA 1 - 1 Portugal

Stupot

Cool cheers Tzachs. I'm still holding out hope that I'll get a nice run of points soon. Remember points are doubled in the next round so that could (I'm hoping) shake things up a bit, so it's worth keeping your hand in.

@Baron. Did you ever decide what you wanna do about that Switzerland France game? Is - - - your official answer or shall I call it nil-nil?

Stupot

Well I take back what I said. Got to work and they'd actually changed the schedule so the kids, and staff, could watch the second half on some decent-sized tellies. Fair play.

Khris

Jun-20 1700 Italy 2 - 1 Costa Rica
Jun-20 2000 Switzerland 1 - 3 France
Jun-20 2300 Honduras 1 - 1 Equador

miguel

"On my browser you have to scroll down to even see my name on the list" - Larry Vales
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Stupot

So, a low scoring day all round. Well done to Costa Rica who have beaten two big clubs already and managed to basically knock England out without having even played them yet.  Italy were just a little bit crap and chronically off-side. Also, France gave us another big score line that none of us predicted.

Being one of only three people to score 2 points all day, Cat takes a three-point advantage over her nearest rivals, Monkey424 and Sinitrena. Myself and Miguel still biding our time.

But frankly, it's still anyone's game. There's only 10-points between top and bottom, and with points being doubled in the knockout rounds this could go anywhere.

So don't go anywhere!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk