Previous topic - Next topic

cat

Jun-30        1700 France 2 vs 1 Nigeria
Jun-30        2100 Germany 1 vs 0 Algeria
Jul-01        1700 Argentina 2 vs 0 Switzerland
Jul-01        2100 Belgium 1 vs 0 USA

CaptainD

Quote from: Snake on Sun 29/06/2014 01:36:44
I just want to chime in and say how that every time I see the subject line of this thread I always think that, "AGS World Cup", is some new AGS sports game (like that football game someone was working on years ago) that we all play together through the online plug-in or something. Every time the answer is still the same. Nope :-[

But... but... but... someone must MAKE THAT HAPPEN!  Even if it is the soccer game from DuzzQuest. :-D

Disturbed to see that I've hurtled down to 10th place in the league table... come on Costa Rica, a nice 2-0 win tonight please!

Stupot

Unlucky cap'n. You got your extra goal, only the wrong side scored it.
Congrats to Vincent, Cassie and Monkey424 for a perfect day and 12 points each.

Feel free to start giving my your quarter-final predictions. And don't forget your wildcards :-)

Cassiebsg

Guess this game is as good as any to cast my wildcard, if it's not too late. :)

Jun-30  2100 Germany  vs  Algeria  **Wildcard**
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Stupot

Nope not too late. Consider it cast :-)
I've gotta get get up early tomorrow so might not have time to update any wildcard related scores immediately, but don't panic if there's a delay, I'll be on it like a scotch bonnet.

Radiant

Quote from: Baron on Fri 27/06/2014 03:44:23
Jun-29        1700   Netherlands 2 vs 1 Mexico

Quote from: Intense Degree on Fri 27/06/2014 10:59:41
Jun-29  1700 Netherlands 2 vs 0 Mexico

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 27/06/2014 16:37:22
Netherlands 2 vs 1 Mexico

Quote from: Vincent on Sat 28/06/2014 15:16:20
Netherlands 2 vs 1 Mexico

Quote from: monkey424 on Sun 29/06/2014 07:10:58
29-Jun Netherlands 2 vs 1 Mexico

Hah! In your face, Mexico! :grin:

Stupot

So far only teams that topped their groups have gone on to win this round of matches. Can Switzerland or USA change that? Only Selmiak seems to think so. A 1-3 win for the Swiss would be a great result for him. I have to apologise to you Selly, too, because I had made an error inputting some of your predictions in the previous round and as a result of my fixing the error you have dropped a couple of points. My bad. But please blame Khris for pointing it out to me (laugh) hehe.

Baron

Quote from: Baron on Fri 27/06/2014 03:44:23
Jun-30        2100   Germany 2 vs 1 Algeria ****WILDCARD*****

Well, that was a waste of a good wild card.... (roll)  To be fair, I got the score correct, only 30 minutes too late.

Quote from: Stupot+ on Tue 01/07/2014 00:28:01
So far only teams that topped their groups have gone on to win this round of matches. Can Switzerland or USA change that?

Ixnay on the roupgay opperstay strategy!  You're going to give away all my points.... :P ;)  There weren't really a lot of close groups, though. Except in Group A (Mexico, Brazil), all the groups had a clear winner (even when points were close, the group winner had clearly beaten the runner up).  The next round is going to be much more of a toss-up, which is why I burned my wild-card on the "sure thing" of Germany-Algeria.  (roll)

Good luck to everyone on tomorrow's matches (especially if you bet along the same lines as me! ;) )

Quote from: Stupot+ on Tue 01/07/2014 00:28:01
I have to apologise to you Selly, too

Wasn't "Selly" the cancer awareness blob from the 1980s?

What are the rules about having a nickname nickname? ;)

Cassiebsg

Rats!I knew I should have used my Wildcard on the France match! But I was too late for that one, so the Germany one looked to be the next "sure" thing... rats to them for not have scored in the regular time. :p
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Stupot

Haha I never knew of this Celly thing. Selly is my suck-up nickname for Selmiak for ballsing up his score. As for other nickname nicknames I'm pretty sure I've called you Bazza in the past, Baron.  Also who hasn't called Bicilotti 'bitch' at some point? :-D

So today is the last two second round matches.
Feel free to start placing your predictions for the quarter-finals games, when you are ready.
Best of luck :-)

Sinitrena

Hope I'm not too late:
Wildcard: Jul 1 - 17:00 Argentina - Switzerland

Stupot

Nope not too late. Thanks, Treen :-D

Contrary to what the sheet may say, Switzerland are not in the quarter finals. Argentina are, but Google docs has suddenly decided to stop saving my changes, probably due to my shite internet. I will change this as soon as I can.

Khris

Jul-04        1700 France 1 - 1 Germany *WILDCARD*
Jul-04        2100 Brazil 1 - 2 Columbia
Jul-05        1700 Argentina 1 - 0 Belgium
Jul-05        2100 Netherlands 0 - 0 Costa Rica

Vincent

Great Match From Belgium Today !

Brazil 2 - 1 Columbia
France 0 - 1 Germany
Netherlands 2 - 1 Costa Rica
Argentina 3 - 0 Belgium

CaptainD

Jul-04        1700 France 1 - 2 Germany
Jul-04        2100 Brazil 1 - 2 Columbia
Jul-05        1700 Argentina 0 - 2 Belgium *WILDCARD*
Jul-05        2100 Netherlands 3 - 1 Costa Rica

miguel

Jul-04        1700 France 1 - 1 Germany *WILDCARD*
Jul-04        2100 Brazil 2 - 2 Columbia
Jul-05        1700 Argentina 2 - 1 Belgium
Jul-05        2100 Netherlands 2 - 2 Costa Rica
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Intense Degree

Other than England's performance (and my lack of skill at predictions!), this has been a great world cup so far and that USA v Belgium game was really something special. People say that other leagues can't keep up with the pace of the premier league, but I don't think there are many premiership sides who could have kept up with either team last night.

Jul-04        1700 France 1 - 2 Germany
Jul-04        2100 Brazil 2 - 2 Columbia *Wildcard*
Jul-05        1700 Argentina 2 - 1 Belgium
Jul-05        2100 Netherlands 2 - 1 Costa Rica

DoorKnobHandle

Quote from: Intense Degree on Wed 02/07/2014 09:55:54
People say that other leagues can't keep up with the pace of the premier league...

Are you talking about the English Premier League? Because if so, then I'm pretty sure the only people that would say that are English! ;)

Stupot

Thanks for your quarter final guesses so far, guys. Keep them coming.
It's weird that in terms of days we are little over halfway through the competition, but in terms of games we only have 8 left. Still, the scores are close enough that it should be a nail biting final act for our prediction

At this point Baron is lording it up at the top with Vincent and Cassie following closely behind. Cat has been knocked back a few whiskers, but is still scratching at the door of victory. There are just 26 points between top and bottom. But with 51 points still on the table (plus wildcards) the true prediction master could be any one of us.

Who will reign supreme, and who will be condemned to the cesspit of last place?

I'm working on some trophies and will announce them properly soon :-)

Intense Degree

Quote from: DoorKnobHandle on Wed 02/07/2014 10:00:16
...I'm pretty sure the only people that would say that are English! ;)

Probably very true!  :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk