AGS World Cup Prediction League 2014

Started by Stupot, Sat 07/06/2014 13:05:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

Seems Brazil didn't get the 'good' ending.

Well done to Selmiak for your 5 bonus wildcard points which brings Miguel to the bottom if the table.
Don't forget, Vincent and Cat, you still have yours. It could prove very handy to one of you.

Baron

Quote from: Stupot+ on Tue 08/07/2014 23:49:58
...which brings Miguel to the bottom if the table.

Testicle Relegation, anyone? ;)

selmiak

brasil was weakened by missing 2 top players, it was quite easy to guess who would win, though this final score is really mean! (laugh) dunno if I would gamble my wildcard on germany again in the finals...

do we also predeict the 3rd place?

Stupot

Quote from: selmiak on Wed 09/07/2014 06:33:28
do we also predeict the 3rd place?
Yep. That's included. Just guess the score before it kicks off, same as usual. :-)

miguel

Quote from: Baron on Wed 09/07/2014 02:38:59
Quote from: Stupot+ on Tue 08/07/2014 23:49:58
...which brings Miguel to the bottom if the table.

Testicle Relegation, anyone? ;)

I now must flee in shame.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Khris

Watching this was awesome.

"Little Júlio César wants to be picked up at the ball pit." :-D

miguel

I wonder if Janos has any philosophical insight on last night's result... :grin:

Adeel

Quote from: miguel on Wed 09/07/2014 14:33:15
I wonder if Janos has any philosophical insight on last night's result... :grin:

Give him a break, miguel. I'll give you Hitler's insight on the match instead. :grin:

On a lighter note, I'm sure most of you would definitely have come across this news: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/brazilian-priest-curse-german-players-voodoo-before-world-cup-semifinal-1455556

Someone wants to say something to that wizard:

Spoiler

[close]
:wink:

Cassiebsg

No problem miguel, at least we can still hope that the only game we lost was to the Champions. ;)
(we seem to be pretty good at that the last decade or so...)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Atelier

Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Wed 09/07/2014 15:21:33
On a lighter note, I'm sure most of you would definitely have come across this news: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/brazilian-priest-curse-german-players-voodoo-before-world-cup-semifinal-1455556

Tl;dr the text of the article, but wouldn't poking a pin into an effigy of a Brazilian player cause those things to happen to the Brazilian team? That's Voodoo 101.

Adeel

Quote from: Atelier on Wed 09/07/2014 18:04:38
Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Wed 09/07/2014 15:21:33

Tl;dr the text of the article, but wouldn't poking a pin into an effigy of a Brazilian player cause those things to happen to the Brazilian team? That's Voodoo 101.

I guess the curse back fired. (roll)

Stupot

Well, nearly there. The final has been set. Germany v Argentina. But first we have to decide third place between Brazil and The Netherlands. At this point there are still 15 points to be won so still many of you could snatch the victory. But our top two players still have their wildcards so a well-placed wildcard will mean certain victory.
Get your last prediction in any time before they kick off. Good luck to those who still have a chance :-)

Khris

Runner-up game
Jul-12        2100 Brazil 0 - 0 Netherlands

Final
Jul-13        2000 Germany 18 - 1 Argentina

Stupot

Haha. Are you sure, Khris? You could still win this.(nod)

miguel

Runner-up game
Jul-12        21:00 Brazil 1 - 3 Netherlands

Final
Jul-13        20:00 Germany 2 - 2 Argentina

QuoteNo problem miguel, at least we can still hope that the only game we lost was to the Champions. ;)
(we seem to be pretty good at that the last decade or so...)
Cassie we lost to the best team in this World Cup even if they don't win it. It's just overwhelming the kind of professionalism, preparation and dedication the Germans have put into it. It's a lesson and a future reference. The Dutch came very near and we have to congratulate them, well played!

Khris

I might revise my prediction at a later time :-D

Haggis

Jul-12 2100 Brazil 1 - 1 Netherlands
Jul-13 2000 Germany 1 - 0 Argentina

monkey424

Last orders everyone!

12-Jul  Brazil 1 - 2 Netherlands
13-Jul  Germany 2 - 1 Argentina

CaptainD

12-Jul  Brazil 1 - 1 Netherlands
13-Jul  Germany 4 - 1 Argentina

Cassiebsg

12-Jul  Brazil 0 - 2 Netherlands
13-Jul  Germany 3 - 1 Argentina
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk