And then there were none (AGS Werewolf Game 3) (Phase: End Discussion)

Started by Sinitrena, Tue 14/08/2018 19:22:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Kastchey

Cryto..po... pardon me, what was that?

I really did not mean any offence, Professor. Please do consider that you taking advantage of my inferior intellect can be as unfair of a battle as me taking advantage of your undesirable earnings.
I beg of you to drop this dispute before it turns into a petty quarrel unfit for a man of your refinement, and to lend us the assistance of your crypo... crytzo... scientifically trained mind.

VampireWombat

Cryptobiologist. In simplest terms, I study the biology of legendary creatures. Or I would if they actually existed. More times than not, I'm called to identify that some fur found on a tree belongs to a bear and not a big foot...

And I was in no way trying to take advantage of your intellect. Nor did I consider it inferior. I figured you must have had some sort of knowledge to be an architect of sorts.
But my mind is of your service if you can think of a way to use it. But I can't see how I could be of much use unless you or someone else found some hair on the umm, victim, that is not her own. And then I could tell you very little without equipment, unless the hair is a distinct shade that is noticeable to the naked eye.

Stupot

Oh, lord. That poor lady. If only she had screamed for help or given us some clue or or or... something. I could have done something to help. To think I ever called myself a doctor... I've... I've failed myself and my profession. And still no sign of our... DAMNED host?

No, I've got a bad feeling about all this. I agree with cat. One of US is a murderer. It's just a question of who.

As a man of science, I'm a little disturbed by Mandle's assertion that he has been contacted in his dreams by some... some voice. But I'm hungover and this no ordinary island. Anything seems possible right now. And perhaps this voice was merely a manifestation of some deeper intuition. What disturbs me more is dayowlron's slight overreaction to what Mandle had to say. He sounded like someone quite desperate to accuse the first person with any kind of a lead. Which suggests to me thatbHE might be the one hiding something.

I suggest this night we choose one person to lock away in the dungeon. My suggestion is dayowlron. (Not an official bold vote yet. I'm still mulling over the last night's events)

OOC
As someone who has been in Mandle's position (if he's telling the truth) where the seer contacted me on the first night, I wish I had thought of this tactic of being the seer's spokesperson. It seems so obvious. Of course you have to work out if they're telling the truth but I'm willing to guess that he is.

VampireWombat

Quote from: Stupot on Thu 23/08/2018 00:01:50
As a man of science, I'm a little disturbed by Mandle's assertion that he has been contacted in his dreams by some... some voice. But I'm hungover and this no ordinary island.
Yes, as someone who is called to prove that things are in fact mundane, this does disturb me a bit too. But there have been a few things I've been unable to disprove. Like the 3 toed sloth I was once shown that somehow could speak 3 different languages...

tzachs

Oh my, this is terrible! That poor lady.
Now I need to find a shovel so we'll have proper burial.

Hmm, interesting turn of events. I must say, Mandle seemed incredibly suspicious to me yesterday, voting for me and then for cat without any apparent reason. And after last game where he himself said that's a murderer tactic to start laying blames early.
So I have reason to doubt his statement now. Then again, it is likely that he acting suspicious really did trigger the psychic to scan him, but it might be that this was his plan all along... I mean, why would a guest start casting votes in the first day when it is clearly counter productive to the group?
It's also possible that he's making a play to sacrifice himself in order to expose the psychic early on (as cat suggested), which I'm not sure is the right thing to do.
But then again, I might be completely wrong here. grrrrr... need to think about it some more.

Mandle

Quote from: tzachs on Thu 23/08/2018 02:57:51
(1) I must say, Mandle seemed incredibly suspicious to me yesterday, voting for me and then for cat without any apparent reason. And after last game where he himself said that's a murderer tactic to start laying blames early.

(2) I mean, why would a guest start casting votes in the first day when it is clearly counter productive to the group?

(3) It's also possible that he's making a play to sacrifice himself in order to expose the psychic early on

(1) It can be informative to see who votes for who. That's one reason I was casting some votes out there. I won't go into other reasons because I don't want to give too much away for potential future rounds, plus it's fun to learn as you go. When I said laying blame in Day Phase One is a potential murderer's tactic I was talking about them accusing each other. If you are innocent then you are kind of implying that, if I'm evil, then cat might also be evil?

(2) It's not counter-productive to the group. It's counter-productive if we end up lynching a good guy, but it's pretty unlikely to get a majority vote on Day One, and if we did it's most likely that one or more of the voters were scum players. We can sit around through the whole game just talking and anyone can say basically anything they like. The only solid Day Phase action is voting: Putting your money where your mouth is so to speak. Looking back on who voted for who and when is part of the detective-work of the game.

(3) I doubt we will see any self-sacrificing or throwing under the bus in a game with only 2 scum players. That would be too risky for them I'd say. Then could attempt it of course because it would be so unexpected but I think it would still end badly for them.

I'm going to wait just a little longer before voting.

Mandle

Goshdarnit... Then They could attempt it of course because it would be so unexpected but I think it would still end badly for them.

Also, I'm still waiting on contact from the Nurse. If they are planning to contact me then they should do so quickly to narrow down the list of potential guilty players. If they trust me of course. But I can say quite honestly that, if I were a scum player in this game with only 2 scum players I would not be making this move. It would certainly get me busted very quickly.

Mandle

Sorry for triple post but my last one was a bit unclear:

I meant: narrow down the list of potential guilty players in private within our small group that have been cleared. I'm not going to announce publically who the Psychic or the Nurse are of course.

tzachs

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 23/08/2018 04:28:19
If you are innocent then you are kind of implying that, if I'm evil, then cat might also be evil?
Well, yes, I found cat's statement also suspicious (regardless of whether you're innocent or not).

josiah1221

Ok, what the hell is going on here! This sounds like something out of a book! What's it called???

Eh... forget it! I can't even think right now... I have a terrible headache and nothing is making any sense! Why are we here and who killed Riaise??? Is this some kind of a sick game??? I want answers!!!

OOC I'm on the fence with Mandle's proposition.

If he is telling the truth then it would be a great advantage for "town", maybe he did make himself suspicious in hopes to be scanned and therefore work with the Psychic and reach out to the Nurse. But sooo much could go wrong with that plan. Just seems way too risky! But it could be a game winner if it all goes accordingly!
If he is lying then it would be a great advantage for "scum" to find out who the Nurse is and take he/she out. Therefore no worries of the Psychic being protected in the future. But if the Nurse doesn't contact him then he is risking getting lynched because he will still be alive the next day, since the "scum" didn't kill him! So also very risky! Hmmm, what are you up to Mandle?!?! :-\

Well... let's just hope our Nurse makes the right decision!!!

cat

Quote from: tzachs on Thu 23/08/2018 05:16:17
Quote from: Mandle on Thu 23/08/2018 04:28:19
If you are innocent then you are kind of implying that, if I'm evil, then cat might also be evil?
Well, yes, I found cat's statement also suspicious (regardless of whether you're innocent or not).
Which statement did you find suspicious and why?

Kastchey

Yeah, it is confusing. If Mandle was a Murderer trying to lure the Nurse out to kill them, it would be a risky game because if the Nurse turns up dead the next or following night, then he is busted. BUT, if he only wants to misdirect the Nurse, he can hope for them to waste one or two protections on him which would be great for the evil team.

Also, lying about being scanned by the Psychic would immediately turn at least one person hostile (the Psychic themselves - dayowlron, maybe? He is the only player openly hostile to Mandle so far).

On the other hand if Mandle was a Guest, then there would be very little harm in revealing the scan like he did. He can be targeted by Murderers and either die (which isn't terrible as key roles are still alive) or get protected (perfect - Guests do not lose anyone and Murderers waste their kill). Worst case scenario is if Mandle (as a Guest) gets lynched in the effect, but there is a good chance the Psychic would have identified a night role by then.

dayowlron

Well it is a 50-50 shot that one of two things have occurred.
1) the Psychic scanned Mandle and is using Mandle as his spokesman, OR
2) Mandle is a murderer and waited till the first night because he figured the Nurse would protect themselves because they wouldnt know who else to protect and so they couldn't protect themselves again so it would be a free kill.
Either way I hope the nurse does make the correct call because the Nurse and the Psychic is the only thing protecting us from annihilation.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

dayowlron

I just thought of something. If the nurse is killed this next round then either the murderers got totally lucky or Mandle is a murderer.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

dayowlron

Sorry about triple posting myself.
I know if the Nurse is murdered this round then I am totally voting for Mandle to be lynched right or wrong.

VampireWombat

Well, obviously Mandle would be lynched if the nurse is killed. There would be very little course of action to take otherwise.

cat

Quote from: VampireWombat on Wed 22/08/2018 22:19:58
But it's up to the nurse to decide if it's worth the risk or not.
Quote from: josiah1221 on Thu 23/08/2018 06:45:55
Well... let's just hope our Nurse makes the right decision!!!
So much pressure on our poor nurse, whoever it may be! And in the meantime, Kastchey and VampireWombat are about to have a brawl.

I think it is time for a decision. What do does everyone think the nurse should do?

• Contact Mandle
  • Don't contact Mandle but protect him
  • None of the above

cat

The psychic had enough time to stand up and say that Mandle is an impostor. For this reason, I'm going to believe Mandle (for now!) and vote for

Contact Mandle

dayowlron

That is good reasoning. I agree the nurse should contact Mandle.
Either way I do think we should start lynching someone tomorrow, just because the longer we sit idle the more likely we are to lose.

VampireWombat

I most certainly wouldn't get into a brawl with anyone with less than 3 stiff drinks in me.
At most I'd only attempt a battle of wits with Kastchey. But I see no need. Simple misunderstandings and assumptions were made.

Are we deciding what others are to do now? Very well. Contact Mandle. Perhaps they can have a nice glass of cooking wine and talk things over.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk