And then there were none (AGS Werewolf Game 3) (Phase: End Discussion)

Started by Sinitrena, Tue 14/08/2018 19:22:55

Previous topic - Next topic

VampireWombat

Thumbtacks and shoelaces could work, sure. Now, does anyone have a clue how to set up one of these things up?
Or maybe a diagram would be more useful.
We should figure out what information we know is almost certainly true. Then add what info seems likely, but we're not sure is true. Then put the very questionable info.
Facts: Riaise was strangled.
I didn't kill her.
Unknowns: Mandle may have been contacted by the psychic.
The nurse may have in turn contacted Mandle.

Mandle

Quote from: VampireWombat on Fri 24/08/2018 13:09:55
Facts: Riaise was strangled.
I didn't kill her.

Sorry, felt I should correct your "Facts" list there just a tad to include only actual facts.

cat

Quote from: VampireWombat on Fri 24/08/2018 13:09:55
Or maybe a diagram would be more useful.
I have canvas and paint, but what should I paint?

VampireWombat

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 24/08/2018 14:59:21
Sorry, felt I should correct your "Facts" list there just a tad to include only actual facts.
Well, I know it's a fact at least...

Quote from: cat on Fri 24/08/2018 15:11:33
I have canvas and paint, but what should I paint?
I have no idea. Unless you want to do a storyboard of events or something.

Mandle

I actually feel pretty good about the coming night phase so I don't think I'm going to vote anyone today.

See you all in the morning (hopefully)...

Sinitrena

Quote from: Kastchey on Fri 24/08/2018 11:25:40
I understood it [the number 7 - Sini] as a roleplaying hint from Sinitrena to our characters that there are two murderers, so that we can continue roleplaying if we wished to without having to use OOC knowledge of the game rules. But then we kinda stopped roleplaying.

Correct. I hope I didn't actually confuse anyone.

It is the most awful thing you have ever seen. As you walk the island, braving the storm and looking for a boat to leave and contact someone about the situation, you just can't shake the image. The way her eyes stared into nothing, red and swollen, the angry welt around her neck underneath the feather boa. You shudder every time you think about it.

And you just can't shake the feeling that one of you, one in this group of strangers, must be a murderer. But looking into their faces had revealed nothing. You only ever saw shock.

The panicked and hushed voices of you all urge you to find a way to leave and inform the authorities because it does not seem like the fisherman would return anytime soon. The storm is still raging over the cliffs, dangerously blowing against you as you climb them. You round the whole island, looking for a boat you are not even sure you could row safely in this weather.

There is only one place on this whole island where a boat could land, a place you are already familiar with from your arrival. You don't remember there being another boat, but you still look around. And you do find something, hidden against water or prying eyes under a small overhang is a little boat. A quick inspection reveals that there are no rudders and water has filled the hulk.

There is absolutely no way to leave the islands and no other option but to wait for the storm to subside and for the fisherman to return in the morning. Hopefully.

But surly this senseless murder was just a spontaneous act of anger and the police will take care of it in the morning.

Votes:

Spoiler
VampireWombat: -
dayowlron: -
tzachs: -
Mandle: Kastchey -
cat: -
Stupot: -
josiah1221: -
Kastchey: -

No lynch votes. Nothing happens.
[close]

Players:

Spoiler
VampireWombat: alive
dayowlron: alive
Riaise: strangled with her own feather boa in Night 1
tzachs: alive
Mandle: alive
cat: alive
Stupot: alive
josiah1221: alive
Kastchey: alive
[close]

Role Setup:

Spoiler
4 Guests
1 Psychic
1 Nurse
1 Party Host
1 Murderer
[close]

It is night again:

lasts about 24 hours
no posting in this thread, please
players with abilities should PM me

Current Phase: Night 2

Sinitrena

You are apparently not the only one who decided to explore your surroundings a bit more. But while you wandered along the coast of the island, someone else wandered through the house.

You didn't even notice anyone missing when you set down to a spartan meal in the evening, mainly because not everyone ate at the same time. And besides, the murder was a spontaneous act of anger, right?

But in the morning you do notice. Everyone does. Cold shudders run down your spine as you realize that maybe, just maybe you are in more danger than you all imagined. At first, you just knock on

Spoiler
dayowlron's
[close]
door, then you enter it, afraid of what you might find. Nothing.

So you search the house. The dinning hall, the guest rooms, the kitchen. Nothing.

You finally find him by opening a secret panel in the living room, behind which a doorway leads to a small private stage. Apparently, there is one for a nice little theatre production. On the stage, the remnants of the last production â€" whenever that might have been â€" are still visible.

You hardly notice them, because your eyes are drawn to the very middle of the stage where a body lies in its own blood, a spotlight close by. Blood is smeared over the stage, as if

Spoiler
dayolwron
[close]
had tried to crawl away, towards the left side. But in the end, he did not reach his goal â€" or get away from his murderer.

You turn your look away from the crushed bones and towards the broken spotlight. As it sometimes is when the mind has to cope with awful thoughts, you concentrate on the small things, like the colour of the spotlight â€" green â€" or the serial number edged into its side â€" 6.

Only later, when you can think straight again, at least a little, do you remember the bag that stood open not far to the side and that

Spoiler
dayowlron
[close]
had tried to reach:
Spoiler
a medicine bag with syringes, bandages and some bottles of pills.
[close]

This night
Spoiler
dayowlron, who was
Spoiler
a trained Nurse was killed.
[close]
[close]

Players:

Spoiler
VampireWombat: alive
dayowlron: bludgeoned to death with a spotlight in Night 2 (Role: Nurse)
Riaise: strangled with her own feather boa in Night 1 (Role: Guest)
tzachs: alive
Mandle: alive
cat: alive
Stupot: alive
josiah1221: alive
Kastchey: alive
[close]

Role Setup:

Spoiler
4 Guests
1 Psychic
0 Nurses
1 Party Host
1 Murderer
[close]

And it is day again. The dead players may no longer post here. The day will last about 48 hours and end on 27. August between 4 PM and 7 PM BST.

Current Phase: Day 3

VampireWombat

Mandle

Well, the bad news is that we have just lost the Nurse...

I shall pen a tragic play (in which I star) to celebrate the loss of this selfless individual who came forward to me when he did not have to and revealed his true calling as a healer of the innocent.

If only he could have healed himself... (But he was guarding the Psychic)

The good news is that the Psychic has found the Murderer!

It's Stupot!!!

Vote to lynch: Stupot

Well done to the scum team though to hit upon the Nurse as their kill. This makes me look really bad indeed and I can't wait to see how they spin it against me.

But, honestly, would I have really let the Nurse be killed on the first night after they contacted me if I was on the scum team?!

Well, I might have if I was making a really ballsy move actually...

Hmmmm... Damn I look guilty...

But, yeah, Stupot is the Murderer. The Psychic scanned him last night and this is confirmed!

If anyone is wondering what happened to the plan I mentioned of scanning the "potential" Nurse last night:

That was just to try and trick the scum team into thinking that I would be guarded. We actually just trusted dayowlron when he PM'd me that he was the Nurse, and nobody else had after some time had passed, and then told him who the Psychic was.

Cat was right that we shouldn't scan the Nurse... We were already on that track of thought but didn't want to say so because, yeah, what were the chances that the scum team would hit the Nurse?

Josiah's post had us a bit worried. I thought he was claiming Nurse sneakily but after some PM's with him it turned out he had a different plan that I still don't quite understand.

So, the choice now is to either lynch Stupot, who I'm telling you is the confirmed Murderer as scanned by the Psychic.

Or you can lynch me because the Nurse died and I knew who they were.

If votes start to trend in favor of lynching me I'm thinking to ask the Psychic to declare their role. Surely that would prove everything I say is true as the declarer could only be another scum if I turned out to be scum and then the scum team automatically lose.

But if that happens then we lose the Psychic for sure on the next Night Phase.

But I think it's still best to risk that (and get one last scan) if it means we can lynch a scum player today:

STUPOT!!!

tzachs

Oh dear, I just spent 4 hours yesterday burying Riaise, and now there's another body? And so much blood?
I wish the murderers would do a cleaner murder tonight.

Sad to hear about dayowlron, he was pretty much the only person I was sure is a good person.

Anyway, new plan and I think it's solid:
If Mandle is lying then dayowlron knows the identity of the second murderer. There is an unlikely possibility that Mandle lied to dayowlron twice and also gave him a random name for the psychic. But dayowlron could have easily talked to the "psychic" and verify that. dayowlron, in case you didn't converse with the psychic please PM me (and everybody) with this information so that we'll reevaluate our actions.

So, assuming dayowlron talked with the "psychic", if it's not the real psychic, then the real psychic should message dayowlron telling him that. Then dayowlron can notify everybody with PMs that there are 2 claimed psychics (without yet revealing their names).
Now, if nobody claims 2nd psychic I have no reason to not believe Mandle, and Stupot must indeed be a murderer.
If there are 2 claimed psychics then it's either Mandle + 1st psychic or Stupot + mystery person. In that case I suggest we lynch Stupot anyway. If we're wrong then we'll remain 3-2 the next day but will full knowledge about both murderers -> we win.
If we're right then it's 4-1 and we'll keep guessing.

So with that:
Vote to lynch: Stupot.

And hoping to hear from dayowlron before the end of this day so we know if there are 1 or 2 psychics.

VampireWombat

Well, that's certainly a way to go. I'll wait to vote on further action until hearing more.

cat

Not another murder! And then even a nurse that could have been so helpful in our situation. I will paint a portrait of dayowlron and Riase in their honour.

As for who did it - Dr. Stuart Pottington? A doctor killing a nurse? How terrible and gruesome! What shall we do with him? We cannot contact police but we need to make sure he doesn't kill again. We could lock him in the wine cellar. But if there is another murderer around, he could let him out in no time, we need a safer solution. Can we trust a psychic enough to justify killing him? State your case, doctor! Unless someone can convince me otherwise I vote for throwing Stupot off a cliff.

Kastchey

Oh dear.... first Miss Riaise, now Mr. Owl?
W-wait... Miss Riaise, an opera singer and Mr. Owl, a person of a lowly profession who sets up the stage for opera singers? That's it! The killer has a grudge against the opera people, so there will be no more killings surely! We must all be safe now!

Professor Wombat, you would surely agree with the deductive reasoning I just did? Please tell me you would...

OOC: What tzachs said makes sense to me too. It's indeed obvious that dayowlron must know who the psychic (if Mandle is telling the truth) or most likely the other murderer (if Mandle is lying) is. Mandle said that himself (i.e., that he revealed the psychic's identity to dayowlron) and as I said the day before, I would rather expect Mandle, if he really was a murderer, to keep the nurse alive to make them waste more protections.

Before I saw tzach's message I was going to say I was interested to hear what Stupot has to say for himself, but now I'm even more interested to hear from dayowlron of whether or not there was a "second" psychic contacting him.

So for now I am going to vote to lynch Stupot, but I may change my vote in the (frankly speaking, unlikely) event that someone does contact dayowlron.

VampireWombat

Kastchey, in theory that sounds good. But the medical bag suggests that Mr. Owl at least had some medical training. So it's entirely possible there is a different link between the two thank just opera. Assuming the killer isn't just a hired thug who would eventually kill us all...

And at this point I see no reason I shouldn't also vote for Stupot.

josiah1221

*Bows his head and says a few words in honor of Dayowlron*

That settles it, this is definitely not a coincidence. Whoever tricked us into coming here wants us all dead! I don't know about you guys but I'm gonna find a way off this damn island and NOT in a body bag!

Well, let's hope we hear from Dayowlron cause this seems a bit ironic and awfully suspicious to me. Also, my reason for asking to be scanned was to see if I could stir things up a little. Since I'm a guest I have nothing to hide and was curious to see if doing so would ruffle any feathers. It certainly got Mandle's attention and now the Nurse is dead. Hmmm... I'm still skeptical but it seems everyone has already jumped on the Stupot lynch wagon.

(I'll refrain from voting this time around since a majority has already been reached AND because I've gotten Stupot killed 3 games in a row. This time it wasn't me!!! (laugh))

Mandle

Quote from: josiah1221 on Sun 26/08/2018 04:45:51
Also, my reason for asking to be scanned was to see if I could stir things up a little. Since I'm a guest I have nothing to hide and was curious to see if doing so would ruffle any feathers.

(I'll refrain from voting this time around since a majority has already been reached AND because I've gotten Stupot killed 3 games in a row. This time it wasn't me!!! (laugh))

I think you asked to be scanned so that we would trust you more and probably wouldn't do it, thinking it to be a waste.

Well, you're certainly getting scanned tonight, and most probably lynched tomorrow.

Nice excuse about why you don't want to put in your vote for Stupot, but, naw, I don't buy it.

Past history in previous games is never a real excuse not to do something.

You're just hanging back and hoping that the tide turns against me before a majority can be reached against Stupot and you don't want to place one more nail in his coffin until absolutely necessary.

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce you all to the Party Host:

josiah1221!!!

Stupot

Dammit. It looks like I have no choice. But...

DON'T BELIEVE A WORD MANDLE SAYS!
I AN THE PSYCHIC!!

I scanned Cat on night one. CAT IS A KILLER! I needed someone to trust so I scanned Mandle on night two because I had convinced myself that he was the nurse. But as it turned out, MANDLE IS THE PARTY HOST!! (aka the other killer)

The upshot of this is that I still haven't scanned a normal guest so I don't have anyone on my side, but I am NOT a killer.

If you ask Dayowlron, he will tell you that Mandle asked him to protect Cat. This is because Mandle and Cat are working together.

You must believe me and change your vote to MANDLE! We can deal with Cat the following night.

Just to reiterate. I'm voting for MANDLE and so should you.

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot on Sun 26/08/2018 09:07:51
If you ask Dayowlron, he will tell you that Mandle asked him to protect Cat.

Yes, by all means! Everyone please PM Dayowlron and ask him if I requested that he should protect Cat.

I also see that you, Stupot, are taking a nice gamble here, and also using this as a last-ditch effort to narrow down the list of who the Psychic might be before you get lynched.

You most suspected Cat as being the Psychic so you took a decent gamble and named her as the one who was guarded last night.

I'm pretty willing to say at this point that Cat is not the Psychic. She was not guarded last night. Dayowlron can confirm.

There, your list of possible Psychic suspects has been narrowed down by one.

Mandle

After thinking about this a little more, DAMN that was a nice strategic play there Stupot.

If Cat really had been the Psychic and had been guarded last night I would look guilty as Hell right now and the scum team would have had a really good shot at winning.

You would have found out exactly who the Psychic is, I would probably have been lynched, and then Cat the following day.

DAYUM!!! I actually have goodebumps right now about how close that could have gone if you had picked the right person.

Stupot

I know Cat isn't the psychic because I AM. But you will have tried to convince the nurse (Dayowlron) to protect either yourself or the other killer. The reason I assumed you requested him to protect Cat is that Owl would have been less likely to have believed you if you asked him to protect you, rather than someone else. You really did a number on him.

Goosebumps smchoosebumps.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk