Best ROCK song ever!

Started by Hamelkart, Tue 28/06/2005 23:40:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Helm

There's all types of doom. Epic Doom Metal (Helm favourite. Started with Candlemass' Epicus Doomicus Metallicus, other followers include Sorcerer, Memory Garden, Solitude Aeturnus. Traditionally speaking, if a band is playing Epic Doom Metal, they're at least very good. This genre doesn't seem to have mediocre bands) and is a bit faster than most stuff, since it's epic and power-metal-ish usually. There's Sabbath and Sabbath-clones going from 'traditional doom' to full-out stoner, a good example of such music being Kyuss, the first few Monster Magnet albums and of course, Sleep - Dopesmoker. Then there's DoomDeath or Romantic Doom with the british brigade of Anathema (first two), My Dying Bride and Paradise Lost (first two) which is quite slow, but with grinding fast passages usually, a lot of bands suffering from the  'slow death metal', syndrome. Then there's Funeral Doom, by the Finns, with Skepticism, Thergothon, Tyranny and the like. This is your 30bpm Doom where there's just a tympani and church organ and a guitar going BZZZZZ. Australians dISEMBOWELMENT are a very important band affiliated with the Funeral scene but not exactly fitting in (their most distinctive thing being ripping blastbeat parts with pretty acoustic guitar strumming, then cutting into SLOW DEATH for 3 minutes, then repeat), along with the mighty Esoteric and Unholy. Then there's Drone Doom, which is just ambient music by metalheads, usually sans drumming completely, like Sunn0))) and Khanate.

Electric Wizard were great on 'Come My Fanatics' in my opinion, only. 'Return Trip' destroyed my mind. I'd say they were still traditional doom, only very heroin-impaired at that stage.

One could do worse than listen to music by any of the bands mentioned in this post, if they feel they're interested in Doom.
WINTERKILL

Petra

Quote from: ManicMatt on Mon 29/05/2006 00:01:50
At least you gave them a shot Petra! Mind you, "one lie fits all" isn't very good, "buy now.. saved later" is. (Which rather annoyingly wasn't on that myspace link)

Got me there. What kind of music is Blue October?

Ok, I will give them another chance :)

And to describe Blue October is really difficult..

it is no metal, but melodic rock, with unconventinal lyrics...
If you are interested you may find out more here for example...
http://www.blueoctoberfan.com/foiled/index.php

Petra

And Helm....

Just read your comment about the different kinds of metal...
Did not understand too much I must admit.
But I understood Anathema ( the special guest on my Porcupine Tree gig last year, this was amazing!)
And of course Paradise Lost ( the main act on my gig last year ;D) And this was just great!!!!

ManicMatt

Petra: Blue october sort of remind me of Incubus in a way. the funk. The scratches. I like the intense vocalist.

Oh this next song is utterly different. Ecletic!

Yeah is this enjoyable stuff.

Okay, i found a link with samples of the best album One Minute Silence ever did. It's way more energetic than "one lie fits all". If you don't like that then nevermind!

http://www.mp3search.ru/album.html?id=10541&pid=5615

Petra

ManicMatt:

Glad you liked Blue October ;D

And me, I tried One Minute Silence once again..
Heard some samples on the Amazon homepage.

Sorry, I still do not like them too much, it's too much rap for me on their Buy now...saved later album...

But ok, thanks for the recommendation anyway :)

ManicMatt

Ah too much rap! I'm used to rap now from listening to Mr Lif and Aesop rock, and the perceptionists.

Petra

Hi ManicMatt,

Did not want to be too critical...but The One Minute Silence stuff isn't my kind of music though...sorry.... :(

But you gave me the idea to listen again to
" A Crow left to the murder" by Incubus :o

Did not know I had these jewels here ;D

Enjoy the music!!

Petra

Petra

But as an P.S.

Have just ordered the new Lordi album ;D

And I will have to listen to it alone....

My brother tells I'm crazy, lol

Petra

And the last P.S.

Before driving somebody mad with my music taste....

But anyone ever heard about "Cold" ?
Insider recommendation, lol

"The year of the spider" is is is is is ..incredible....

Out of words.....

Listen to it!!!

Hammerite

dude, you NEED to join.
try and find out whats up with the whole registring thingy.
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

Petra

@Hammerite...

You meant me??? Can't  believe it ???

Petra

Thanks

But just another recommendation as "guest"

My favourite band is just "Axel Rudi Pell"

And of course the link  :P

http://www.axel-rudi-pell.de/main.htm

ENJOY!!!!

Petra

you may find some files there on the download section

And Headbeanging will start ;D

Petra

But Thunderastone is not worse.....

Can't decide which one is better ???

So...so many bands which are worth a try.---

Petra

without the a

The band is callled Thunderstone....

and they make me sleepless ;D

ManicMatt

Jesus Christ man, bloody register already! You're not a guest, you're a part of the furniture in this thread, so sign up soldier! NOW!

I won't click on your last link until you do.  :P :)

Petra

@ ManicMatt

Thanks for the reply

But I'm, female, lol

And the register thingy is bad----
#
<they ask a me a lot of stupid questions ......

Do not want to make an adventure game, even though I love  to play them...

So...just talking about music.....

Helm

No offence Petra, do whatever you like, but there's about a million forums about music on the internet.
WINTERKILL

Petra

Ah....

Helm is there again...

Here is a forum as well..and some people even like my music.... :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk