Guess the TV show

Started by AnasAbdin, Mon 26/06/2017 21:48:01

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFrighter

Quote from: Babar on Mon 19/12/2022 12:24:03I had been hiding the channel name all this time.

A channel for real machos, I suppose!  (laugh)

_

Snarky

Quote from: Babar on Mon 19/12/2022 01:35:10

Well, that's Garret Dillahunt. From his credits, I learn that he was in several shows from that era that sound like they could fit the bill, like Leap Years and Millennium (as well as X-Files itself), but based off the last shot I will guess Seven Days, episode "The Gettysburg Virus."

Babar

Figured that having him on the screen would help. You can even see the two main protagonists of the show in the background.

You're absolutely right, Snarky! Another fun time-travelly show.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Snarky

Always happy to see Dillahunt pop up, he has a fun energy. In fact, let's stick with him, in a show that also has another connection to the previous:

Snarky

Babar

Quote from: Snarky on Mon 19/12/2022 18:56:49Always happy to see Dillahunt pop up, he has a fun energy. In fact, let's stick with him, in a show that also has another connection to the previous:

I have almost certainly seen this specific scene, and considering your mention of a 'connection', even though it doesn't fit at all with the shot (although it does more with the second), I'm going to guess: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Snarky

Yep yep yep. Another time-travel show, with Dillahunt in the (T1) Arnold-analogue role. I suspect the fantasy movie playing on TV (his Terminator character takes on the identity of a B-movie actor) is in part a wink at Conan.

As I recall it was surprisingly decent.

Babar

It was, and I was sad it ended up going off the rails (I think Garbage ended up being a terminator?) and then being cancelled.
Still got a few time travel shows up my sleeve, but someone else can take my turn for now.

TheFrighter

What are you waiting?

_

Snarky

Oh wow, I was way off! I somehow got it into my head that it was a sitcom I vaguely recalled about two tacky (Florida?) women, and I was trying to remember the name of it.

It's GLOW, of course. Good show!

(If someone else wants to have a go, you can take my turn, so it's not just a back-and-forth.)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk