Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

Nope.

Clue: it was one of a popular series of games featuring the same character on the 8-bit computers.

TGames

Kweepa

Non-Spectrum palette...
Platformer...
8x8 tiles...
Trees...
Auf Weidersehen Monty.
Looks like the C16 version.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

CaptainD

Quote from: Kweepa on Thu 27/04/2017 00:37:00
Auf Weidersehen Monty.

Correct on both counts!!  Nicely done.

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 27/04/2017 09:27:10
Quote from: Kweepa on Thu 27/04/2017 00:37:00
Auf Weidersehen Monty.

Correct on both counts!!  Nicely done.

And only a little bit scary... (laugh)

Kweepa

:=
Oh no, now I have to come up with something.

[imgzoom]http://www.kweepa.org/step/ags/namethegame01.png[/imgzoom]

Amayirot Akago

Ultima Underworld 2?
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Kweepa

Absolutely, yes. A classic!

Amayirot Akago

And as usual I've never even played it  :=

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/m8rPtTV.jpg[/imgzoom]
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Mandle

I was gonna guess a TMNT game until I zoomed to x4 and took a closer look (laugh)

Amayirot Akago

That is indeed not it. Since this is a hard one I'll give a hint: PC and PS1 game.

Mandle

Sigh... this thread needs a layman-friendly round every now and then where the walking game encyclopedias sit on their hands and just chuckle when people get it wrong... (laugh)

Danvzare

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 28/04/2017 03:54:09
Sigh... this thread needs a layman-friendly round every now and then where the walking game encyclopedias sit on their hands and just chuckle when people get it wrong... (laugh)
Am I right in thinking that Amayirot Akago and Atavismus are these "walking dame encyclopedias" you speak of? (laugh)

Metal Slug?

Mandle

Quote from: Danvzare on Fri 28/04/2017 12:17:10
Am I right in thinking that Amayirot Akago and Atavismus are these "walking dame encyclopedias" you speak of? (laugh)

Well, I'm not quite sure about how knowledgable they are concerning the ladies, but they sure do know a hell of a lot about games!

Atavismus

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 28/04/2017 13:07:04

Well, I'm not quite sure about how knowledgable they are concerning the ladies, but they sure do know a hell of a lot about games!
Lad... what? It's on console right? I know only Amiga and some old stuffs.
For others inquiries, please refer to Encyclopedia Akagis written by Professor Emeritus Amayirot.
;)

Danvzare

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 28/04/2017 13:07:04

Ha ha ha! (laugh)
Oh my, I can't believe I didn't notice that typo. Ha ha!

Atavismus

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 28/04/2017 03:54:09
(wrong) It's not Metal Slug. (wrong)
Ooops...
:D

Amayirot Akago

Alright then, I won't post the most recent games I've been playing anymore from now on (laugh)

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/78KErdS.jpg[/imgzoom]

Hint: Title has two words. First word: someone who works for an agency. Second word: famous astronaut.

Mandle

Agent Armstrong?

Wow...that was so dumbed down that even maybe I got it!

CaptainD

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 28/04/2017 15:39:37
Agent Armstrong

Don't be silly, it's Operative Aldrin.  Or possible Master Spy Gagarin.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk