Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

OneDollar

That's the one! Your turn again.

CaptainD

Okay this might be obscure or really easy, I'm not sure...  remember playing this some years ago when it became freeware, fun and somewhat odd game.

[imgzoom]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/If10V2pO0TY_srJ1rFfhE1vGyqQwCW22OfiixDjtIoAr=w640-h480-no[/imgzoom]

Amayirot Akago

Eye Of The Kraken. Though I must admit I cheated by Googling for Aboubakar's Cabin :=
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

CaptainD

Well... I think I can let you off cheating on this one occasion! :grin:  Your go!

Amayirot Akago

Alrighty, here's another slightly obscure one.

Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

CaptainD

Dunno... unless they made a game version of Treasure Planet?

Cassiebsg

Could it be Atlantis?
I seem to remember some flying ships on that game. Though, this screenshot seems to have poorer graphics... (roll)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Amayirot Akago

Nope on both counts.

Cassiebsg

It still looks like a flying ship... so maybe... Discworld: Noir? (the scene reminds me of the flying turtle, and I remember ships in Noir - though I haven't actually finished the game, so maybe there is no such scene. (roll) ). 
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Amayirot Akago

I wouldn't know either, and in any case, it's wrong.

Suppose I might throw you a bone and give a hint: the game is based on a series of novels.

Grim

Amayirot Akago

Amayirot Akago

Still nothing? Alright, another hint, then. The game's name starts with a D.

Grim

Amayirot Akago

Another no.

It's a fantasy setting with elves, dwarves, humans, etc.

I suppose I might as well fire up another screenshot that's maybe a bit more indicative of the rest of the game.

Gribbler

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: Gribbler on Wed 17/06/2015 19:48:00
Deathgate?
We have a winner! := Didn't think this one would be so tough. Go right ahead, sir. You've earned it.

Gribbler

I give my turn to whoever is willing to take it.

alphadalekben

Is this technically cheating?

EDIT: Bonus points for both names. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk