Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Sat 02/04/2016 13:02:46
this is a different Ant Attack from the classic C64/Spectrum game; this one's a shareware title for DOS.

Ah, well that figures :grin:

Cassiebsg

Okay, an easy one, so I clipped it... (nod)

Spend many hours playing this... never finished it... if it was even possible to finish... (roll)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

selmiak

looks very speccy-ish, no idea what it is though.

Gribbler

Man, zoom it at least :)

Danvzare

A hint, or another screenie would also be nice. :-D
There's just too little to go on.

Although that screenie does kinda looks like it's part of a cutscene where the Washington Monument is slowly rising from the horizon. I could be wrong though, because as I said, there's too little to go on.

Cassiebsg

Okay, I thought it would be an instant "it's ...!!!" (nod)

Posting the full screen then:
[IMGzoom]http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww258/Cassiebsg/Misc/something2.gif[/IMGzoom]

Sorry about the no zoom, I keep forgetting. Added to this one though.

Amayirot Akago

It's Jetpac!!! ...Right?
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Crimson Wizard

Darn, I knew that from the first screenshot, but was not on forums to answer :).

Cassiebsg

Yup, it's Jetpac :)

Sorry CW, I knew it was easy... ;)

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Amayirot Akago

Interesting answer, but no.

Atavismus

CaptainD

Quote from: Atavismus on Sun 03/04/2016 21:32:50
Captain Blood?

Honestly that one had crossed my mind too, but I wasn't aware it had ever made it to the Speccy.  (Off to look it up now! :-D)

Atavismus

Quote from: CaptainD on Sun 03/04/2016 21:51:32
Honestly that one had crossed my mind too, but I wasn't aware it had ever made it to the Speccy.  (Off to look it up now! :-D)
Maybe it's an obscure clone hehe
But if it's Captain Blood, I give you my turn CaptainD (I have no game in mind at the moment).
Captain for Captain! ^^

Amayirot Akago

Yep, it is Captain Blood, and yep, it's on Speccy; figured I'd stick with the theme. Good job ;)

Danvzare

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that "Kung Fu" is probably in the name somewhere.

AnasAbdin

CaptainD

@Danzvare - hehe, wondered if that would fool some people.
@Anas - Yup!  Awesome game, really loved it, one of the few true 128K Speccy games.  Took a full 5 minutes to load! :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk