Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Amayirot Akago

Undercover Brother?

(oh wait, that should go in the movie thread :P )
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Mandle

Hehe...Keep trying...

Creamy

QuoteDunno why, but the art style reminds me of AprilSkies...
Just what I thought. Unfortunately he didn't take part in the Hendrix MAGS.

Mandle

Hint: I cropped the main character out of the picture ;)

Cassiebsg

3 Man and a Guitar? ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Mandle

Quote from: Adeel on Fri 17/06/2016 21:49:04
Dunno why, but the art style reminds me of AprilSkies...

:shocked:

CaptainD

Mandle, you seem to have everyone stumped... perhaps time for another screenie?

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Tue 21/06/2016 21:47:52
Mandle, you seem to have everyone stumped... perhaps time for another screenie?

As requested:

CaptainD

I think Adeel's hunch about the artist was right - that looks like Andrea's style all right, from Donald Dowell.

I'll pass my turn to Adeel though (assuming I'm right of course!).

Mandle

Yes...the game was Donald Dowell...a game that holds a HUGE room in my heart as it was the first game I spent hundreds of hours on doing the english language editing...

And not only that: It's one of the best free games to ever come out on the AGS engine!!! Get it or regret it!

Oh, and by the way...The next game I spent even more hundreds of hours editing was "Tales"...

Which I hear is approaching its final release!!! Get excited or regretcxited (UMMMMM....??? )...

So...over to Adeel...

Adeel

Thanks, guys. But I had already googled the image when I was getting the strong vibes of Andrea's signature style. As such, I had already known that this game was Donald Dowell (a game I had been meaning to play for a long time and even carry it with myself on my USB flash drive). I refrained from further posting because of the obvious reasons.

As such, I feel that I really don't deserve the turn. With feelings of gratitude, I'd like Dave to take his rightful turn. :)

CaptainD

Thought I'd choose something topical... 8-0

Danvzare

CaptainD

Nope (I like how that would be seen as topical though! :grin:).

Mandle

"No Fighting In The War Room!" :-D

Adeel

Since there's word 'Radiation' in the screenshot, I'll throw my wild and blind guesses of 'Fallout' and 'Wasteland'. ;)

CaptainD

@Mandle - no, it's not a computer game adaptation of Dr Strangelove!
@Adeel - nope, neither of those.

I did choose a slightly trickier screenshot, but... the clue is there.  There's a bit clue in terms of...

Spoiler
what part of the world the map is showing
[close]

Danvzare

Hmm, it's showing Europe, and is supposed to be topical. So I'm guessing it has something to do with Europe, because of the whole EU referendum thing that happened in Britain recently.
I don't know any games that are specifically about the EU or Europe though.

So instead I'm going to ask if it's Battleships?

CaptainD

Not battleships... you're right that it's about Europe, in fact (huge hint) that's in the title.  This is the sequel to another strategy game that also had Europe in its title.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk