Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Danvzare

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 01/08/2016 01:01:07
But damn man: 2 minutes? It took me longer than that to find, save and upload the image... :P
I'm surprised it didn't take him one minute. That game is the Casablanca or Wizard of OZ of the video game world.
If you've never played the original Deus Ex, then you can't call yourself a true gamer, at least in my opinion.

Best game ever. Probably not my most favourite game ever (even though it definitely gets in the top ten somewhere), but definitely the best game ever made.

Mandle

Okay, cheers Atavismus...here's another fairly easy one (from one of the most gorgeous-looking adventure games ever):

[imgzoom]http://i66.tinypic.com/2wmdv2b.jpg[/imgzoom]

nihilyst

Is that Oxenfree?

Mandle

nihilyst

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

nihilyst

You crack some kind of safe, but it's not Safecracker.

Mandle

Kumpel

Or one of the "Thief" games?

CaptainD

Quote from: Kumpel on Tue 02/08/2016 13:48:02
Or one of the "Thief" games?

Oops I think that's what I meant when I said "Stealth"! (roll)

nihilyst

Mandle got it. It's The Room.

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

nihilyst

Mandle

WOOT! I played The Room on my mate's iPad on the way back from volunteer work in Fukushima after the tsunami. We were travelling along the expressway in a heavy blizzard with an under-experienced driver who was fishtailing the van and overcompensating constantly. Then she missed the exit to the rest area where we could have changed to a better driver and we had to wait another 15 kms until we could be out of danger.

I mention all this because The Room saved me from having several heart attacks. I just kept playing it from beginning to end and kept telling myself that I would be alright because I was in The Room, not in a car sliding out of control on the packed snow, and it worked!

Here's the next one:

Danvzare

Looks vaguely like an AGS game. I can't say which though. :-\

CaptainD

Quote from: Danvzare on Wed 03/08/2016 14:32:44
Looks vaguely like an AGS game. I can't say which though. :-\

Yeah it's... it's... it's... gah.  Book of something or Curse of something?  D'oh... I'm sure I played this a few months back but can't get the name into my head.

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Wed 03/08/2016 14:45:27
Yeah it's... it's... it's... gah.  Book of something or Curse of something?  D'oh... I'm sure I played this a few months back but can't get the name into my head.

Not even close my good fellow...

Mandle

Here's another screenie:

Quote from: Danvzare on Wed 03/08/2016 14:32:44
Looks vaguely like an AGS game.

It is an AGS game...In fact...one of the best AGS games I've ever played...

Cassiebsg

Adventure Island?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk