Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

CaesarCub

After doing the logic thing, searching through all C16 games ever made, I think I found it...

Robo Knight?

CaptainD

Yup, RoboKnight!  For some reason I've never forgotten this game. ;-D

Your turn!

CaesarCub

Ok, this one is easy, so I'm cropping it some:

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/QLcMONq.png?1[/imgzoom]

Gilbert

CaesarCub

Technically it's the sequel, Ai Cho Aniki, but yeah, you are correct.

Shame, I wanted to get to post more of it's art, it's so original.

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/T0b0SYs.png?1[/imgzoom]

Danvzare

Ah, I've seen that game before.
I'm still not sure if it's a serious game or an attempt at satire. Either way, talk about the second gayest game I've ever seen.

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: Danvzare on Wed 14/09/2016 13:21:10
Ah, I've seen that game before.
I'm still not sure if it's a serious game or an attempt at satire. Either way, talk about the second gayest game I've ever seen.
What was the first?
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Gilbert

The original Cho Aniki for PCE was actually more or less a port/homage/re-imaging/spiritual-successor/parody/whatever of Gynoug for the Mega Drive. They were made by the same people, but for some reason they added an intentionally lame plot to it and it worked, making it into a series, with weirder and weirder sequels. For example, Ai Cho Aniki is the first sequel (also for PCE), which instead of an ordinary shooter, they hyped up the gaybody-building aspect and introduced features like command driven special moves (think Street Fighter). The other games in the series just looked crappier (VERY probably intentional as well) and crappier (for example the games for the PS and Saturn used digitised graphics like Mortal Kombat).

Okay. Next!
[imgzoom]http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr249/gilbot/space_tmnt_zpsndcvmm00.png[/imgzoom]
(Cropped)

CaptainD

Apart from it looking like a horizontal shooter, I really have no idea.

Gilbert

You're on the right track though.

Just to make life easier. This game was on the same platform as the last entry, and unlike the last one, (I think) this was released also in the west, and had connection to a certain big name, so it should be a relatively easy guess despite the obscurity of the game.

Amayirot Akago

Syd Mead's Terraforming. Never knew before that he worked on any games for the Japanese market.
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Gilbert

Correct!

Just passed by his page in Wikipedia. Seems that he's involved in much more design works than one could expect.

Your turn.

Amayirot Akago

[imgzoom]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57502026/whatareyedoininmahswamp.png[/imgzoom]

Alright, have another cropped screenie of a guilty pleasure of mine ;)

Mandle

Harvest Moon?

(Yes, I'm gonna keep guessing that until one day it's right...)

CaptainD

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 15/09/2016 10:16:36
Harvest Moon?

Harvest Moon is to Mandle what Blade Runner is to Ponch...

AnasAbdin

something star war-esh... ugggghh

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 15/09/2016 10:16:36
Harvest Moon?

Well, today is not that day, I'm afraid ;)
Quote from: AnasAbdin on Thu 15/09/2016 10:29:15
something star war-esh... ugggghh
Ooooh, very close, just gotta narrow it down a bit.

CaptainD

As it's clearly an older game, perhaps Return of the Jedi? 

Amayirot Akago

Nope, it's not directly related to any of the movies.

Mandle

That's Not A Harvest Moon!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk