Sam and Max 2 Cancelled! (Not Anymore)

Started by magintz, Wed 03/03/2004 19:13:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Airborne

Quote from: Jet X.L. on Mon 08/03/2004 08:54:25
Most Game reporters are at least 25 years old. They are in an age categorie that doesnt buy games. The age categorie that does buy a lot of games are teenagers.
25 year old gamers have grown up with adventure games and know sam and max was a great game, while a 15 year old has not.

I'm 31 and I still BUY games.

Quote from: Jet X.L. on Mon 08/03/2004 08:54:25
Another thing: I dont copy games, I buy the original. But most of you dont. You burn them on cd after Harry the hacker made a crack for it.
I think its hard to believe that everybody would BUY sam&max2.
That one really offended me.  Yeah, I'd like to say YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE who REALLY buy games in this world.  Now go buy more flooding SW games and stupid 3D shooters.  All in all, it looks like you're trying to offend every single person here....

Good luck my friend, and you need it.

jetxl

I should know better and not react, but...
How many people (30+) do you know that buy games as well?
How many teens do you know that play adventure games as well? (real life friends, not forum members)

I'm not saying that there are no 30 year olds that buy games, but they are RARE!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not saying that there are no 15 year olds that play adventure games, but they are RARE!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not saying that EVERYBODY copys games, but the people that don't are RARE!!!!!!!!!!

GO FLAME SOME BURGERS.

Layabout

the majority of intelligent people who play games would have started out when adventures were popular. Many poeple who play adventures like many kinds of games, be it fps, rpg, adventure, sports, driving, action whatever....

They just dont focus their lives around shooting people in video games, they like variety, like me.
I am Jean-Pierre.

Nacho

If DG's last post was directed to me, my agreement with SSH was just about his personal opinnion about which films are good, and which not.

That doens't mean that I disagree with Daniel... I understood his Disney/Lucas analogy.

Lucas and Disney were unique, the bests, the reference... and now they just make occassional good releases.

(And, as I don't want to start a flamed discussion, Ok, I admitt that Sierra games jeopardized a little/a lot with Lucas'...)
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

MrColossal

"I should know better and not react, but..."

no you should react. you posted other people had a problem with it, ignoring them makes you look like a troll, post once anger people and never look back.

the gaming indusrty made something like 2 billion dollars last year which was more than the movie industry...

so if the people who buy games are so rare, where is the industry getting all this money? Is it all just a front for the mafia?

and what are you talking about bloody noobs? Dragonrose is a noob? Kiniko, me? We're noobs?

edit: hehe and I know you don't like me mentioning anything about your freedom of speech avatars and all that Jet... but your dancing maid avatar is half a meg. That has to be hell for people with dialup. Would you say that's a good reason to swap it for something smaller?
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

modgeulator

Check out the new screenshots at: http://adventure-treff.de/images/galerie.php?ort=screenshots&galerie=52
If this game was half as fun as Hit the Road and looks like that, I can't imagine any 15 year olds not wanting to play it if they just spent about 5 minutes with a demo or something.

DGMacphee

Farl: Nah, it more so started with Trumgottist's reply -- I think he missed my point and it kinda built fromt here.

So, I had to get a little more in-depth with what I meant.

Granted, some releases that Disney and LucasArts do are good, but they don't compare with their past releases.

For example, I'm sure Lilo & Stitch is a good movie but it's hard to match it against Snow White or Mary Poppins.

They did hit a smaller peak with their releases from The Little Mermaid to Lion King, but they still pale in comparison to the peak of their older movies.

Same with LucasArts: I appreciate some of their new Star Wars releases, but I'd rather play Monkey Island or Sam n Max.

And as I said before, a lot of the real talent behind LucasArts and Disney have left.

Now, both are just trying to make profitable products, rather than trying to make unique games/films.
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

I eat butter

MrColossal. You're scary. Your avatar is scary and too sexy.

I also viewed your last 50 posts and came to the conclusion that you are FULL OF HATE and TAKE THING FAR TO PERSONAL.
GET SOME HELP!

I can't believe that a person that spreads this much hate and anger is a Moderator!
Soldiers are skilled to do the unthinkable.
Politicians are skilled to let someone else do the unthinkable.

jetxl

1.The reason I don't want to react, is because I'll get into a useless discussion, where there is nothing to discuss because we agree. Like in dg and farl case, where they misunderstood eachother, and post to correct and explain themselves. <-edited to correct and explain myself

2.I don't know if you mean the GAME industry or the SOFTWARE industry that makes billions.(conferm?)

3a.I was talking about airborn and deathlog. They don't know me and have mistaken my post.

3b.I love games and love adventure games even more. But the most people I know, don't know Sam & Max or even Monkey Island!!! When I got monkey island 3 for my bithday (I pointed it out), NOBODY knew the game (all age groups). A guy in my group (19yr), plays network games all day, but thinks "adventure game" is the same as "RPG". Surely, this happened to other forum members as well?

4.I know my avatar is to big. But every frame (144) has been copied, resized so it would fit (There were credits on the right side of the screen and karaoke subtitles underneath), and put in animation. More people get a faster connection, and the image is downloaded only once...
STILL, I am looking for a different avatar, k?

DGMacphee

Quote from: Jet X.L. on Wed 24/03/2004 11:44:34
1.The reason I don't want to react, is because I'll get into a lame discussion. Like in dg and farl case.

At least we can talk peacefully and make sensible comments in our lame discussions.

Nacho

It is pretty obvious that DG and me had differences in the past... But I feel that he's a guy I could go with to take a beer and have a good time if we avoid political matters.

I am ashamed by the way the previous political discussion ended in a lame flame war about the Phil Roberts' wellcome back thread, but, whereas the previous apology on the political thread didn't actually worked, I think that the latest war brought a new era of mutual understanding based on avoiding some issues.

I can say I respect DG... He claimed that war was no good... I thought that a war at time could save lifes, now I see I was wrong.

Now I see that discussing about war and human beings' lifes is tricky, it's too sensitive and brings to passionate feelings. that's why DG and me argued.

Where's the problem? He hasn't came back claiming he was right or claiming for a trophy... We'd behaved as fools, but we're taking it in a quite mature way nowadays, I think...

Whereas you're facing half of the community for keeping a horrible and annoying signature.

Whereas the respect you have to other members who can't browser easily the forums has been shown by having a 1/2 meg signature...

DG and me had a discussion because we were discussing about which was the best was to make the World better... You're discussion with many others because they're not so good VideoGame players as you are. I think there's no discussion here of here who is the lamest.

And "You eat butter"  :) I don't think Mr. Colossal is full of anger... He is a moderator. He has shown before that he is less reactive and many of us, I think he's managing quite well... I don't know if you're joking, but some jokes can work as firewood for a flame war.

DGMacphee

Farl, I think he was talking about the stuff in this thread.

Jet, what's so lame about posting to correct one's self?

Nacho

Quote from: DGMacphee on Wed 24/03/2004 13:23:55
Farl, I think he was talking about the stuff in this thread.

I assumed he was talking to the best show of lameness that involved both of us, the flame war "PhilRoberts2000" thread.

(We had many others shows, but separatelly... ;D)

So... If he was refering to THIS thread... I am shocked...  ???

Where in this thread have us been lame??? I just wanted to make clear in which part of some posts I agreed with and in which not, and you gently replied making clear to who you were talking about... I can't understand...

Well...

Here is the list of games I bought last year (Just to make clear that it is not only Jet X.L. the only and pure guy who buys games): Patrician III. Madden 2004, Fifa 2004, Star Wars KOTOR, Spiderman the movie, Lara Croft TRAOD, and a collection of good old games; Star Wars clone campaigns and the expansion, resident evil, dino crisis and Alone in the Dark 4.

EDIT: Ohhh... I've read the thread again, and yes, JET X.L. was talking to the stuff in this thread. (The problem is that I tend just to read posts that I think are going to be interessant, that's why I avoided JET X.L's one, reading just the quote in Daniel's, which I carefully read...)

BTW, I think I can keep my oppinions pretty well... Threads change constantly, why has JET X.L. choosen us as an example of bad posting?

Is it a problem of bandwith? Have us wasted valuable space making posting twice to make clear some points? That's fucking funny coming from a guy who has a half meg avatar!  ;D

jetxl

Example:
There is a green pen on a desk. I ask someone to give me the black pen, because the green pen has black ink. At that moment, there are 10 people yelling at me, saying I'm dumb, colorblind and that they have lost there respect for me. Now I'm exlpaining that the green pen has black ink and that I need a pen with black ink, but they're not listening because the're buzy yelling at me. Other people mengle in the comotion and think that I've mistaken the green for a black pen (green can have that effect). They're telling me that that's a green pen. I yell back at them that it's a black pen because it has black ink. They are offended because of the tone I said it, and may argue that a green pen with black ink is still a green pen. BUT the only thing I want is my black pen. Why can't I have my black pen, instead of having to defent myself for any fisical attacks.
(the black pen is my misunderstood oppinion)

MrCollossal is picking on me, that is clear. He would say, it is his right of freedom of speach, and I agree.
I hope MrCollossal won't act like this at mittens because I don't think that other mitteneers would stand for that. If he does, I won't stop him tough.
Farlander, we met at last year mittens and I think you know I wouldn't say thinks just to piss people off (flaming). I have had the same impression of you. But all your posts against me do have flaming content. Same as OSC. He says "No hard fealing", but is scratching open old wounds himself.

But lets get back to the point, I get the green pen with black ink (to) myself and talk about sam&max2. (please)

Airborne

Looks like Jet is also mistaken my point.

I'm not just "pin-point" on adventure games.  I play many different types of games and I have many friends in my age group (25-30) still buy games.  Of cause, I must admit they just play online shooting each other with a FPS (a.k.a. stupid 3D shooter, man I love this term! ;) )  But, nevermind, at least they still buy games.

MrColossal had already pointed out that the gaming industry had produced 2 billions more than movie last year.  If people buying game is rare, what makes such profit and why there still a lot of game developers and publishers out there?  So one last question to Jet:  What makes you so assertive that people buying games is RARE?

I'm not trying to start any flame and I hate people who flame.  But I really offended so I need to say something.  If there are somethings turn you crazy, Jet, I'd really like to appologize for that.

Kinoko

Quote from: I eat butter on Wed 24/03/2004 09:53:43
I can't believe that a person that spreads this much hate and anger is a Moderator!

That's what happens when you're in charge of a lot of people, many of whom are undoubtedly fools and idiots. You become bitter and twisted and cynical, and a much more interesting person ^_^

i agree though, let's not forget why we're all here. For Sam and Max! Those poor defenseless animals...

Airborne

Right Kinoko, let's back to business.

I've checked the petition lately the total signatures had exceed 20000!

Nacho

Coming back to the green ink issue... If we look close to this analogy, we see some interesting facts...

Are you sure that you're talking the correct pen and all the rest of us are wrong? wow...

About the "flaming attitude" I show to you... CJ told "choose wisely which wars do you want to fight"... And you just choosed fighting by keeping a signature that annoys the people and a too heavy avatar. You wonder why people yells at you? I can't talk for the others, but for me all started when you gave the first step consciently annoying people.

We can all annoy the others, we're not Gods. Being in a community necessarily implies pissing it off sometimes, come back crawling and say "I'm sorry". I bothered DG, and Vel, even Mr. Colossal had to act,  but I came back telling "I'm sorry".  I think I assume dmy mistakes pretty well, whereas you seem to be a big head who keeps his oppinion, not matter who you annoy or not.

You claim that you don't post for annoying people.... does that imply that you wouldn't do anything to bother people consciently? Well, I'm happy to read that, because if so, the boobs signature annoys me, ok? It annoys many other people. If your previous thread was true, show it and remove it.

If not, don't claim that you're a person above of the others who do admitt to piss people of, like me.

And, as far as I remember, I don'tremember to had any conversation with you in Mittens, so, don't name our "friendship" to avoid this discussion.

jetxl

Quote from: Airborne on Wed 24/03/2004 14:20:18
I'm not just "pin-point" on adventure games.  I play many different types of games and I have many friends in my age group (25-30) still buy games.  Of cause, I must admit they just play online shooting each other with a FPS (a.k.a. stupid 3D shooter, man I love this term! ;) )  But, nevermind, at least they still buy games.

MrColossal had already pointed out that the gaming industry had produced 2 billions more than movie last year.  If people buying game is rare, what makes such profit and why there still a lot of game developers and publishers out there?  So one last question to Jet:  What makes you so assertive that people buying games is RARE?

It's good to hear that 30+ still buy and play games. My uncle used to had an old computer. It was the first computer I played on. Space invaders, Frogger and other games... He played them as well, but now he doesn't play computer games no more.

I have no idea where that money is comming from, ALL the software in China is bootleg. And in Slowakia (I think) you can by halflife2 (halflife2 isn't released. The sourcecode was) in the stores. With all those big movies breaking records in the past years I wonder if those figueres are right. Maybe produsing a movie, costs so much more then a game. (senator Arnie asked 40 million for that action flick)

Farlander, your picking a fight. It's so eazy to flame... I don't think you deserve a title like member of the year with posts like this! I don't want a fight, but a pen.
If I change the sig, I'll regret it forever. Because I give up in something I believe in. I'm not dence, I'm always open for new ideas. But I will not give in into your terrorising actions. And it IS you who is wrong. Not your opinion, but the way you bring it. You're a bad person. Bad thing happen to bad people.
ps. I do remember a conversation. I asked you something and you said"I'm sorry, I don't speak english very well."

Nacho

You still don't stop for a moment and try to think if I am right in some sense, you just reply...

About "Farlander; best member of the year"  :P;
It is curious, you are arguing with DG, Mr. Colossal and me, 5 forego awards against 0 (you). Never during this thread have passed for your mind the remote, minimal, millionesimal possiblity that we're right, and you not?

But well, I think it's time for a retreat, as long as my oppinions and your are clear.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk