Sam and Max 2 Cancelled! (Not Anymore)

Started by magintz, Wed 03/03/2004 19:13:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackthorne

I don't know what everyone's bitching about.

I LOVE their Star Wars games!  :o

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

Scummbuddy

we're bitching because the cancellation of this game marked the end of an era. The end of the LucasArts games that half of the agsers grew up and loved. No more adventures in the style that we loved from the company we grew up with. That is what we are bitching about. We're bitching about Star Wars because they are a money hungry conglomorate that doesn't show any consideration for its now dwindling fan base. I too, really liked KOTOR, but that wasnt even a LucasArts inhouse development. They are becoming more of a publisher, and not their good old self.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

modgeulator

Quote from: Blackthorne519 on Tue 17/08/2004 06:21:55
I LOVE their Star Wars games!Ã,  :o

Are you on a "Quest for Infamy?"

Pelican

Ahhhh!!!!!

How can I ever hope to fuel my adventure game addiction, when even Lucasarts lets us down?

All I can say is: bugger.

modgeulator

These guys might also be worth watching. I don't think they've been mentioned on this forum before. They're all ex-LucasArts employees and were working on "Sam 'n' Max: Freelance Police."

QuoteWe're currently in the process of acquiring several creative properties as well as developing our own.

Who knows what properties these could be. We can only hope. Might be some short Sam 'n' Max "episodes," might be something else entirely. Looks promising either way.

Kweepa

Thanks for that link. Quite interesting!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Tardmaster

Why dont you guys make a game together and make it cooler than the Lucas arts people and their crappy star wars games!

~~~~~TaRdMaStEr~~~~~~~~

BadassBunny

we could call it "sam and max - freelance police  - the game that never happend" and we could make all 2d like the first one and could constantly move the hosting so lucas arts didn't try to shut us down for being a fangame

Raider

DeviantGent

That's an idea... but I don't honestly think the whole 'LucasArts' shutting fangames down thing is an issue anymore. There's at least 3 Star Wars projects going on Fangames.co.uk (the site LucasArts targeted), and so far they've been completly untouched.
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

Secret Fawful

BlackMan890

damn damn damn... and more damn

i really liked lucasart's adventuregames, this company gave me the interest of adventure games

i am 15 years old and i have been playing adventuregames all my life

i loved it when mi 1 & 2 became abandonware, i had a really enjoyable time playing these games but now i am really ANGRY
Jonatan Nilsson
860 Iceland

Please go to www.simnet.is/elinnils52 and download my non ags/adventure game :)

MrColossal

blackman, there is no such thing as abandoneware, you stole those games. Just so you know.
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Sam.

this has been suggested so many times. i just dont think, without the original writers it could be possible to find a perfect mix of the humour that s&m produced.
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

Mr Jake

I didnt like Sam and Max all that much, it was ok but a little bit Over The Top

Privateer Puddin'

That was the beauty of it though :D

Nacho

About abandonware, just one thingie... I bought MI 1 and 2, and 3... but the floppies of the two first games have been "dissolved" in some way, they don't work (They're quite old...) So, I get them abandonware.

I don't feel guilty for that, but I just wanted to ask your opinion.

And... is there a way to protect the olf floppies from the action fo the age?
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Kweepa

Farl, that depends.
Did you buy them with the understanding that they didn't work? If so, then you shouldn't pirate them.
If you bought them new, then you're good. Maybe not legally, but morally.

To protect old floppies, keep copying them. Or store them in a rarified nitrogen atmosphere at 12 centigrade.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

BlackMan890

i wanted to own mi 1, 2 and 3 on cd(not a pack with all these games) i looked and damn it's hard to get mi1 or mi2
Jonatan Nilsson
860 Iceland

Please go to www.simnet.is/elinnils52 and download my non ags/adventure game :)

Pft!

Well, I dont think Sam & Max 2 would have done too well, because S&M1 was very crappy. Bad interface, graphics were okay and the plot sucked but thats just me. I love all of their Star Wars title and I waiting for the sequel to Knight of the Old Republic. Amazing game.  8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk