The AGS Stickam Room

Started by Haddas, Wed 05/03/2008 17:14:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

'kay then, since we're all crazy lunatics and have no idea what to do apart from making games ;D the next SHAG will be tomorrow- Saturday, 14.00 GMT. Give and take a little. Rules will be up soonish. Expect somethin' juicy.

voh

But, before the next SHAG, here's my game once more, but this time it's finished :D

Short, single-puzzle, and not all that inventive, but hey, I'm just glad I finished a game :D

Wizard Hangover ExtreamZz!!

Wheeeee!
Still here.

Ghost

Today, at 14:00 GMT, yours truly will host a SHAG over at stickam- and I hope you'll all come, as promised yesterday  ;D

I'll briefly cover the rules for this one because a) it makes it easier for you to get into the mood and b) I am dead bored, and all my fishies are currently breeding.

The Theme
Ghost's Simplistic Story Machine

How it works
It's really simple. I will provide a set of 8 sprites, as could well be part of any adventure game. You know, that stuff you sooner or later put into your inventory- keys, stepladders,
giant Q-tips and so on. I will upload this set of sprites here.

Each of you selects 3 images, and bases a game on them. For example, if you chose "cheese", "chainsaw" and "old sponge", you could make a simple game about some
guy making a fake sandwich to trick some random victim. You do not need to use the actual images as game sprites, but it should be clear that they gave you the idea.

In addition to that, you need to use one of the images that you didn't use as an inspiration as an inventory item- you can simply use the image I provided, or make your own version. This inventory item needs to have a relevant role in the game.

Time Frame
As always, we will stick to our shedule. The SHAG started at 14:30 GMT, and will end at 15:30 GMT. We allow you to have a "true" hour to work on your game, and some additional time to get the sprites, upload the game, go to the bathroom, and everything.

Uploads
Zip you "compiled" folder with all the necessary files and load it up- mediafire and rapidshare are good places. ZIP is the best format since it is the most popular- remember that we all want to play all the games, so stick to ZIP.

Sylvr

Yay thanks for zip!

Setup is included this time  ;D
| Ben304: "Peeing is a beautiful thing, Sylvr" |

voh

Still here.

Akatosh

Buckethead

Ghost

Gold: AKATOSH
Politically incorrect, charming, and full of antropomorphic explosives. There is also
a simple yet convincing morale to the story.

Silver: Voh
With a tight timeframe and a cool use of scaling, this can well be considered the
SHAG equivalent of the Brothers Grim on crack on a bright day, with a chainsaw.

Copper: Sylvr
You can't help but loving this. Rainbows, pie, robot pirates and rubber chickens
all do not appear in this game. Also wins the "I Stick To 2.72" Retro Award,
which is invisible, just as the spider that actually IS in the game.

Plutonium: BucketHead
It has: A completely new interface, background music, hand-drawn graphics and
animated cursors. None of the other games have that. Unfortunately it has only ONE
interaction, and the other games have more. Still, the special award is totally justified
just because of the amount of work and the groovy soundtrack.

Buckethead

I underestimated the difficultness of AGS 3 and how fast an hour goes by. I guess I cant compete with all these SHAG veterans

voh

This is my second time ever with AGS 3, so don't feel discouraged just yet :P
Still here.

Akatosh

Thanks. I knew you'd appreciate the brutality.  ;)

Sylvr

did channel get deleted?
| Ben304: "Peeing is a beautiful thing, Sylvr" |

Akatosh

It's still up and kickin' for me.

Dualnames

Damn I missed Akatosh. Nice trophy Ghost for buckethead.. hahaha.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

bicilotti

Once upon a time there was a prince. The prince wanted cake. But everything he touched turned into gold....
so he made a lot of gold and paid some people to feed him
One day the King started to dislike cake and pie.
And he discovered the wonderful world of toast. So every day he would have toast. Some with jame, some with butter, until one day he decided to try something different on his toast.
He travelled throughout the kingdom looking for something new and tasty to put on his toast, but alas he could not find anything until one day he stumbled into a strange cave. he started bleeding, the cut got infected, and then just before he died of gangerene, he had some on toast. And liked it.

A stickam story, made by (me, boyd, inkoddi, buckethead, indie_boy, space_boy)

Dualnames

There was a Stickam Yahtzee based game voice acted byt the folks here, but you're not enough open minded to accept it.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

space boy

Buckethead

space boy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk