The Explain your Forum Name here...thread.

Started by Tiki, Tue 14/09/2004 02:36:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Calamity

I had been exposed to the word a lot as a kid (what with reading plenty of fantasy novels) and eventually took a liking to it. On another forum I had joined I was trying to think of a name change and after reading The Crucible (don't ever believe someone if they tell you the play sucks ;)) and having a line in the play remind me of my liking of the word I then become Calamity. :D
OwO

Albert Cuandero

...and I was thinking about Calamity Jane when I first read the name... still a really good name!
int do_you_like_me;
if (do_you_like_me == 1) Display ("You can call me Al");
else {}

Calamity

Funny you say that because one of my friends now calls me that (and I quite fancy it).

Guess that makes me a cowgirl. ;D
OwO

Phemar

I think, therefore I am.

I think I am Zor, so therefore I am.

Blame Duke Nukem. Blame him. Blame him hard. My name be Zor because of the GBC version of DN. There were aliens. They were called Zorgonites. For a while that was my name, (from sites such as http://games.com/) which then got shortened to Zorgo, which is pretty gay you must admit. At that time, (around last year sometime,) I was watching reruns of The Office a lot and had that word stuck in my head. I like to play with words and soon Office became Orafice (sp?)(a hole). Naturally I combined both and it became Zoraphus, which I realised was equally as long as Zorgonite. So it became just Zor.

That's my life story.

ghostface

There were gorgonites in small soldiers, yes, not zorgonites, but still...

Don't ask how I know.
"I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory. Lasts forever."

"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Phemar

No... Not the movie Small Soldiers. The gameboy version of Duke Nukem, the aliens were called Zorgonites.

Lazy Z

As you may have already guessed, I'm a lazy person, hence the first part of my nickname. The letter "Z" is a reference to a nickname that my friends use for me; the only thing I'm gonna share about that is that it's derived from my first name and that's that :P.

Some years ago I used to go by "LazyYagami", until I realized that I had become too old to be using a name from King of Fighters.
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borogroves and the mome raths outgrabe.'

Top-5 Games

Ishmael

Zor, I think that hole of yours is "orifice".
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Paper Carnival

I don't think I need to explain mine. I thought when ppl called Threepwood like that in MI was funny, so I used this.

leone

Leone is short for Dr.Leone, and I came up with it when I once played Nick Faldo golf on Amiga 500 with my friends. We were making up our golfer's names and my friend said Al Capone. My turn was next and he suggested Don Corleone. I misheard him and said: 'Yeah, Dr.Leone!'
Mister No is coming

Nine Toes

I've gone through several forum names since I've been here.  I started out as Bodyart, then I got sick of that name and decided to change it to something else.  I was Dr. Jekyll?~MR. HYDE! (to reflect my horrendous mood swings) for a while, but then I simplified it to Mr. Hyde because I just admitted to myself that I am a real jerk most of the time.
Watch, I just killed this topic...

Eigen

My real name - Eigen
Forum name - Eigen

See any connection? Yeah, I know. It's unbeliveable.

Arcangel

Good, first I began as Arcangel but to avoid the confusion with Archangel aka Soup Dragon and  he requested me that if it was possible to change it to avoid the confusion. Since it was a time where it was very active in the forum. From then on I am DarkArcangel that was also used for my many years ago.

Takkar Tekekak

Hmmm... I am a member of an "independant converted religeous organisation" When i was recruited i was told about "being a Ta'akara of Te'e'ehak"
After i was briefed on what the religeon was about "after the basic info anyway" I said. "So if i'm interested in becoming a 'takkar of tekekak' I should just come back?" the guy remembered the name when i joined the other members called me "the takkar of tekekak"
I may not be sane, but at least i'm not a penguin!

viktor

to make a long story short:
When I was born my parent's gave me the name VIKTOR the jongest (there are more than 6 generations of viktors in my famili- my father my grandfather my gretgrand father etc.). I'm wery proud of my name so I just use it on all the forums and such...
signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

bigeshu

Anyone who's played changeling knows where I got my name from, but the story behind goes a bit deeper than that. In high school I had an RP group who played a lot of changeling and I nearly always played either an Eshu (a storyteller go figure) or a Boggan (kindly 'chubby' fae) so my group gave me the nickname "Bigeshu" and it stuck. Of course I also played Satyrs so I was also nicknamed Lustyboggan BUT that didn't sound too good ^_^.

AndersM

'Masse' is what those of my friends calls me that thinks Mansfeldt (my surname) is too long. 'Mr' was added 'cos I'm a man, and 'Masse' alone was occupied in the first community I joined. (I use the same name and password in all communities, 'cos else I can't remember it) So now I'm MrMasse.

DCillusion

5 years ago when the Sega launched "SegaNet" for the Dreamcast, Sega claimed that in the first week they had 100,00 subscribers or something like that.  I HAD to jump on Console internet when it was new so I signed up, (a week after I had heard).  SegaNet, originally, would assign you a user number before you pick a "handle". 

You were assigned in order of signup, (1- a billion etc.). 
I was given #9.......

I thought,  at 21 & coming off the 90's, that DCillusion was poetically ironic.  Now it's just easy to remember.

Sam.

Quote from: bigeshu on Thu 04/11/2004 01:51:26
Anyone who's played changeling knows where I got my name from, but the story behind goes a bit deeper than that. In high school I had an RP group who played a lot of changeling and I nearly always played either an Eshu (a storyteller go figure) or a Boggan (kindly 'chubby' fae) so my group gave me the nickname "Bigeshu" and it stuck. Of course I also played Satyrs so I was also nicknamed Lustyboggan BUT that didn't sound too good ^_^.

And i thought you were a poor person selling low quality magazines
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

lo_res_man

I am lo_res_man cuz.. well.. i REALLLY like pixel art i am fasinated by the art possibilities of a single pixel. any of you who saw the deputy e.i. charachtor i drew saw my love of this art form. i first got smitten when i played monkey island 2
guybrush looked REALLLy good for 320/200 and so i have dedicated myself to this  resalution
i in fact SEE in 320/200 (lol) ;D
so if i don't see somthing its not that im blinde...
im PIXEL huntin'! ;D ;)
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk