The Explain your Forum Name here...thread.

Started by Tiki, Tue 14/09/2004 02:36:26

Previous topic - Next topic

BerserkerTails

Well, back a LOOONG time ago, I was known as Ater. I still go by it quite a bit when I need to name characters (IE: my character in KOTOR was named Ater). I got that one by mispelling "Al" (My real name is Allister) when typing in a saved game name in "Ecoquest 2". I sitll don't know how I did it, but I did.

Then one time I signed up for this forum (I can't remember what one it was) and I signed up as Ater. Then, I lurked for a few months, and then stopped going all together for a few months.

Deciding to give this whole "Forum" thing another try, I went to log in as Ater. But I had forgotten my password! So I made a new account, this time the name came from "Clerks". It was "Berserker37", which is a combination of the song "Berserker" sung in the movie, and Dante's girlfriend's "Lucky Number".

Then, I while back, I joined a Sonic community. Instead of staying with Berserker37, I decided to combine it with my favorite character from the series. Hence, BerserkerTails was born. BTails, BT, it's a pretty good name. I like it.

Story end.
I make music.

Einoo

Well, see, when I was young, I used to shout out the nonsense word, "Oonie!" a lot. I said it so many times that it stuck. Then, I got onto another site and decided I could  be called "Oonie", but I had outgrown that, and although nobody would tell, I didn't want to look childish. So instead, I spelled "Oonie" backwards! Brilliant!  ::)
Now let's find out if gasoline is flammable!

BlackMan890

well, my is simple, i used the name Blackman890 a lot (often called black man among the others ;))
but then i wanted to change, and i changed into the person in my favorite book serie

[offtopic]
i have noticed now that many user use a combination of a character in a book serie ::)
Jonatan Nilsson
860 Iceland

Please go to www.simnet.is/elinnils52 and download my non ags/adventure game :)

Ishmael

Btw. "Eino" is a Finnish male name...

Connection to a book? Hmmm... Don't look at me, never read any of 'em.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Indie Boy

Well I really hate harry potter (long story) and ive been called that ever since to anoy me but I think Potter is a cool name ;D so ive been called that ever since the 1st book was ever made so thats about 4 odd years now :o. lol. Im also called pottypotter but that is for a total different reason  :P
I won't use this login.
Try IndieBoy instead

You really hate Harry Potter..... so your forum name is potter?

Indie Boy

Its second nature for me to anwser Potter than my real name Robert
even my teachers at school call me Potter
I won't use this login.
Try IndieBoy instead

HeirOfNorton

My screen name refers to Norton I of San Francisco, Emperor of the United States and protector of Mexico. I consider myself his rightful heir and sovereign ruler of America, and one day I shall reclaim my empire.

(For those of you from across a border or an ocean, don't worry. I will be a benevolent monarch and shall consider war a last resort when there is no other possibility for peace, unlike the current pretender to the throne. My predecessor is one of the few emperors, if not the only one in all of history, to never oppress, enslave, or cause the death of any living person, and I shall model my reign on his supreme example.)

HoN

Coochy

hedgefield

I signed up for a hotmail account many years ago, and I wanted to use the name of my favourite movie character of all time (well ok maybe not): The Predator!
But ofcourse that was already registered, and hotmail gave me a few random choices. One of them was LargoPredator, and since I like the comic Largo Winch, I thought "Heck, I'll take it".

Arboris

in 1998 I got my first own computer, and my friends thought it would be nice to throw a lan-party because of it. When we were playing Baldurs Gate everybody used their nicks, accept me. So I decided I needed one too. I looked around me and saw one of my comic books lying wich had printed "arboris" on it (the publisher of the book) Wich means something like "of the tree" in latin I believe (or atleast in I thought it meant that back then) And since my team color always was green I thought it would fit nicely.

And they all lived happily ever after...

Concept shooter. Demo version 1.05

BMF-Inc

I'm BMF-inc....The name of my game and cartoon company, which stands for Bogus Meat Factory Incorporated...creators of crap since nineteen eighty three. We wanted it to be something different...Use the three letters to form a very verbosely evil sentence..We had a hit rap song that rang through the nation because of it....you should definatly hear it......for it....is the greatest......song....in the world!

Ishmael

Quote from: BMF-Inc on Mon 10/01/2005 23:09:42We had a hit rap song that rang through the nation because of it....you should definatly hear it......for it....is the greatest......song....in the world!

BLEH!
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Moox

Arboris is the ablative plural case of arbor which is tree in latin. Cornelia et Flavia sub arbore sedet et video marcus cadit in piscinam!

Babar

Cornelia and Flavia were seen seducing each other under the tree? :P
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Moox

Close but its:

Cornelia and Flavia sit under the tree and watch Marcus fall in to the fishpond.

Domino

Foget-Aboudit!!

I changed back to Dark of Night.

If it isn't broke, don't fix it!!

Babar

Your name is supposed to reflect your personality? That means you are a back stabbing police officer who sneaks around with a knife? :P
And Lost, you put marcus in lower case at the beginning which confused me into thinking it was a word. How could you!
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Etcher Squared Games

As a child I wasn't able to speak all too well.Ã,  My motor mouth skills (said it that way on purpose) weren't very well developed.

So, some things came out weird, very weird.

"Air conditioner"Ã,  I dunno why. I had trouble saying that.Ã,  It came out "etcher etcher"Ã,  (pronounced eh-cher eh-cher)

So, my bigger brother naturally made fun of me about this....

Forward many years later.

My brother and I are discussing making games and such.Ã,  He made me promise, remembering my speech problems of many years ago, to call my "company" Etcher Etcher.

Well, now that I discovered AGS I figured I'd keep to my promise, but I decided to add a twist.Ã,  Instead of Etcher Etcher, I figured I'd make it sound "cool" by added a 2X or something like that and finally decided on squared and came up with
"Etcher Squared Games"

and that's my silly story

<edit>
Worm III nickname

there are 3 of us brothers
oldest (Kevin) got a scar on his chest, our mom said "It looks like a worm"
it stuck
Kevin became Worm
Craig became Worm Jr.
I (Bryan) became Worm III
</edit>
email: etcher2games@yahoo.com
forum: http://www.etcher2games.com/forums

Anyone want to make my website for free?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk