The Explain your Forum Name here...thread.

Started by Tiki, Tue 14/09/2004 02:36:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Medical Waste

Uhh, best ever, I don't know about that! But one of my favourites at the moment.
THE PATIENTS ARE REVOLTING

ALPHATT

So let me start:My name is Magyar Vilmos it is a hungarian name
and "vilmos" means: William
Then i thought my nickname have to be William The Conqueror,
but it was too long so  i worte only the initials and the q from Conqueror.
And from this you got: Wtcq :o

You're already sleeping didn't you :)
/sig

Jon

My forum name is Jon. My real name is...Jon ;)

larino87

Well. I played Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic and my character was named Laril. She was my first Star Wars character so I decided I'd use her name with my birthdate November 1987, thus Larino87 was born. yeah
Now I'm your queen... bow down to my queenly queenliness
                  --Libby Folfax

vertigoaddict

My user name is vertigoaddict.

Vertigo= an event in which you suddenly feel dizzy or get a headache.
Addict= a person who feels they cannot stop having something.

Whenever I ge vertigos my vision looks cool! the colours and all become extremely vivid! As a kid I'd like to turn round and round till I get dizzy; nowadays I have this habit of walking in circles whenever I think and I get great ideas (it's like making myself dizzy forces my head to think before it gets a headache)

I'm a vertigoaddict! no, I'm not going to rehab...

Oddysseus

My original name idea was Noobtube, but apparently, that's already a thing.

So, I just took the name of the hero of the Odyssey, and added a 'd,' because everyone knows that purposely misspelling things is what all the cool internet kids are doing nowadays.

Also, it forms the word 'odd,' and everyone also knows that cheesy puns are the one thing KEWLer than intentional misspelling.

Caesi

I named myself "Caesar" in CS (I know - shame on me..) because the name designates power etc.. ;)

Then people kept calling me Caesi, which sounds pretty cute - quite the opposite of what I wished for.. :)

Holocoz

Ughh.. I'm absolutely interested with the Holocaust? Yeah, that's it.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

kuroishin

Kuroishin means, in Japanese, Black and New.
Since 7years ago I changed my life into a whole new thing, I liked Shin as a nick.

Then I discovered that my new life was black, so Kuroishin was better.

Shin

sharksweetheart

I'm not really sure. I like sharks and I thought it was catchy.

Although now I realise it may seem like I have some kind of shark fetish, which was not my intention.  :-X

Sparky

I tend to favor real world names over internet-ey deliberately mis-spelled camelCaps concoctions followed by a string of numbers. Kudos to those of you with tidy names. The rest of you- join us and swell the ranks of the righteous! It's not too late! ;)

A million years ago Diablo 2 was released, and I, for lack of a better multiplayer RPG, was a huge addict (despite my intense hatred of the game). "Sparky" was a sorceress who specialized in lightning spells, named after a dog. Which I suppose makes me a person (named after an imaginary sorceress (named after a dog)).

Dualnames

I've posted before but what the fick i can abuse more of those rules. I had so many wonderful nicks: NarIthan, Kurt4294(wrong date by the way), JustLedZep and I chose dualnames. Dualnames stands for my two surnames. My full name is Jim Thanasias-Spanos. So dual names. I could choose twonames but I was so lame that I chose dualnames. My name is Jim "Dualnames" Span because I hate my first surname then a basketball player called Vasilis Spanoulis had a nick : V-Span so I chose that. End of Story.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Nikolas

End of story?

This sound like the begining of a noir film or something. What a story about a nick... ;)

Fyntax

I too once a long time ago, had a cool and meaningful name, just like you guys, with a story to tell about it.

However, back in a day I started playing World war 2 online and when signing up my cool and meaningful name had allready been taken by some zitty teenager (like me I presume).. after many many attempts at other lesser cool names, all which had been taken aswell. I finally, in desperation, because I wanted to play the game I just bought, ended up writing my own name.. just to realise that it was also taken..

then I slammed a one on it and it got through..

..I wish I had a witty and cool name like you..

Bluesman

I'm a blues singer. A rubbish one, but a blues singer nonetheless...

Dualnames

Quote from: Nikolas on Sat 13/10/2007 10:26:42
End of story?

This sound like the begining of a noir film or something. What a story about a nick... ;)

I'm gonna publish the whole story if you like.... :P
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Emerald

The Emerald has always been my callsign. My main penname is James Joseph Emerald, my birth-stone is an emerald (may), and has always been my favourite gemstone (yes, I have a favourite gemstone...)
Also, I'm from Ireland - The 'Emerald Isle' - and emerald green is my favourite colour. Emeralds are also the most valuable gemstones, and are connected with mysticism and legends...

To be honest, though, it was a spur-of-the-moment decision based on a random word that popped into my head (which I've chosen to forever brand myself with...) :P

Jack Sheehan

Well my real name is Richard Johnson but I just had to change it, I had far too many offers from international espionage agencies for work.

Emerald

Quote from: Jack Sheehan on Thu 14/02/2008 20:54:49
Well my real name is Richard Johnson but I just had to change it, I had far too many offers from international espionage agencies for work.

Hehe, Dick Johnny...

DanielH

In arcade games I was DAN or Daniel,
Then for a brief period* I was EricHalfBee (after a certain Monty python song)
Now I'm DanielH, Real name, Daniel John Hurton.

*I Still am EricHalfBee, If you ever play Age of empires 3 online, drop me a line.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk