The Video Game Quote Game

Started by Amayirot Akago, Sun 05/03/2017 08:31:33

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 31/03/2017 13:26:48
Oh you really should... It's one of the greats!

Definitely - in terms of atmosphere it's one of the best ever.

Cassiebsg

Really? The Dig? This is the second time I don't post my first thought... cause I don't remember it being so "lively funny" and then thought "nah...  (wrong)(laugh)

(no idea about CaptainD's though...)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

A bit of side-talk on a mentioned game. Not really off-topic, but I will hide it:

Spoiler
Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 31/03/2017 20:08:51
Really? The Dig? This is the second time I don't post my first thought... cause I don't remember it being so "lively funny" and then thought "nah...  (wrong)(laugh)

Yeah, most of the light banter is from Boston Low, and there are quite a few funny dialogs with him and Maggie throwing quips back and forth at each other. This is one point where some modern critics of the game call it "tone deaf", because the quippy humour can overlap through parts of the game where the story gets quite dark.

For example:
Spoiler
Right after Brink dies, and right after Boston has to saw off Brink's hand, Boston is immediately his same old quippy self in dialogs with Maggie and in his comments when interacting with the environment, making him seem quite a jerk.
[close]

While I agree this is jarring, as game developers I guess we can imagine how much extra work it would have taken to adjust every piece of text for dialogs/interactions for every character depending on their current mood in the story. And I guess also at the time of the game's release the majority of players didn't really expect such a high level of reality in the characters in a point-and-click adventure game.
[close]

CaptainD

Just a reminder of the first quote from the current game:

"If you're still alive, boy, you're under arrest."

Another one:

"Ah, your ears are fine. It's what's between 'em that scares me."

Amayirot Akago

Full Throttle. Didn't recognize the first line but once you start quoting the intro I'm all over that ;)
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

CaptainD

Amayirot Akago

Wonderful :=

If you've come for the fork, you'll be sorely disappointed!
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Mandle

Amayirot Akago

I haven't even played that one yet, so no :P

Amayirot Akago

Guess it's time for a hint: 1995 DOS game.

Subject must stay in bunk. Recuperation is mandatory. Subject must comply with all instructions. This unit is shock resistant.

CrashPL

Return the fork, or I'll command it to destroy you!

Ah, good old Bioforge. :D Shame they never did the second part, nor the Bioforge Plus expansion. :(

Amayirot Akago

Yes indeed CrashPL ;) Good old clunky cyborg punching simulator.

CrashPL

Alright, let's try this:

If I listened to every piece of good advice I heard, I'd have killed all of you already and run off with your gold.

Danvzare

CrashPL

(wrong)

(first hint: the main character is one hell of a sarcastic arsehole)

I'm sorry but that's not vague enough for me. Could you be a little less specific?

Danvzare

dayowlron

Just from the clue and not the quotes I want to guess:
Full Throttle
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

Quote from: CrashPL on Tue 04/04/2017 11:28:13
I'm sorry but that's not vague enough for me. Could you be a little less specific?

I have no idea what the game might be, but I'm so going to be using that line in real life whenever someone asks me a question I'd rather they didn't.

CaptainD

Or... could it be The Book of Unwritten Tales?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk