The Video Game Quote Game

Started by Amayirot Akago, Sun 05/03/2017 08:31:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

CrashPL

Nope, keep guessing. :D

(second hint: not an adventure game. It was released four times [the original release, two ports, and yet another port recently, as an anniversary treat]).

Fine. Fine. I'll do the job. But save your sermons, gold has a finer voice.

and

That one lard-butt looked pretty damn blessed to me. About two hundred pounds more blessed than anyone else around here.

CrashPL

Nobody, nothing? :(

Here's a hint that should reveal it: a jRPG, originally released for the Dreamcast.

'Does not the light of the sun shine even now? Does not the land await the return of its true god? May the Light come quickly.'
Does not Ryudo tire of this? Does he not want to put his fist through this book? May his suffering end quickly."

CaptainD

Not ringing any bells for me I'm afraid.  ??? ???

Danvzare

Quote from: CrashPL on Thu 06/04/2017 07:33:48
Here's a hint that should reveal it: a jRPG, originally released for the Dreamcast.
Well that explains why no one has been able to guess it. Almost no one ever had a Dreamcast. (laugh)

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

CrashPL

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Thu 06/04/2017 15:13:22
Skies of Arcadia?

That's the "first Dreamcast jRPG", the quotes are from the second one.  ;-D

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

CrashPL

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Fri 07/04/2017 15:10:03
Grandia II?

Yup, it's Grandia II, the second DC jRPG. :D Your turn!

Amayirot Akago

Figured it had to be one of those two ;)

You smell like birthday cake and fluffy clouds... With a hint of fresh pine.

Amayirot Akago

Hint: two playable characters.

When you tire of child's play, when you're ready for real danger... come see me.

Danvzare

Amayirot Akago

Danvzare

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Sat 08/04/2017 13:00:43
That's the one :)
What? Seriously!
I only guessed that based on what I know about the plot of the game.

Ok um...
Here's the quote:

Got it memorized?

CrashPL

Isn't that Axel's signature saying from Kingdom Hearts? (laugh)

Danvzare

Quote from: CrashPL on Mon 10/04/2017 12:01:28
Isn't that Axel's signature saying from Kingdom Hearts? (laugh)
And you got it. Your turn. :-D

It's really hard trying to think of a quote from a video game.

CaptainD

Quote from: Danvzare on Mon 10/04/2017 12:23:37

Also unlike the movie quote game it's not so easy to find places to check your quotes or find a new one if nothing comes to mind!

CrashPL

Quote from: CaptainD on Mon 10/04/2017 12:42:35
Quote from: Danvzare on Mon 10/04/2017 12:23:37

Also unlike the movie quote game it's not so easy to find places to check your quotes or find a new one if nothing comes to mind!

Makes you think twice about your game selection, before pressing that "post" button. :D

But anyway, how about this infamous gem?

What's a paladin?

Mandle

Oh... That's Ultima 5-6 or so...

When the player character returns to the Ultima world after already having struggled for so long to become a Paladin but suddenly has no idea what one is... BETRAYED!!!

CrashPL

Close enough, it's Ultima IX, to be exact. :) And oh boy, what a way to end the legendary series. Doesn't help the fact I'm a huge fan of Ultima saga.

Your turn, Mandle!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk