I was lucky and got it in two today  ;-D

⬜⬜🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

cat

Lucky again!
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Snarky

Playing Quordle on practice, I thought to warn you all about MYRRH. Not easy to guess unless you're on the lookout.

Snarky

Wordle 714 X/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩

It's been a long while since I struck out, but feel I got unlucky on this one.

Spoiler
HANKY, FANCY, PANSY, MANGY... word was NANNY
[close]

Incidentally, I just started playing Redactle. It's more like 20 questions than Wordle, but still a diverting game.

cat

Wow, I just tried Redactle, but this is super difficult.

Spoiler
I was able to figure out it's about a Spanish guy, but I can't even guess his profession.
[close]

Edit: I played around with randomly generated Redactles and failed a few, but was proud that I solved Capacitor in 43 guesses.

Snarky

I think it was Ponce de Leon (I got as far as a Spanish explorer in Florida), but I didn't remember his name before the puzzle changed. I was quite pleased to work out Peter Abelard on the previous quiz in not too many guesses. Today's took me ages (and 147 guesses) to work out, though.

cat

Never heard of Ponce de Leon. That's the disadvantage with this game, if you don't know a person, you will never figure out the name, even if you guess the rest of the article correctly.

Today was fun, got it in 63 guesses

Spoiler
Though after 41 steam, 50 transport and 51 rail, it still took some time to figure it out. I was probably thinking in too complicate terms
[close]

cat

Nice
⬜🟨🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

cat

I'm having a run, lately.

⬜🟨🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Stupot

I haven't had a two-er for a long time so I'll be giving myself a pat on the back.

Wordle 774 2/6*

🟨⬛🟨⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

cat

I got Redactle on my 8th guess today
Spoiler
Rum
[close]
:-D

cat

And another one:

⬜🟨🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket?

cat

Today I solved Redactle on my 6th guess  8-0

Spoiler
Hydroelectricity - I'm still surprised that I spelled it correctly.
I often start guessing with the word "water". water, chemical, level, plant, power
[close]

cat

Quite lucky today #813

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Stupot

QuoteQuite lucky today #813

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Blimey. 5 goes for me.

cat

Anyone else still playing?

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Stupot

Quote from: cat on Fri 22/09/2023 20:42:58Anyone else still playing?
Yes but barely. I go days without remembering to play.

Snarky

Yeah, most days. I haven't got it in 2 in forever, probably not since I last posted it here. (Though the other day I was very close: I think the word was STONE and I stupidly guessed STONY on the second.)

I play Quordle more, and recently got into Octordle. I particularly like Octordle "rescue" mode: it starts off with a few rows pre-filled with random guesses.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk