Weird Foreign Toilet Thread

Started by Atelier, Tue 20/05/2014 03:22:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Atelier

Hi guys, Atelier here.

Now, as we all know, the world is made up of many different types of people. From continent to continent we speak different languages, wear different clothes, and have fascinatingly disparate cultures. However, you may not also know that the human race has an impressive diversity of contraptions for depositing our waste products, of both the liquid and solid variety.

I will take you by the hand (but please, don't forget to wash them after we've finished) as we look at the many different varieties of toilet out there.

Squat Toilet

This here is a squat toilet. As the name suggests, one positions themselves over it in a frog-like fashion for delivery of waste. The squat toilet is most commonly found in Africa and Asia, although they can be found elsewhere - believe it or not, the one pictured is actually in Michigan, USA!

Chemical Toilet

Found worldwide, the chemical toilet is invaluable at concerts and building sites, where there is no established sewage system. The body is positioned similar to how you would use a flush toilet (see below).

Flush Toilet

This is a typical flush toilet, and could be said to have a monopoly on the toilet world. Many of you will be familiar with the design. Some have two different power settings, which allows the user to respond to the situation in accordance with its severity.

Wow, what a fascinating variety of toilets we humans have produced! If you would like to learn more, there's probably a subreddit for this kind of thing. Atelier out.

Baron

I am most appreciative of Atelier for starting this long-overdue topic.  I actually learned a lot at the beginning of the OP about squat toilets!  But surely there are more than just the three varieties of toilets listed above....:P  For a species of remarkably similar anatomy across ethnic lines and national borders, I was always led to believe that humanity was infinitely inventive when it came to disposing of the waste that anatomy must regularly expel. 

This is my personal favourite:

When I was a kid we had to freeze our bums off sitting on the bumper!  This looks 1000% more comfortable.  Of course this kind of toilet works best on isolated back roads and up in the bush, not something you'd want to try, say, on a driveway or a parking lot.  ;)

Gilbert

I'm surprise that someone will find the Squat Toilet weird. It's everywhere here. :tongue:

Adeel

Quote from: Iceboty V7000a on Tue 20/05/2014 06:33:27
I'm surprise that someone will find the Squat Toilet weird. It's everywhere here. :tongue:

Same goes for Pakistan. Although, I'm noticing an increasing number of flush toilets (commonly known here as: western toilets) too. Mainly, they are used by older and/or weak people who find difficulty in squatting.

Also, when we are discussing Squat Toilets, how can we forget Lota? :grin:

[imgzoom]http://i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/137156584/PLASTIC_LOTA.jpg_250x250.jpg[/imgzoom]

Gurok

People don't use toilets. Toilets do.

I'm sorry, am I in the wrong thread?
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

miguel

Back here civilians must build their own toilets, it's mandatory.
Here's my lovely crafted toilet made by this here hands:

Notice how I cleverly wrote NO on the seat? Means NO it's a NO! I'm the only one to use it!

Do you think it's funny?
You wouldn't if your alternative was the community toilets (lots of fun but a bit messy):

Extra points if you could take a dump while in the air! Good times!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Stupot

I'm in Japan where this is a common sight.

The warm seat and bum-squirter mean hours of cosy, sexy fun.

selmiak

Quote from: Stupot+ on Tue 20/05/2014 11:13:20
I'm in Japan where this is a common sight.

The warm seat and bum-squirter mean hours of cosy, sexy fun.

I envy you so much!

miguel

QuoteI envy you so much!

Hey! What's wrong with my toilet? Do you prefer the shit baths of the second image?

Baron

Seat warming seems like a nice feature, although I'd need more details about this "bum squirting" before I sign on for that... :-\  The rustic charm of Miguel's home-made toilet seems quaint, but I'm secretly disappointed that he didn't get adventure-game creative with some sort of needlessly complex but hilariously ingenious plumbing arrangement.  Similarly, I would find it more sporting if there was some sort of fraying or burning rope that could be used to swing over the communal cesspool, but to each his own.  (roll)

To the opposite end of the technology spectrum, can somebody please explain me this:

Mati256

In my country you only find squat toilets in gas stations and old bars.
My Blog! (En Español)

selmiak

Quote from: Baron on Wed 21/05/2014 02:40:27
To the opposite end of the technology spectrum, can somebody please explain me this:

in space noone can hear you fart!
especially when all fluids, more or less stable stuff, sounds and smells get sucked in!

after 'Alien', 'Lost in space' and 'Sharktopuss in space', the new horror shocker:

diarrhea in space!

and on a slightly more serious note, can you even get diarrhea on the ISS when you arrive there in stable condition, don't bring any viruses with you and your ugly food can basically never rot away as it is packaged for eternity. Can there even grow mold on food when there are no spores around in the first place?

about that 'bum' squirting, the ladies will probably enjoy this too ;)

kaput

Quote from: Baron on Wed 21/05/2014 02:40:27

It's obviously a ten cock toilet. Political correctness and all. And in any case. I don't like change! You'll have to grab a flush toilet from my COLD DEAD HANDS!

Ghost

Quote from: selmiak on Wed 21/05/2014 16:25:23
Can there even grow mold on food when there are no spores around in the first place?

There's plenty of Spore in space. Mr. Molyneaux saw to that. Some are cock-shaped.

Stupot

Quote from: selmiak on Wed 21/05/2014 16:25:23
about that 'bum' squirting, the ladies will probably enjoy this too ;)
Indeed they can. There are separate settings for おãâ€"ã‚Š(oshiri) which targets the anus and ãÆ'“ãÆ'‡(bidet) which the ladies can enjoy.

Atelier

Thank you for the wkind words of appreication guys, I'm very galf to know that you appreciate the wondeful collection of Crapparian devices as I do. I certainly would not put any of my orificies close to something with as many high pressure d tubes as that picutre illustrates.

selmiak

Ghost

Quote from: Atelier on Fri 23/05/2014 00:03:19
Thank you for the wkind words of appreication guys, I'm very galf to know that you appreciate the wondeful collection of Crapparian devices as I do.

Hafl Live 3 confirminated! 8-0

miguel

I just want to say that vacuum anal devices are forbidden in my country.

Baron

Quote from: miguel on Sat 24/05/2014 00:47:41
I just want to say that vacuum anal devices are forbidden in my country.

And I was just thinking to myself this morning: "Self, what do you think the chances are that Miguel will get into trouble with the customs agents at the border of his country when he tries to cross with his impressively diverse collection of vacuum anal devices?" :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk