What State (and/or province, area, etc) are YOU from?

Started by 00jon00, Tue 01/06/2004 08:53:38

Previous topic - Next topic

SpacePirateCaine

Born in Nova Scotia, Canada
Lived my Teen years in/Spend my vacation time in California, USA
Currently living in Chiba, Japan
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

Ozwalled

From, and currently living in New Brunswick, Canada (on the East coast).

Taxes here are crazy.

Baron

I reside in Guelph, Ontario.
That's three in a row for Canada! :-*

Babar

Quote from: Capn MucousArts on Sun 04/07/2004 13:24:13
kinda late i guess...but here goes.. ;)
Im from the city of Mumbai,which is in the sate of Maharashtra...and all of that belongs to India. ;D
hmm...*wonders if he's the only Indian around here... ::)

I live in Islamabad, Pakistan.... I guess that is as close as you will get ;D
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Secret Fawful

mousemat

europe,united kingdom,Southern England
:) mousemat :)
Oh yer moon walkin'
www.freewebs.com/bkreview/

ghostface

Ok...So far 17 americans have posted so I'll add one.
I live in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania. If you have never heard of Valley Forge, its the place where Washington stayed during the winter in the Rev. War. Its about 20 minutes from Philly. Hope to see someone who lives close!
"I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory. Lasts forever."

"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Anarcho

Originally from Connecuticut, in the US.  Currently, I live in Washington, DC.

Ozwalled, where in New Brunswick do you live?  My grandmother was from St. Johns.  Her family was exiled there...literally...

Wormmaster

Ozwalled

Quote from: ldw on Mon 09/08/2004 05:14:13
Originally from Connecuticut, in the US.  Currently, I live in Washington, DC.

Ozwalled, where in New Brunswick do you live?  My grandmother was from St. Johns.  Her family was exiled there...literally...

Well, if she was in New Brunswick, she would have been in St. John -- St. John's would be in the province of Newfoundland. Just so you know.

But exiled to St. John? What the heck was THAT all about? Was it some weird part of the big Acadian deportation? (my history is bad...)

ANYway, I'm actually about a 5 hour's drive away from St. John, in a small joke of a city called Campbellton, at the very North of the province, very much boardering on the province of Quebec (basically, we cross the bride and we're ina different timezone... and in a way, a whole different world...).

Cooincidentally, my parents happen to be visiting St. John as we speak, though, as there's a Tallships... thing going on.

Pelican

Anarcho

Quote from: Ozwalled on Fri 13/08/2004 12:20:05

Well, if she was in New Brunswick, she would have been in St. John -- St. John's would be in the province of Newfoundland. Just so you know.

Oh, yeah, I know that...but I always get it mixed up.  Sorry!  I've always wanted to visit up there, just because my grandma told some cool stories...

But the story is that my grandma's family, the Belyeas, were loyalists during the American Revolutionary War...they were living in Tarrytown, New York at the time, and then obviously their side lost and they had to get out of the area fast to avoid...unpleasantness.  Supposedly the King of England granted them a bunch of land up there and they were a prominent family and maybe still are, I dunno...

Not that it's passed down the generations.  They divided up the family estate maybe ten years ago, my grandma got an inheritence check in the mail for $350 dollars.  She bought an air conditioner.   Big Whoop.

Well anyway, that's cool that you know of this place...

-Logan

Akumayo

my computer, my house, hot springs city, Garland County, Arkansas State, United States of America Country, North American Continent, Earth, 4th arm solar system 12, Milky Way Galaxy, Univers Bubble 49, Universe Bubble Center Alpha, Host Race Gammoshokes, Leader Odin
"Power is not a means - it is an end."

landslidepurist

i'm from surrey, england. i live in bristol, england.

Best

Im from Slovakia (Slovak republic) in Middle Europe.
Valame tes lan-utas desi gronto?

LucasFan

Moox

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk