Backing up your game
You will no doubt want to back up your game files, and should do so
regularly during your game development. But which files should you
When taking a backup, make sure you copy ALL the files
- GAME.AGF - this is the main data file for your game and
contains almost all of the game settings. Without it, your game is
- ACSPRSET.SPR - this is your game's sprite file,
containing all the sprites from the sprite manager.
- ROOM*.CRM - all the ROOM*.CRM files are your room files,
and obviously without one of them you wouldn't be able to go into
that room any longer.
- *.ASC, *.ASH - these are your script files, and contain
all of your scripting handywork.
- *.TRS - translation source files. They contain any
translations that you've had done.
- AGSFNT*.TTF, AGSFNT*.WFN - these files contain any fonts
you have imported.
Also remember to back up any sound, music and video files you