The Uncertainty Machine
The Uncertainty Machine is an AGS adventure sci-fi game released in 2003 by Portuguese gamemaker Eduardo "Ratracer" Campos.
Set in the near future in a city in the western world, where people live perfect life and the felons are kept in secluded areas, and they are known as the "off-limiters".
The protagonist, news journalist Susan Gant, witnesses a robbery of an old man from an off-limiter, and is sent to investigate the burglary of the Vice-Consul's mansion, before realizing there's much more behind it.
- It was reviewed in Reloaded.org by Frodo and received a 3.7/5 rating.
- It was reviewed in Just Adventure by Jerome and received a C+ rating.
- It was reviewed in Freegame.cz by Artman and received 90% rate.
- It was reviewed in Quandary and was rated 3/5 stars.
- It was reviewed in AGS Ezine blog and received 78%.
- It was reviewed in Adventure-Archiv and received 71%.
The game was nominated for eight categories in AGS Awards 2003, but didn't win any, making it a record at the time, until Reactor 09 was nominated for 9 categories and didn't win.
- Best Game
- Best Gameplay
- Best Puzzles
- Best Story
- Best Dialogue
- Best Room Art
- Best Character Art
- Best Scripting